Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Fezz posted:

Mom probably gave the cat away in the first place.

Oh gently caress. Yeah, that’s it. Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Batterypowered7 posted:

I want The Flash to punch this dude in the balls at hyper speed like he's training with one of those things boxers use.

I think you’ll like this — it’s called a speed bag.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ups_rail posted:

you sir are a man after my own heart

How many whats new pussy cats did you que up

I tried to put this three times in a row but the machine is dumb and wouldn't let me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_WQdgnEtmA

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

[David Attenborough voice]Here, in this modern open office, we can see something rare: the mating call of the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl. It is spring, and hormones are cursing through this lady's veins, heart, and brain. She has brought something with her, and this is what she will use to try to attract a mate on this very office floor. It's got four nylon strings and a maple body...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

hormones are cursing

Many such cases.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Enemabag Jones posted:

My last job also had an open office and a ukulele woman, and also, for some godforsaken reason, karaoke on Fridays. Karaoke in a job where a good 90% of people in the building were making long calls to clients who were invariably confused and annoyed by the loud, offkey version of I Want It That Way absolutely dominating the sound level.

What I'm saying is other ukulele person should also try to get a work from home job, easy peasy.

I never thought I would be grateful for only having a colleague who spends her entire work day chatting with coworkers over the phone in a really loud voice you can hear through the entire open floor, but apparently it could be way worse.

Still, whoever invented these open floor offices deserves a special open floor place in hell.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

mind the walrus posted:

As someone who works with autistic people-- stealing a cat and claiming it as an ESA is so low it makes me hope they have to work in the "Airhorn and Mean Girl" factory for the rest of their loving lives.

How does the ESA system actually work in America? Because the internet portrays it pretty much as stick a jacket on any animal and you're done, but its the internet so I am sure its exaggerated. But I do see an awful lot of pictures of people with things like squirrels and other random exotic pets being labled 'ESAs'.

What types of animals can actually be an ESA, do they need training and what sort of conditions qualify getting one?

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 13, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Emotional Support Animal has literally no official status I'm pretty sure, it's more or less just some mostly made up lingo people use to try and get away with poo poo.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I tried to put this three times in a row but the machine is dumb and wouldn't let me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_WQdgnEtmA

Bookmarking this for the next time I need to annoy my Finnish colleagues.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The 'ask culture vs guess culture' poo poo came up a while back, and the latter really is nothing but the result of generational abuse and the special hell of small town Mean Girls politics. At least when you have an ounce of leverage it's pretty easy to just bulldoze over them because they have no idea how to deal with a firm answer.

this.

when i moved to this tiny town one of the things i heard the most was "well thats not how things are done around here" when i started responding with " good thing im not from around here" that poo poo stopped pretty drat quick.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

How does the ESA system actually work in America? Because the internet portrays it pretty much as stick a jacket on any animal and you're done, but its the internet so I am sure its exaggerated. But I do see an awful lot of pictures of people with things like squirrels and other random exotic pets being labled 'ESAs'.

What types of animals can actually be an ESA, do they need training and what sort of conditions qualify getting one?

ESAs are one of those well-intentioned grey zones where everyone who uses is as-intended understands that they should not be loving around on it so you really won't see anything about them, and everyone who fucks around on it underestimates how obvious it is that they're loving around on it and how loathsome it makes them so they form the overwhelming bulk of representation for the policy on the internet.

And yeah like it or not there are loads of people who try to claim it to get away with whatever the gently caress they want.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A guy down the pub has started playing acoustic guitar on evenings so I always carry 20€ with me in 2€ coins when I go there, so I can put 30 songs on the jukebox whenever he starts.

Are you sure this guy doesn't own the jukebox? Like that coffin maker who was trying to kill cholera patients.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mx. posted:

WIBTA if I refuse to give back my ‘neighbors’ cat?

Rehome the mother

r/relationships: and plus they named him FooFoo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mega Comrade posted:

When a government employee has violated a child and therefore cries all the time in public, after receiving the surgery to have their tear ducts removed, they can get a trained defense animal that is labeled as an ESA and not a seeing eye dog as to not disclose the nature of their blindness, but also to violently attack anyone who might protest a government employed child molester doing work on the beat. Same old “sob sob sob” the child rapist is the loving victim routine etc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 13, 2023

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Cloacamazing! posted:

I never thought I would be grateful for only having a colleague who spends her entire work day chatting with coworkers over the phone in a really loud voice you can hear through the entire open floor, but apparently it could be way worse.

Still, whoever invented these open floor offices deserves a special open floor place in hell.

My last office job got a new building with a five storey open atrium, just to really drive home the atmosphere. Not only could you hear everybody on the entire floor, but also the two floors above and below you with an added fetching reverb effect. Then people kept complaining about the call centre staff talking on the phones all the time...

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When I went into offices, the main office was on a super busy street in Stockholm and all the street performers to come along with it.

A poorly ventilated office in 30°C weather with the endless drone of accordions, interspersed with screaming street preachers, is a very distinct place and period for me.

E: Swedish, but gently caress, I miss seeing his stuff around: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernesto_Guerra

I hated going into the office, but consarnit I do miss aspects

teen witch fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 13, 2023

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

teen witch posted:

My(31f) BF(31m) was looking at foreplay instructions in front of me before we had sex.

Is this woman dating Tim Pool?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

teen witch posted:

E: Swedish, but gently caress, I miss seeing his stuff around: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernesto_Guerra

Is Ernesto Guerra not putting up his stuff around town anymore? I'll have to keep a lookout.

Renate Bauer is still putting up her writings and art on billboards around Stockholm. She's been at it since at least the early 90s.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

In terms of federal law under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ESA's don't exist. No such thing. Some cities might accept them, but there's no federal law on it.

Legally recognized Service Animals do exist, are protected under disability law, and are legally allowed to enter public buildings even where animals would normally be barred, but there's a few specific requirements here:
-The animal must be a dog. In rare cases, a miniature horse might also qualify. But that's it - no other animal counts as a service animal, no matter how smart you think your cat or snake or rat or squirrel is.
-The animal must have been specifically trained to provide assistance by an actual trainer.
-The animal must be able to perform tasks - not vague "support" but physical actions like pushing an elevator button or guiding your steps or etc.

Of course, in practical terms, whether or not it's an issue mostly depends on the situation. If it's an airport with TSA? They'll tell you no, you can't take your emotional support squirrel through security, if you want to argue with us we'll arrest your rear end right here. If it's a random store? The clerk probably decides it's easier to "not notice" rather than say something and deal with you flipping your poo poo and maybe a spineless manager/corporate spouting "customer is always right" bullshit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for cancelling the surprise marriage proposal at my house when my daughter's boyfriend told me to make sure my son didn't act "too gay" at the event?

quote:

My daughter “Jaelinn” and her boyfriend ”James” (both 25) have been dating for two years, and he's been living with my family for one. All this time, our families have come to know each other through word of mouth only. Despite living only a few miles away, we've never met in person

I don't ”dislike” James, but neither am I a fan. He's okay most of the time, but sometimes he treats Jaelinn poorly. He's short-tempered with her, he orders her around too much, and he often speaks to her in a condescending tone. Perhaps equally disturbing, his attitudes toward just about everything are radically right-wing

He's not a "bad" person per se; he just has an unpleasant disposition imo (most of the time) and is my polar opposite. Jaelinn is nothing like him, either. I guess it's true that opposites attract

Through all this, my biggest problem with him is his attitude toward my son “Devon,” who's bisexual. James never has said anything overtly hateful, but his phobias are obvious (rolling his eyes or snickering under his breath when he thinks no one's looking). He says he isn't against the lifestyle, but he doesn't believe in it. When I asked him why, he said, “It's hard to explain”

My daughter, for better or worse, is highly suggestible. She's also a very easygoing individual who defers to him more often than she should

A few weeks ago, James told me he was planning to propose to Jaelinn on Valentine's Day and wanted to invite his family for the event. Naturally, I thought it would be wonderful for everyone to be in attendance, so I agreed.

But the last few weeks have been pure hell. The first remark: “Be sure you don't turn on the television while my parents are here.” Followed by, “Don't serve store-brand chips or soda for snacks.” “Don't correct my parents' grammar.” “Make sure the bathroom is clean”...

It's been one thing after another. I finally said, “Look, you're starting to piss me off. How much of a moron do you think I am? Do you think I've never entertained before?” He laughed it off, saying he was just nervous and that he didn't mean to offend. But he didn't stop

Last night after dinner, he pulled me aside and said, “One more thing. You will make sure Devon doesn't ‘go off the deep end’ in front of my parents? You know... make sure he doesn't act too gay

That was it—the proverbial last straw. I lost my temper, revoked the invitation, and told him to find somewhere else to propose

This threw the whole house into an uproar, and there was no way to avoid Jaelinn finding out about it. She was furious with me. She said James changed his mind about proposing to her altogether and that it was all my fault. She said I “ruined her life”

At first, Devon supported me and so did half our family. Now even Devon says I should have kept my mouth shut and put up with it a little bit longer

AITA for ruining my daughter's surprise proposal?

Update: She's still not speaking to me. I saw them bring some boxes up from the basement, so I think my worst fear is being realized. If she moves out with him, I don't know what I'll do. I won't be able to protect her at all :(

Info: This happens to me all the time, so I should have made it clear: I'm Mom, not Dad. "Dad," and I use that term loosely, is an abusive jerk who abandoned the family 8 years ago

Thank you to everyone for your expressions of sympathy and encouragement. Yes, there's a chunk of YTA votes out there, and I get it. But for those of you voting NTA and offering your well-wishes, it means so much to me. It's still a cluster****, but you've made me feel so much better about the whole mess

best reddit post: Look, I am Black, so that greatly influences my thoughts on bigots and homophobes. If you have nine people and a Nazi at dinner, you have ten Nazis. Trying to cater to racism and homophobes makes you complicit.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
if you think that the bigoted piece of poo poo that you're sheltering is "okay most of the time" that means you're okay with bigotry most of the time. gently caress that guy

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for refusing to attend my brother wedding and recommending him to get a paternity test?

We all gathered at my parents place. He walked in accompanied by his ex girlfriend...........She stormed out of my apartment and my brother followed after her.

Amazing that the OP forgot where this was taking place during the course of writing this story. I wonder why.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for cancelling the surprise marriage proposal at my house when my daughter's boyfriend told me to make sure my son didn't act "too gay" at the event?
I don't ”dislike” James, but neither am I a fan. He's okay most of the time, but sometimes he treats Jaelinn poorly. He's short-tempered with her, he orders her around too much, and he often speaks to her in a condescending tone. Perhaps equally disturbing, his attitudes toward just about everything are radically right-wing

He's not a "bad" person per se; he just has an unpleasant disposition imo (most of the time) and is my polar opposite. Jaelinn is nothing like him, either. I guess it's true that opposites attract

Through all this, my biggest problem with him is his attitude toward my son “Devon,” who's bisexual. James never has said anything overtly hateful, but his phobias are obvious (rolling his eyes or snickering under his breath when he thinks no one's looking). He says he isn't against the lifestyle, but he doesn't believe in it. When I asked him why, he said, “It's hard to explain”
He treats my daughter like crap, yells and condescends to her, radically right wing, unpleasant most of the time and a bigot.

But he's not a "bad person". Huh? :confused:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think that guy's a bad person,!

And by "that guy" I mean the OP. The bigoted lil chud boyfriend gets the vat

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MagusofStars posted:

In terms of federal law under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ESA's don't exist. No such thing. Some cities might accept them, but there's no federal law on it.

Legally recognized Service Animals do exist, are protected under disability law, and are legally allowed to enter public buildings even where animals would normally be barred, but there's a few specific requirements here:
-The animal must be a dog. In rare cases, a miniature horse might also qualify. But that's it - no other animal counts as a service animal, no matter how smart you think your cat or snake or rat or squirrel is.
-The animal must have been specifically trained to provide assistance by an actual trainer.
-The animal must be able to perform tasks - not vague "support" but physical actions like pushing an elevator button or guiding your steps or etc.

Of course, in practical terms, whether or not it's an issue mostly depends on the situation. If it's an airport with TSA? They'll tell you no, you can't take your emotional support squirrel through security, if you want to argue with us we'll arrest your rear end right here. If it's a random store? The clerk probably decides it's easier to "not notice" rather than say something and deal with you flipping your poo poo and maybe a spineless manager/corporate spouting "customer is always right" bullshit.

A lot of people just buy a service animal jacket on Amazon and go hog wild. I work at a airport and for every 20 service dogs I see maybe 1 might be legit.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Ignorant or lazy assholes ruining a good thing for people, yet again.

My wife has a trained service animal and is a dog trainer herself so it drives her up the wall when she sees poorly trained "service dogs."

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
AITA for giving my daughter a car that I previously promised my girlfriend?

quote:

I've been with my girlfriend for three years (we live together) but I also have a 19 year old daughter from a previous marriage. She lives with her mom. A few months ago I ordered a new car and my girlfriend asked me if she could have my current one and she'll just pay me in instalments for it. I told her yes. But a few days ago I was spending the day with my daughter and she kept complaining about issues with her car (which is a pos) and she asked me if she could borrow £1000 to buy another one and I told her no and that instead she should just take my car since my new one is due to arrive in two weeks and in the meantime I'll just rent one.

When I told my girlfriend about it afterwards I knew she'd be mad but I offered to just buy her a different car but she screamed at me and called me selfish and said that I should at least once choose her over my daughter.

AITA?

OP is obviously causing their own problem here, but uh

quote:

I mentioned her [girlfriend] paying me back in instalments for my old car. So nothing changes for her except that she would get a brand new car for the price of my old car. The new car (depending on which one she would choose) might be more expensive than my used one but then I'd just cover the difference.

seems like a pretty sweet deal to me?

More dumbass with too much money than rear end in a top hat, IMO.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

ESAs have one specific legal existence: per the Federal Housing and Development, landlords have to allow them, regardless of pet policy. That is all, and it's widely abused.

https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/assistance_animals

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
it is very important for my psychological well-being that I have an uncontrollable 100 lb dog spraying piss and poo poo all over my 500 sqft studio and barking at neighbors 24/7, if I'm not living in constant fear of what will happen to me when it inevitably gets loose and eats a kid's face then I might have a panic attack

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i like having a cat because it gives me a reason to get out of bed every day even if i want to lay there and just die. gotta feed him and do his litter he's relying on me and it's one thing if i let myself rot into nothing but i can't drag an innocent animal down with me :shobon:

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Artificer posted:

Ignorant or lazy assholes ruining a good thing for people, yet again.

My wife has a trained service animal and is a dog trainer herself so it drives her up the wall when she sees poorly trained "service dogs."

They're neither ignorant nor lazy, they're just selfish. They know exactly what they're doing and they don't care. The fact that you can't try to force a person with a claimed service animal to prove the legitimacy of the animal is what allows them to get away with their poo poo, and they know it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yea at the same time a certification process or a licensing fee is a legitimate concern blocking off service dog access to people who actually need it, but are poor, which is why it doesnt exist.

But you're right. Selfish assholes.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Cowslips Warren posted:

Her dad also being an abusive poo poo breaks my heart for that poor girl. Mom’s an rear end in a top hat for letting that poo poo live with them though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

ESAs have one specific legal existence: per the Federal Housing and Development, landlords have to allow them, regardless of pet policy. That is all, and it's widely abused.

https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/assistance_animals

For a lot of people that's probably the only way they CAN have a pet given hardly any landlords allow them nowadays.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Legitimate service animals can be dogs or miniature horses that are trained to perform a specific task. ADA-covered entities can challenge them by asking two questions. According to ada.gov:

quote:

A. In situations where it is not obvious that the dog is a service animal, staff may ask only two specific questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform? Staff are not allowed to request any documentation for the dog, require that the dog demonstrate its task, or inquire about the nature of the person’s disability.

There is no particular certification for service animals and you can train your own but the bright line is them performing a specific task that assists someone with their disability.

Emotional support animals are not trained and there is no certification. So probably some people get something useful from them but the most visible one are the people who just want to hoard pets in their apartment or bring pissing, making GBS threads chihuahuas into the supermarket.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Emotional Support Animal has literally no official status I'm pretty sure, it's more or less just some mostly made up lingo people use to try and get away with poo poo.

It's basically idiots trying to claim they have a legit service animal without actually doing any of the proper training. Really goddamn annoying, it's like saying "I'm fluent in sign language" then throwing gang signs & making shadow puppets.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

You guise, I think I found a 'give me your home' scenario that kinda makes sense. No wait just hear me out!!

AITA for going no contact with MIL after she refused to sell us her home.

quote:

Customarily, please don’t judge me on the title.

Husband and I have been together for 7 years and have always rented.

4 years ago MIL and Step FIL decided they were ready to downgrade to a smaller home they already owned a few states over. They wanted us to buy the home they are currently in directly from them, bypassing a realtor/mortgage company and make monthly payments directly to them as they are retired and preferred a steady monthly income for the next 12-15 years instead of a lump sum. This was a great deal.

Life went on and the move was continuously postponed until this week.

Very spur of the moment, MIL and Step FIL decided they were moving this month. They had found a house “flipper” who wanted to buy their house for $5,000 more than what we had offered. Instead of sticking to the original plan, they moved forward and told us they sold it after the fact.

Husband and I are devastated. This was his childhood home and while it isn’t in perfect condition, we had imagined living our lives there. It was our one shot at owning a home as obtaining a mortgage here is nearly impossible it seems. We had spent the past 3 years mentally and financially preparing ourselves for this and now it’s all gone.

MIL has since invited us over for dinner and to help them pack. I declined. I’m so angry and disappointed with her that I have no desire to speak to them. Husband thinks I’m being over dramatic and “I need to realize his family has always let him down” and it’s “not a big deal because we didn’t lose or gain anything”.

So, AITA for choosing to go no contact for a while?

Lost his childhood home, his spine, the chance at even owning a home and not setting money on fire for rent, potentially both their future relationship with the MIL because wooboy. You want any grandkids? Well financial stability and a stable household is a dream now, so good luck with that idea!

Like, no, neither of them are owed the house, but to be strung along for three entire years, and ditched for a mere 5k extra? Phew. Boomers are so greedy.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Cowslips Warren posted:

The whole thing is just so sad and I wish she'd kick the guy out

OP posted:

Although she is physically 25 years old, her emotional age is about 16. She's on the spectrum and has some other issues that led the court to declare me her legal guardian. I could legally keep them apart, but what good would that do? It's like a teenager who runs away and you force them back home. That doesn't solve the problem

other commenter posted:

you haven't taught her its not okay.

OP posted:

I have. I've taught her all these behaviors are bad. And when he goes too far, when he crosses the line, I talk to her about it and show her the error in his ways. Sometimes she agrees, but too many times she just shrugs her shoulders in a defeated way, as if there's nothing she can do about it. I think she feels she can't do any better than him (she's on the spectrum) and is afraid of losing him if she doesn't go along with everything he says and does. Sometimes I wonder how far she would go

OP posted:

I've kept her on the depo shot since she became sexually active. No way he would let her get an abortion, though, if it did happen. He's ultra-conservative

OP posted:

You couldn't be more right about the restriction and control. On those times that I let my mind wander and think about what her life will be like once she moves away with him, it makes my blood run cold. I know exactly what she's in for; I've been there. Here's hoping she opens her eyes. Thank you for your kind words

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

There were some other comments by OP that don't exactly paint a better picture...I suspect the chud boyfriend took/is taking advantage of OP's daughter :smith:

OP posted:

I admit to being overprotective and to being a helicopter mom. Lots of things have happened in our family that have contributed to that, but I admit it's mostly my problem. However, you may have missed the part about Jaelinn being on the spectrum and that I am her legal guardian. She's unable to work, and his earnings are mediocre. They cannot afford to live out on their own yet. I am overprotective of both kids, but especially her, out of necessity

OP posted:

Because there is so much more to the story, and because you have hit on some important aspects of the ordeal, I'm going to do my best to address everything

quote:

I'm not sure you're telling us everything

No, I am not. The whole thing is so mixed up and complicated, I would have had to post 17 times to "tell you everything." I had to edit the post several times to stay within the word limit. But that's the only reason I'm not telling you everything—not because I'm trying to hide anything

I'll answer any questions you have, and please believe that I have no reason to lie. I wouldn't have posted here if I didn't want accurate feedback. You can't get accurate feedback unless you're honest

quote:

So, in your opinion when are they going to be able to live on their own? When you're 90?

Honestly, that's probably close to the truth. The house is very very large (6000 square feet including the finished basement, where James has an apartment like area of his own), which leads me to another point you made...

quote:

How about helping them move, finding a better job for him, etc.?

To put it as plainly as I can, this simply is not possible. There is no way they could afford doing on their own, and he wouldn't listen to me for half a second about improving himself.

As a comparison, look at Devon. He works a full-time job, he's in college full-time, and he runs his own side business. James works ONE full-time job where he puts in no more than 35 hours a week (usually around 30). Despite my coaching and suggestion, he refuses consider bettering himself or maybe even getting a second job. He said it's "against his principals"

quote:

it looks (at least to me) that you've been hoping that your daughter and James will break-up eventually

I defer to you on this point. That is 100% the truth. It's something I pray for every day of the week

That whole situation is completely hosed up, I want Predator to rip out what's left of her spine & beat some sense into her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

metachronos posted:

Is this woman dating Tim Pool?
She's 31, not 13