Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's here, it owns

*sweating profusely, wringing hands* show me the ending of the words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

kazr posted:

*sweating profusely, wringing hands* show me the ending of the words

same

I realized like 2/3 of all my book junk is basically gone (including the books i had on bookbinding) so i had to go back to CattleAbduction's channel to re remember how to sew the sigs and stuff like that.

all my irl alchemy crap is mostly busted and i didn't have any no-acid glue so i had to use frankincense resin instead of normal glue like a normal person

also i had to use weights instead of a press and overall it turned out lovely but good enough

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Did a new install with the Morrowind++ modlist, did the requisite cleaning, merge, sorting, plus all the Wrye Mash stuff, still getting the below warnings on startup:
code:
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_ChitinTomahawkFire' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'CS_MTG' in Leveled Item 'GVRM_MorTng2_Grvs'.
Unable to locate object 'CS_MTB' in Leveled Item 'GVRM_MorTng2_Boots'.
Unable to find script 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_Script_12' on object 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_GHT_Gura2'.
Unable to find script 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_Script_11' on object 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_GHT_Gurad'.
No clue what mod (WARES? Either of the, like, three weapon collections it has you install?) may be looking for those tomahawks, but installing the one tomahawk mod I found on Nexus (sans the esps) didn't work. As for the other errors... I have a mod that replaces the Morag Tong armor but I don't know what exactly the game is looking for there. Ditto with the Tamriel Rebuilt scripts.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 24, 2022

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Did a new install with the Morrowind++ modlist, did the requisite cleaning, merge, sorting, plus all the Wrye Mash stuff, still getting the below warnings on startup:
code:
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_ChitinTomahawkFire' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_IronTomahawkVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SilverTomahawkCruVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkFla' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkSha' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkSpa' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'AB_w_SteelTomahawkVip' in Leveled Item 'random_loot_special_marksman'.
Unable to locate object 'CS_MTG' in Leveled Item 'GVRM_MorTng2_Grvs'.
Unable to locate object 'CS_MTB' in Leveled Item 'GVRM_MorTng2_Boots'.
Unable to find script 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_Script_12' on object 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_GHT_Gura2'.
Unable to find script 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_Script_11' on object 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_GHT_Gurad'.
No clue what mod (WARES? Either of the, like, three weapon collections it has you install?) may be looking for those tomahawks, but installing the one tomahawk mod I found on Nexus (sans the esps) didn't work. As for the other errors... I have a mod that replaces the Morag Tong armor but I don't know what exactly the game is looking for there. Ditto with the Tamriel Rebuilt scripts.
tr just updated so any mods modifying stuff erroring out is kind of expected
edit: wares was updated yesterday so it isnt that

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Merry crimbo

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

mbt posted:

tr just updated so any mods modifying stuff erroring out is kind of expected
edit: wares was updated yesterday so it isnt that

I did grab 22.11 for this install, the only issue I've had of it so far is seeing that "depreciated assets" box pop up on a bookshelf in the Library of Vivec mod.

Oh hey, MGE just updated with quest-related statics auto-updating but this is the real improvement imo

code:
- Fixed (again) splash screens showing a thin line of background color pixels on the top edge.
:neckbeard:

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

The culmination of all human endeavor has finally come to pass.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

tump tump tump tump tump tump

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This post and mod literally got me to reinstall and play Morrowind again. It's funny you still pet them if you kill and loot them.

I got almost all the mods on this list and tweaked the settings somewhat to my liking.
https://github.com/Sigourn/morrowindsharp

The following list is a pretty vanilla experience. It's mostly QOL stuff and improved gameplay mechanics and graphics. I also got Tamriel Rebuilt and the three big Telvanni mods. I also got Ashfall and like it more than I expected. Any other mods that are recommended? I especially like immersive and role playing mods.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Does anyone happen to know if NPCs have attributes? I have a mod that changes pickpocketing to compare your security skill with their security skill + item weight, and I was thinking of adding agility into the mix but I can't find any good info about NPC attributes to make sure it doesn't make pickpocketing too easy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Does anyone happen to know if NPCs have attributes? I have a mod that changes pickpocketing to compare your security skill with their security skill + item weight, and I was thinking of adding agility into the mix but I can't find any good info about NPC attributes to make sure it doesn't make pickpocketing too easy.

They definitely do, you can see them in the NPC window if you open an NPC up in the construction set

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah if I remember right NPCs have the full suite of attributes while Creatures (like adorable scribs) have just Health, Stamina, and Magicka.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They definitely do, you can see them in the NPC window if you open an NPC up in the construction set

Thanks! I guess I'll install the construction set rather than just editing the LUA scripts with guesswork haha

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a7m2 posted:

lol hey that's probably my mod! you can add opposed agility to it, it wouldn't be too difficult. from what i've seen in the npc stats, they have generally very low numbers in anything that isn't their specialty. mages will have security of like 5 and agility of like 10. be careful when tuning that you don't double down on that discrepency! you could multiply both by a 0.5 scalar and add them or something, or swap to agility only, see what works best.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

mbt posted:

lol hey that's probably my mod! you can add opposed agility to it, it wouldn't be too difficult. from what i've seen in the npc stats, they have generally very low numbers in anything that isn't their specialty. mages will have security of like 5 and agility of like 10. be careful when tuning that you don't double down on that discrepency! you could multiply both by a 0.5 scalar and add them or something, or swap to agility only, see what works best.

Is it Pickpocket by mort on Nexus? If so, then would this work?

local securitySkill = tes3.mobilePlayer.security.current + tes3.mobilePlayer.agility.current
local opponentSecuritySkill = currentTarget.mobile.security.current + currentTarget.mobile.agility.current

Since it just compares the two to each other (plus adds modifiers such as weight to the latter)

If this isn't your mod, could you link yours? Love to use goon made mods.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Is it Pickpocket by mort on Nexus? If so, then would this work?

local securitySkill = tes3.mobilePlayer.security.current + tes3.mobilePlayer.agility.current
local opponentSecuritySkill = currentTarget.mobile.security.current + currentTarget.mobile.agility.current

Since it just compares the two to each other (plus adds modifiers such as weight to the latter)

If this isn't your mod, could you link yours? Love to use goon made mods.

yeah thats mine. that would work, but again be careful because most npcs have bad agility so you're making it a lot easier lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just purged my old install, time to start over. I'm gonna install TR, what else should I try that's new and different? I had the chocolate pack installed last time.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

mbt posted:

yeah thats mine. that would work, but again be careful because most npcs have bad agility so you're making it a lot easier lol

Hmm I'll check out some NPC's agility to get a baseline. Maybe I'll half or even quarter it.

Cool mod by the way!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Hmm I'll check out some NPC's agility to get a baseline. Maybe I'll half or even quarter it.

Cool mod by the way!

that sounds good. also thanks! I made it in an afternoon when I realized my quickloot mod can treat npcs as containers. walking treasure chests with bonus stats.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

that sounds good. also thanks! I made it in an afternoon when I realized my quickloot mod can treat npcs as containers. walking treasure chests with bonus stats.

the Reverse Luggage

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

a7m2 posted:

It might even depend on the class the NPC is. You can find the NPC class info and probably the levels/class of all NPCs on uesp so you can give yourself an idea of the baseline you're working with.

fake edit: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:People

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I just downloaded OpenMW and was looking at some of the mod packages on Open MW modding, any recommendations on a good list to run through? I have not played it in 20 years so I'm ok without a 'pure' experience.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

Script variable "rent" not found for dialogue type
Topic
Info "EMPTY"
while loading TR - Data

quote:

Unable to find script 'NOM_well_beer' on object 'NOM_kegstand_beer_de'
and a few others
What's the process here - identify which mod/esm/whatev is causing this particular issue and replace the files?

Please be gentle, I'm new to all this.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I just downloaded OpenMW and was looking at some of the mod packages on Open MW modding, any recommendations on a good list to run through? I have not played it in 20 years so I'm ok without a 'pure' experience.

Just play the game. I'm doing an unmodded vanilla run with OMW rn and I'm having a blast. Just having a smooth framerate does wonders for making the game feel good to play

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

It takes several hours (as in, it took me multiple nights after work), but the vanilla expanded list with a few mods here and there from the total overhaul list got me a pretty sweet setup.

Watch out that you avoid anything for normal mapping if you aren't doing the entire total overhaul list, it caused a bunch of issues for me that took a while to sort out.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there is one required mod: tamriel rebuilt

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

while loading TR - Data

and a few others
What's the process here - identify which mod/esm/whatev is causing this particular issue and replace the files?

Please be gentle, I'm new to all this.

necessities of morrowind, either a patch or the mod. don't use it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

patch for purists
expansion delay
speed and stamina tweaked
some kind of magicka regen mod

optional
tamriel rebuilt
graphical herbalism
weapon sheathing

end of list

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mbt posted:

necessities of morrowind, either a patch or the mod. don't use it

i can't even find that on my install :shrug: guessing it's part of one of the modpacks i installed or something is trying to reference it

time to start digging i guess

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i can't even find that on my install :shrug: guessing it's part of one of the modpacks i installed or something is trying to reference it

time to start digging i guess

I'm guessing then you have a Necessities of Morrowind compatibility patch without having NoM itself installed. Hence why it can't find the scripts, they don't exist.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah. i just went to old ebonheart for the first time and it couldn't find a whole pile of textures and meshes so i'm guessing something went wrong with my install of TR

sigh

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

yeah. i just went to old ebonheart for the first time and it couldn't find a whole pile of textures and meshes so i'm guessing something went wrong with my install of TR

sigh

register your bsas

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mbt posted:

register your bsas

Great success!!

Mod Organizer 2 is a tricky sumbitch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mmmm..... crashing to desktop when catching the boat to tel mora

any ideas?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Mistress dratha is just too loving old

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Fly.
Or jump.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I'm going to say it's a missing mesh, texture or animation - look through all log files you can find, you might be able to figure out what you are missing.

Generally morrowind crashes fall into one of 5 categories, from most to least common - missing resources (as above), broken scripts (will also generally leave a log), broken or corrupt savefile references (usually when replacing mods mid-playthrough or sometimes because of heavy mod scripts failing to save state properly - can be fixed with mash or similar), out-of-memory issues (only if using hundreds of mods, easy to diagnose as it will stop occurring for a while if a few mods are removed, regardless of which ones) and finally runtime crashes (mostly related to saving or script-heavy mods doing weird things).

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

mbt posted:

patch for purists
expansion delay
speed and stamina tweaked
some kind of magicka regen mod

optional
tamriel rebuilt
graphical herbalism
weapon sheathing

end of list

Just as a follow-up, I ended up installing the 'I heart Vanilla Director's Cut' from the OpenMW modding site and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I think the only extra things I'll add are one of the 'boots for beast races' mods to make my argonian not suck so much and a carefree leveling mod with retroactive HP from endurance mod because I've never really cared for the min maxy way of elder scrolls leveling but I'm unable to purge the knowledge of it from my brain so it bothers me. Also probably one of the regen mods like you mentioned to avoid having to rest a lot.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Somebody made a mod to give Dagoth Ur full voice acting using AI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ_L3SFsc3E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I've seen a lot of Dagoth Ur shitposts the last few days, but for some reason I never considered just completing the voice lines.

Wonder if that'd work for the rest of the game's lines.