Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

FirstnameLastname posted:

she was being drugged or something weird at the time iirc

I in no way meant to imply Britney's conservatorship was deserved, sorry. Only that people are much more willing to treat women as crazy people who can't be trusted with their own lives/property. Men are rarely ever treated the same way, even when they genuinely are having a severe mental break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Twitter content moderation still going well.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CuwiKhons posted:

I in no way meant to imply Britney's conservatorship was deserved, sorry. Only that people are much more willing to treat women as crazy people who can't be trusted with their own lives/property. Men are rarely ever treated the same way, even when they genuinely are having a severe mental break.

o i didn't think you were, i just remember hearing they were putting her on some negligently heavy drug cocktail on top of everything else when that happened

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FirstnameLastname posted:

o i didn't think you were, i just remember hearing they were putting her on some negligently heavy drug cocktail on top of everything else when that happened

Yeh and then she got told she would lose all contact with her sons perminantly if she failed any drug tests, and that's why she had her head shaved as she had no idea if what they were giving her was restricted, but did know that it would all show up on a hair test.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Elviscat posted:

God these morons are still crying over this?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Even if Horse Dewormer came out as 200% more effective than the vax shots, would they continue to take it if it was officially endorsed?
No of course not you can't tell me what to do you're not my real dad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was endorsed by Trump, so possibly.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Looks like Tesla just dropped prices by up to $13k here in the US
https://www.engadget.com/tesla-implements-huge-us-price-cuts-across-its-lineup-083211088.html

Wonder how that one guy who was pressured into picking his car up before the 21st of December feels lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hazo posted:

Wait what? I watched the first few episodes when it came out and was mildly amused by the B plot of shrunken captive humans, but I figured it was like a one episode thing. That keeps going throughout the whole series? That sounds awful.

You sound awful

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry i take that back I didn’t mean it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

sarcastx posted:

Looks like Tesla just dropped prices by up to $13k here in the US
https://www.engadget.com/tesla-implements-huge-us-price-cuts-across-its-lineup-083211088.html

Wonder how that one guy who was pressured into picking his car up before the 21st of December feels lol

Its the only thing that has temporarily stopped the hemorrhaging of stock price. For now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CommieGIR posted:

Its the only thing that has temporarily stopped the hemorrhaging of stock price. For now.

It's dropped 6% so far overnight

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hazo posted:

Wait what? I watched the first few episodes when it came out and was mildly amused by the B plot of shrunken captive humans, but I figured it was like a one episode thing. That keeps going throughout the whole series? That sounds awful.

It is the worst part of the show and there's way too much of it. They show up in every episode. Sometimes they have whole episodes of just the wall

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I played through High on Life a few weeks ago and it was pretty fun with a kind of neat concept, but so much of it was ruined by Justin Roiland being Justin Roiland.

Like, I think the only two parts with him that I vaguely enjoyed where the Morty Gun forbidding me from shooting the ugly tribble things being rendered into drugs, and him getting constantly interrupted from making a "Heartfelt Confession" by the waiter at Space Applebee's - but the player keep getting dialog options to order a meal.

I'd play again to watch the bad movies they managed to get the rights to show, but... Eh, it's not really worth listening to his voice more.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

Well, looks like old poo poo-for-brains disabled or tripped over the cables for third party tokens. None of the third party apps can authenticate.

Gotta unplug more stuff!!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

CuwiKhons posted:

i'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure britney's conservatorship was, uh, not entirely ungrounded. her instagram is a loving trip

That said, Kanye and Musk both torching their lives and finances seem far more unhinged and self-destructive than anything britney got up to.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 13, 2023

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure britney's conservatorship was, uh, not entirely ungrounded

her instagram is a loving trip

Wasn't her Instagram being use as part of a bot net or something

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Jestery posted:

Wasn't her Instagram being use as part of a bot net or something

yeah russians were putting botnet commands in the comments or something lol

her actual content is like weird dancing videos, selfies that look like evidence photos from a sex trafficking operation, and occasional minimally censored butthole pics

poo poo is wild

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shutting down third party twitter apps is for sure a way to get me to stop using twitter for good. I use tweetdeck on PC and Talon on Android and basically never have to see any of the promoted tweets or any of the things that people regularly complain about seeing on Twitter. If this is intentionally being done to force people onto https://www.twitter.com then yeah I'm out.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Britney’s life has been child_actor.txt from the go and her life is wall-to-wall people just salivating over the chance to steal as much from her as possible. It’s a disaster on every level

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah pretty much

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

explosivo posted:

Shutting down third party twitter apps is for sure a way to get me to stop using twitter for good. I use tweetdeck on PC and Talon on Android and basically never have to see any of the promoted tweets or any of the things that people regularly complain about seeing on Twitter. If this is intentionally being done to force people onto https://www.twitter.com then yeah I'm out.
Being in Australia and using uBlock Origin seems to stop pretty much all Promoted and Ads on PC. But this has always been the case for me so :shrug:
I'm not blaming anyone for ditching it when it breaks on their end though, that's my plan too.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

goatface posted:

Trump also endorsed injecting disinfectant and somehow 'putting the light inside the body' if I remember correctly.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
He also endorsed racism too like a pro guy that he is.....

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they actually tried to do exactly that with the gerrymander they came up with that got thrown out. of course, it got thrown out by judges that cuomo appointed, because he sucked massively. though given that dems underperformed in most if not all districts, that might have still not worked at all. which is all a shame because stefanik is only barely a step above gaetz, boebert and mtg as far as awful republicans goes
If everything went right and all the MAGA people stayed home, maaaaybe, but there's really a lot of MAGA republicans and her district loves her. But this is a state that somehow has Dem supermajorities in both chambers of the state legislature so someone got something right.

Also Stefanik is worse because she's got an actual brain, unlike Boebert/Gaetz/MTG who flirt with falling off a cliff because Jesus will catch them. Stefanik plays the MAGA idiot because that wins her power; what she does is well calculated.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’d argue that it’s impossible to “play” MAGA types, at least not in the long term. They will inevitably bite the hand

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Stefanik is a political chameleon with no apparent bedrock principles except her self-advancement. She can be as mercurial as the movement demands.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

feeling pretty good about telling my mum to buy a Polestar, she picked it up last weekend

I cannot imagine the strife I'd be copping had she just missed out on a $10k+ discount

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

It's dropped 6% so far overnight

Oh no! Anyways...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CommieGIR posted:

Oh no! Anyways...

Zeno's Portfolio

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

I played through High on Life a few weeks ago and it was pretty fun with a kind of neat concept, but so much of it was ruined by Justin Roiland being Justin Roiland.

Oh poo poo, did he do the voice for the gun creature thing? I watched someone playing the game on twitch and I couldn't last more than 5 minutes because that gun was annoying as all gently caress and didn't shut up

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Oh poo poo, did he do the voice for the gun creature thing? I watched someone playing the game on twitch and I couldn't last more than 5 minutes because that gun was annoying as all gently caress and didn't shut up

despite playing every garbage FPS on earth, i was instantly turned off by the gun talking to you the whole time. it's a fun gag for like, a single gun in Borderlands, but if you're going to make it the entire game, it's going to get annoying.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

how does anyone go into that game not knowing it's 100% pickle rich bitch shouting at you the entire time?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

Donnie has said get vaxed or get the updated stuff/boosters at his own rallies and has gotten booed everytime. Same with DeSantis. the base clearly hates and doesnt want pro vax messages and major R figures and media doesnt want to try to flip the base even though they could

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Slotducks posted:

how does anyone go into that game not knowing it's 100% pickle rich bitch shouting at you the entire time?

lol the company that made it is called Squanch Games, real big indicator of who made it and inserted themselves into every second of gameplay

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slotducks posted:

i've never seen rick and morty and never heard of this guy before a few days ago. :shrug:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Elviscat posted:

What's up with the Ivermectin resurgence anyways?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i've never seen rick and morty and never heard of this guy before a few days ago. :shrug:

holy poo poo this guy hasn't seen pickel rick before he'ss gonna flip his poo poo when he sees it its the funniest poo poo ever

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1613900363652009992

Elon Musk: Junior Web Developer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Helpdesk operator reporting to the junior developer