Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stevie Lee posted:

the Chromecast/google tv app is just as bad. either starts at the beginning of the game with no way to skip to live other than fastforwarding for two minutes straight, or if you wanted to start from the beginning it's smart enough to do the opposite and spoil the game for you by jumping into the live game

the roku version of the app would just stop working randomly, i bought an apple tv last year and if i accidentally touch the remote while watching a game the app freezes for a couple of minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I know it was against a bottom tier team on the road but good win today 76ers fans. Seems like your bench and Harrell stepped up in a big way. I hope Doc utilizes the team's depth more

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://streamable.com/t1kgno

lmao the refs are so bad. how are they this incompetent all the time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the warriors have lost their last two games and also gone up in the standings because all the other teams around them have lost 3 games in the same timespan. lol.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

they have been so bad this year, and they are like way more zealous about it too

morant's ejection for riffing with a fan was insane

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

what the hell

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the power of nick nurse

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

the warriors have lost their last two games and also gone up in the standings because all the other teams around them have lost 3 games in the same timespan. lol.

Lakers in solid position :bahgawd:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol at the bulls and celtics trading missed layups

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lebron the coward sitting out against Jokic the true GOAT

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Lebron the coward sitting out against Jokic the true GOAT

shameful, as usual from him

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Might watch high rent Jokic/Morant (Sabonis/Fox) play against high rent future Lebron/Dirk (Banchero/Wagner) in an hour. Magic are fun

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Magic 4-20 from 3 :420:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

embiid got his hair done

have not seen him change his hair in forever

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

checked in on the game. 36 points in 23 minutes. lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Miami Heat went 40-40 in free throws today, a new record in a 1 point win. They made 13 fewer baskets and shot 39%

Jimmy Buckets was 23-23 and had 3 blocks and 4 steals

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Miami Heat went 40-40 in free throws today, a new record in a 1 point win. They made 13 fewer baskets and shot 39%

Jimmy Buckets was 23-23

nice. i love free trhows

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

checked in on the game. 36 points in 23 minutes. lmao

Detroit was slightly overmatched

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

good game

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jalen Brunson is drat good. He deserves an apology from all the people who doubted him. Knicks got him at a discount

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Beam Team ahead of the Clippers, Mavs, Suns, and Warriors with the 4th seed. 2 games behind the Pelicans now. Unbelievable

Memphis and Denver likely to run away with the top two seeds at this point

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

go off, kings

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I just looked at their March/April schedule and it looks loving brutal so I'm preemptively trying to lower my expectations :pray:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/1613627077328048155

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe don’t have a corporate sponsor idk

seems like they don’t work well

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

for certain definitions of "work"

but I agree it should be illegal to name a public forum of any sort after a company (unless the company began as that venue I guess)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

for certain definitions of "work"

but I agree it should be illegal to name a public forum of any sort after a company (unless the company began as that venue I guess)

Unless its a weirdly small time company that lends itself to a cool nickname like the Smoothie King Center being The Blender.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It really sucks that Boston Garden is now TD Garden, banks should be especially forbidden from doing that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

loquacius posted:

It really sucks that Boston Garden is now TD Garden, banks should be especially forbidden from doing that

yep, i think the bank execs who arranged this should be executed

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Its actually better than some of the interim names. It used to be the TD Banknorth Garden for a while.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's honestly embarrassing for an American team to play in a venue named for a Canadian city that has their own team. and I don't mean embarrassing for Boston I mean it shames us all equally as a nation

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

sixers were shilling their team brand NFTs during the game yesterday which feels more embarrassing than naming your stadium after bitcoins

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its actually better than some of the interim names. It used to be the TD Banknorth Garden for a while.

I actually had to double-check it's not officially still called that before writing my post lol

indigi posted:

it's honestly embarrassing for an American team to play in a venue named for a Canadian city that has their own team. and I don't mean embarrassing for Boston I mean it shames us all equally as a nation

I actually didn't know that's what the T stands for, and, lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly I'm jealous of cities whose venues are named after completely innocuous brands like Smoothie King or Hard Rock Cafe instead of finance poo poo, that almost sounds whimsical in comparison

TBH Gillette owning the Pats stadium name rights isn't that bad IMO. I get they're like Big Razor personified, but I only beard-trim so I don't have huge opinions on razor brands

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dunkin should just buy TD Garden's name rights IMO

There was a Dunkin Donuts Center, but (a) it's inexplicably in Providence, and (b) those rights were, of course, bought by an insurance company so it's now Amica Mutual Pavilion

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Honestly I'm jealous of cities whose venues are named after completely innocuous brands like Smoothie King or Hard Rock Cafe instead of finance poo poo, that almost sounds whimsical in comparison

TBH Gillette owning the Pats stadium name rights isn't that bad IMO. I get they're like Big Razor personified, but I only beard-trim so I don't have huge opinions on razor brands

I would be totally thrilled in Gillette was nationalized and they just made the baseline Mach 3 at cost forever and all other razor companies were forcibly dissolved.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Dunkin should just buy TD Garden's name rights IMO

There was a Dunkin Donuts Center, but (a) it's inexplicably in Providence, and (b) those rights were, of course, bought by an insurance company so it's now Amica Mutual Pavilion

I went to a Celtics pre-season game at the Dunkin Center (I lived in PVD for 6 years). They don't even have an actual dunkin donuts in the whole building as far as I could tell.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I would be totally thrilled in Gillette was nationalized and they just made the baseline Mach 3 at cost forever and all other razor companies were forcibly dissolved.

:hmmyes: Really every corp with stadium money should be nationalized, especially Smoothie King. This sounds sarcastic but I am being totally sincere, talking about nationalizing everything is one of my posting brands

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I went to a Celtics pre-season game at the Dunkin Center (I lived in PVD for 6 years). They don't even have an actual dunkin donuts in the whole building as far as I could tell.

I mean tbf there aren't many arena events in the morning, but also, if late-night drunk me had easy access to a sausage-egg-and-cheese on english muffin, I would fuckin demolish that poo poo 10 times out of 10, so they'd probably still turn a profit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

20-ounce beer in one hand, lovely hashbrowns in the other hand, live basketball before my eyes, I am a happy man

The Dunks/Harpoon collab beer wasn't the best (Autocrat/Gansett was WAY better) but I'd still drink it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Dunkin Garden has a nice ring to it

:boston: :boomshaka: :wrongcity: