Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Butter soup.

Just a bowl of warm ghee and some croutons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

this guy is always hauling rear end like people forgot their frothing hot (???)

https://i.imgur.com/Q0NwbP6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/yZhxPKb.mp4

Iskender kebab is one of my favroite Turkish foods, it is very delicious :allears:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I need some freaking doner/iskander kebab right now!!! fuuuuck!!!

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Ramen and the hot dog crusted water

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Iskender kebab is one of my favroite Turkish foods, it is very delicious :allears:

What is he pouring and why does it have a shelf life of 10 seconds?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like the one guy running behind him who's like "oh gently caress, I let him get away with it again"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

steinrokkan posted:

I like the one guy running behind him who's like "oh gently caress, I let him get away with it again"

In the first one sure, the 2nd one he's already off screen that's 2 separate events. Well someone else is off screen the grabs the tongs you can still see him doing the run.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hurriedly rushing out to ladle the frothing pisscum onto the shaved meat

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TontoCorazon posted:

What is he pouring and why does it have a shelf life of 10 seconds?

With Iskender you have bread on the bottom, then meat with tomato sauce, and you pour hot molten butter on top of it and it gets soaked up by the bread and it gets all delicious.
I guess his thing is making the butter fancy and frothy like some kind of foam? I don't know if that actually does anything for the actual eating experience, I've never had it like that.

"A 46-year-old old style ramen stall"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqgkWcHifc

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 13, 2023

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
A quick google says this:

quote:

İskender kebap is a Turkish dish that consists of sliced döner kebab meat topped with hot tomato sauce over pieces of pita bread (sometimes croutons) and generously slathered with melted special sheep's milk butter and yogurt. It can be prepared from thinly and carefully cut grilled lamb or chicken. Tomato sauce and melted butter are generally poured over the dish live at the table, for the customer's amusement.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Sorry but that's too much butter :btroll:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ekuNNN posted:

With Iskender you have bread on the bottom, then meat with tomato sauce, and you pour hot molten butter on top of it and it gets soaked up by the bread and it gets all delicious.
I guess his thing is making the butter fancy and frothy like some kind of foam? I don't know if that actually does anything for the actual eating experience, I've never had it like that.

"A 46-year-old old style ramen stall"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqgkWcHifc

hell yes Hanshin Tigers represent.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

I agree, maybe a little bit is ok but even my american rear end can't handle the giant ladle's worth drowning the whole dish

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Futanari Damacy posted:

It gets absorbed by the bread, it's very good :3:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'd like to be at the table when someone else orders it. I'll just have shish kebab (not sure if the bastardised version I've eaten is anywhere close to the real thing, or if it's like a Chinese American vs actual food in China type thing)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ekuNNN posted:

It gets absorbed by the bread, it's very good :3:

It's gross

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Nothing should be absorbed by bread, bread should retain its dryness and integrity up to and including the point of consumption :colbert:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A pad of butter spread on bread is good, a piece of bread dunked in melted butter is just gross

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You need to fry it after the dunking.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ill eat the flaming hot butter soaked bread and meat, no problem

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

You need to fry it after the dunking.

Throw some egg on it then too.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You can just let it cool and then all of that butter would harden again and recrystalize so you can eat food that feels like it's encased in wax.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I had Red Lobster recently and dunked the biscuit in the garlic shrimp butter, but you're supposed to do that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

Throw some egg on it then too.

That would be just too much cholesterol.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Nothing should be absorbed by bread, bread should retain its dryness and integrity up to and including the point of consumption :colbert:

Have you never had a bread bowl? A breadbowl of chowder is one of the best things you can eat. Not street food but it's bread absorbing things food.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Let's solve this once and for all
https://i.imgur.com/SF5U4TQ.mp4

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

pixaal posted:

Have you never had a bread bowl? A breadbowl of chowder is one of the best things you can eat. Not street food but it's bread absorbing things food.

Except a chowder is on the more solid end of the soup spectrum, a cream soup overall is not going to soak in as immediately as a broth-based soup would. In any case a bread bowl is only possible because of the exterior crust; that's the point of hollowing it out, otherwise why not just let the soup soak into the whole interior? The answer is because it would be mushy and gross, as the bread in this other dish would seem to be.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
e: ^^^ Split pea soup is secretly the best bread bowl

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm imagining 20 frantic kitchen staff trying to work while this dude dances around in the background and it's like a culinary Mighty Mighty Bosstones concert.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I find myself muttering "shdibbidy dib" throughout the day. Thankfully no one had heard me say this yet because I don't feel like explaining why

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When is Epic gonna put him in Fortnite?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I said "yes yes yes shibbidy dib" to someone yesterday. It was pretty bad.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't think of a worse fate than being known as the really fat guy for one's 15 minutes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
in some of his videos he's surrounded by hot babes dude i think he's living a fuller life than you could dream of

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

he's definitely full

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I tried rolling my belly like that and let me tell you his abs are really working there

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I find myself muttering "shdibbidy dib" throughout the day. Thankfully no one had heard me say this yet because I don't feel like explaining why

loving same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ill eat the flaming hot butter soaked bread and meat, no problem

It sounds great, but that feels like way too much gotdang butter. Maybe a decent, non rushed, amount would be good