Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2. 2/7 heroes down and relatively sure I'm on my way to taking down a 3rd hero, and maybe a 4th depending on how the scenarios and events go. This is such a neat little game. It feels so much like those Final Fantasy randomizers where they start you off with an airship and you're just seeing how far you can explore while getting involved in various events to unlock more of the world. It'll be fun seeing videogames stream it when he reaches the "a bunch of SaGa games" part of his backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

How to play Hitman:

1. Install the Hitman Trilogy on gamepass.

that's it, you're done. enjoy your murdering.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

cheetah7071 posted:

my computer broke which busted me out of my dwarf fortress addiction, so I've been playing tunic

pretty good imo

If you want the DF gangtag in memory of your expired computer, let me know

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

man I just know there's gonna be some kind of wild twist with these aliens

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Lawman 0 posted:

I genuinely don't know what to look forward to this year.

whatever it is i'll buy it at a high price, stranger

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lawman 0 posted:

Wild Hearts, Wo Long, and Uh... Wtreet Fighter 6

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Lawman 0 posted:

in terms of actual gameplay? no idea either

in terms of content produced? definitely starfield

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Games I'm excited to play this year: Prince of Persia (2008), Prototype, Pikmin, Resident Evil 5. If I'm lucky I'll also get to Metroid Prime and Arkham Asylum :unsmith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1613746239337824257

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
they should have gotten nicholas tartaglione

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I also would have kicked that guy off a ledge. Great technique

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lawman 0 posted:

Suikoden I & II HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars!!!! You fool!!!! How could you have forgotten???? In the year of the JRPG of all things!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

whatever it is i'll buy it at a high price, stranger

learned the other day that leon and the merchant have the same voice actor

and also that ashley is voiced by sandy from spongebob

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

bone emulator posted:

How to play Hitman:

1. Install the Hitman Trilogy on gamepass.

that's it, you're done. enjoy your murdering.
The only potential issue with this is that your progression is tied to what platform you play it on (even on PC, it's separate between Steam, Epic, and Microsoft) so if Hitman ever leaves Game Pass you'll have to buy it on the Microsoft Store or an actual Xbox in order to keep your progress. But if you don't care about keeping long term progress (or don't care about potentially having to buy it on the MS Store) then it's a great deal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

the year of the JRPG

Also coming up for me this year: Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 3, the Tales of Symphonia sequel and Dokapon Kingdom :yeshaha:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Rarity posted:

Games I'm excited to play this year: Prince of Persia (2008), Prototype, Pikmin, Resident Evil 5. If I'm lucky I'll also get to Metroid Prime and Arkham Asylum :unsmith:

oh my god, i forgot there was a new pikmin game coming! hell yeah!!!

i feel like i'll never be able to play metroid prime ever again, though. we are in hell and god's punishment to me personally is never rereleasing the trilogy or a sequel.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rarity has a good list of games this year hell yeah.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The new Fire Emblem is out next week and it looks pretty good, might get it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

For PoP 2008 I don't even know if the DLC is still available for that, but go ahead and skip it if it is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
isnt that one of those games where the real ending is in the DLC like Asura's Wrath?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

isnt that one of those games where the real ending is in the DLC like Asura's Wrath?

Sort of. The DLC is an epilogue section to the story and simultaneously must resolve the cliffhanger ending the game left you on enough to create narrative space for the DLC but then must immediately go to a new, different cliffhanger to keep you intrigued for the sequel that never existed. Since the second cliffhanger in the DLC gets little setup or time to breath it ends up making the narrative pacing of the game feel a bit wonky.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Also coming up for me this year: Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 3, the Tales of Symphonia sequel and Dokapon Kingdom :yeshaha:

2009 is also the year of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

bone emulator posted:

2009 is also the year of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

great game

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Wish more games had an option to make the Quake III Arena honk/chirp hit sound when I land damage. I heard something very similar in Sonic Frontiers when landing a cyloop a few times but it hasn't happened since the Monster Hunter DLC patch.

Rarity posted:

I'm getting back into Pikmin and it owns. Getting the platinum times in Pikmin 3 DX and loving a Pikmin 2 randomizer, all of which are really fun.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Is there a megathread for those party games? Not just the jackboxes but the weird browser ones like Gartic Phone and the Codenames browser version. My parents adored playing Codenames with my partner and I and I'm looking for similar games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Nintendo Switch sux. Obviously the joysticks are fragile little babies that cause endless grief, but also the R button on my right joycon has stopped working.
Not a skill issue because my PC controller is older and is still rocking hard

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I Switched it off when I got my steam deck

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the steam deck 2 is gonna own I bet

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The new Theatrhythm comes out next month and I'm super excited for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1613920392648826886

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I forgot about this account

https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1610457768053325831

lmao

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What a blast from the past, one of my fave GB games. I tricked out Wario's castle

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Please don't post this, I've already spent way too much on my MiSter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bone emulator posted:

Please don't post this, I've already spent way too much on my MiSter

Get a Pocket, it's really god drat cool. Besides just supporting GB/GBC/GBA games with hardware emulation, so it's near perfect, it also supports Genesis, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, NES, Atari, NeoGeo Pocket, Intellivision, and some other stuff. And the screen on it is crazy beautiful looking.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2. 2/7 heroes down and relatively sure I'm on my way to taking down a 3rd hero, and maybe a 4th depending on how the scenarios and events go. This is such a neat little game. It feels so much like those Final Fantasy randomizers where they start you off with an airship and you're just seeing how far you can explore while getting involved in various events to unlock more of the world. It'll be fun seeing videogames stream it when he reaches the "a bunch of SaGa games" part of his backlog.

I really, really like RS2, partially because the generation mechanic lets you really experiment with your party with wild abandon. Don't like several characters from your current party? You're just one major story event (or party wipe) away from being able to build a completely new one from scratch!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The objectively best Wario game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Macaluso posted:

The objectively best Wario game

probably the best gameboy game lets be honest

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

great choice, tbh i like it more than the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

I really, really like RS2, partially because the generation mechanic lets you really experiment with your party with wild abandon. Don't like several characters from your current party? You're just one major story event (or party wipe) away from being able to build a completely new one from scratch!

I like how there's all this official art of the 7 heroes but then you only ever see their in-game forms which tend to be so far removed from their original looks that I wouldn't have thought they were the same things.

Also I found out they're all named after Japanese train stations.

Also also I am still not sure what the reasoning is behind some enemies being animated and some not. It makes sense that the 7 heroes are animated to further distinguish them from other enemies and bosses but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for which other enemies get to be animated or not.