Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

The tories will snort anything.

E:
Kitten fostering tax.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The one on the right has great camouflage I genuinely thought it was just the other lil' one for way too long.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
My favourite stupid delivery story is when I ordered something for my flat at the time from B&Q, and one day I was informed that my package was on its way to number 44 thousand and something on my street. Which was a bit weird considering it only had about 20 blocks of flats on it.

What I figured out must have happened was someone had taken the flat number (written with a slash, e.g. 10/3) and for some reason put it into its own column in Excel, which had promptly formatted it as a date in the current year. Dates in Excel being ultimately stored in terms of days since 1 January 1900, of which there had been around 44 thousand.

They did not manage to deliver it that day.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Incels and Excel both notorious for incorrectly assuming something is a date.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

How do you even hire Hermes or Yodel or whatever to deliver a ton of soil?

I had some soil delivered recently and the uhhh, soil shop(?!?) hired a local guy with a dump truck to come and deliver it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
a ton of soil starts becoming less obvious once you start getting into medium sized install jobs. a contractor working a bigger residential redesign might not miss that much until towards the end of the work if they built in enough of a fudge factor, especially if they think the client might not notice if things are a bit off plan

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Anyone got any exciting deliveries due today?

I have a sack of dog food arriving.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Been waiting forever for a pair of books I bought on C.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They put the pointer in wrong and your apartment actually moved 44,000 places to the left.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I live at #DIV/0! Acacia Avenue and I'm always getting the neighbour's parcels

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

They put the pointer in wrong and your apartment actually moved 44,000 places to the left.

I've had a lot of delivery trouble ever since I moved to the big end of town.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Re kpichat, any of youse read "How to Measure Anything" by Douglas Hubbard? It was a recommended read from my old boss...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just don't leave in at the top of your toilet reading pile because people might get ideas.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Mugsbaloney posted:

Re kpichat, any of youse read "How to Measure Anything" by Douglas Hubbard? It was a recommended read from my old boss...

My husband has read most of it, he liked the ideas and found it useful. His colleague apparently thought it was more of a sales pitch for the author’s consultancy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
90% of interesting long form articles now seem like a sales pitch for the author's new book, so I guess it's pitches all the way down.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

write pitches get money

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I once lost a delivery because they left it inside the recycling bin that got collected before I found out. I trist whoever found it at the recycling centre enjoyed the shirts it contained.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

killerwhat posted:

My husband has read most of it, he liked the ideas and found it useful. His colleague apparently thought it was more of a sales pitch for the author’s consultancy.

Nice, I'll give it a bash then. Looking forward to capturing the deluge in a paper cup.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

3 Ivy Compton-Burnett novels, and Dominant Species: Marine. Impulsive extravagances I don't have shelf space for

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Oh dear me posted:

Dominant Species: Marine

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The new Tory dating site: Fishr.

(E: yes, I know there's a joke to be made about Michael Gove signing up for plentyoffish after his divorce and quitting out of disappointment. But shame on you if you think he wants a relationship.)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/1613857953999716352

He gave his name in court as "Harry Spartacus May"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I am the egg man! No, I am the egg man!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm the walrus.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Platty Joob-a-joob

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Well this loving sucks:

Right to wild camp in England lost in Dartmoor court case

quote:

The right to wild camp on Dartmoor has been overturned after a court case brought to the high court by a wealthy landowner.

Dartmoor was the only place in England and Wales where there was a right to camp under the stars without seeking permission from the landowner.

Alexander Darwall, a hedge fund manager and Dartmoor’s sixth-largest landowner, brought the case against the national park, arguing that the right to wild camp on the moors never existed. Darwall, the owner of the 1,619-hectare (4,000-acre) Blachford estate on southern Dartmoor, offers pheasant shoots, deerstalking and holiday rentals on his land.

Absolute loving oval office.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What a oval office.

Surprised he didn't try to get more campers and then advertise p(h)easant shoots

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sell Devon to Scotland for a penny, see how he likes that.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I have a sack of dog food arriving.

I just got a replacement piece for a board game (Onitama)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/1613857953999716352

He gave his name in court as "Harry Spartacus May"

In the article there's a link

quote:

READ MORE: Woman, 81, shouts six powerful words to Prince William

Now I haven't clicked it but I assume it's a string of racial slurs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Resign your titles, support a republic."

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Aphex- posted:

Well this loving sucks:

gently caress this noise, I was actually planning on doing exactly this when Spring rolls round

I probably will anyway, to be honest

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

His Divine Shadow posted:

READ MORE: Woman, 81, shouts six powerful words to Prince William

She's no Ulfric Stormcloak but a fair play for the try.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Just camp calmly.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

His Divine Shadow posted:

In the article there's a link

Now I haven't clicked it but I assume it's a string of racial slurs.

Think they forgot the other 8.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Aphex- posted:

Well this loving sucks:

Ugh, what a disappointment. Why are we constantly going backwards?
I love Dartmoor, have spent many a night wild camping there. I will still go, cos you can't enforce something like that in the middle of the remote moors, but for fucks sake. Maybe in the more popular outskirt areas you could, but you can disappear nicely when you go further in. So many people will be put off from trying out wild camping by this though.
loving rich people ruin everything

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Does wild camping mean just not using a camp site?

One isn't allowed to camp on the island in Windermere, but the majority of my camping has been done exactly there. I'm a badboy.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Does wild camping mean just not using a camp site?

One isn't allowed to camp on the island in Windermere, but the majority of my camping has been done exactly there. I'm a badboy.

Yeah pretty much.

It's not going to deter many wild campers because we don't give a poo poo, and it's never been an issue before. It's just another thing that's being taken away by the rich for no good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How can you even own land lol it's right there