Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

explosivo posted:

It does but you have to unlock it by going to a particular planet and meeting a particular person.

Specific spoilers:
Gabbro on Giant's Deep gives it to you

Alternatively be a true boss and fly your rear end into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

StrixNebulosa posted:

My brother bought me Starcraft 2 for Christmas and I'm really enjoying co-op with him. I would like to play co-op with more people, but I generally don't do voice chat. Where could I go to post to see if anyone wants to play with me? I'm still testing all the commanders and leveling them up.
Isn't that the "friends" thread at the top of the board?

(People bring this up periodically and I mourn the co-op board on the goon discord, which died a quiet death without a single post after I suggested it)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Division 1 is just white and snow, but very few games do white and snow, which is what makes it look novel.

The video you linked is technically impressive but aesthetically boring. There's not a single frame there that isn't brown or grey.

While I'm not going to disagree that despite the city in Division 1 being far simpler and boxy the snow added a layer of atmosphere (which was only enhanced in the Survival mode) which made everything pop I think taking screenshots of a video literally titled "volumetric fog" and then complaining when lots of fog turns things grey is a bit silly, that's what fog does. Or taking a screenshot of a office building courtyard overgrown with ivory and bathed in sunlight with wisps of fog hanging in the air or an abandoned hotel swimming pool at night surrounded by palm trees and going "Ugh that's so grey."

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Xander77 posted:

Isn't that the "friends" thread at the top of the board?

(People bring this up periodically and I mourn the co-op board on the goon discord, which died a quiet death without a single post after I suggested it)

Oh yeah! I peeked at it and decided to ask in here instead.

Thank you!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

whatever happened to Derek Smart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tithin posted:

I never read the threads but weren't they heavily involved in threads pointing out what a scam Star Citizen is?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

tithin posted:

I remember looking him up once and thinking he must an extremely irritating person to interact with since he was arguing with the founder of Stardock over what the "actual" founding date of Stardock was, up to and including asking the founder of Stardock if he was willing to sign a legal document stating the founding date of Stardock that disagreed with Derek's own date.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tithin posted:

after he became a SA mod he wouldn't stop trying to doxx Star Citizen supporters

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I remember looking him up once and thinking he must an extremely irritating person to interact with since he was arguing with the founder of Stardock over what the "actual" founding date of Stardock was, up to and including asking the founder of Stardock if he was willing to sign a legal document stating the founding date of Stardock that disagreed with Derek's own date.

wasn't threatening legal action over every petty disagreement pretty much his whole gimmick for decades?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

wasn't threatening legal action over every petty disagreement pretty much his whole gimmick for decades?
more or less. i wonder if he ever actually took those actions (probably not)

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

from what I could parse it wasn't so much I would sue you but more of a "ARE YOU WILLING TO STATE IN FRONT OF A JUDGE THAT I AM WRONG ABOUT THIS?"

I might be autistic or something but there's an odd contingent of people out there that think if someone "official" stamps something on something it carries more weight. A lot of these people tend to be very weird and sue over facebook arguments. These tend to be the kind of retards that pay Mensa 50 dollars a year for a piece of paper that says you're in the "smarter than everyone else" club.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Can someone help me with Astlibra? Specifically, the volcano area boss. Is there a trick to the boss or is it really a "Only possession skills can reach the weak point" or is there maybe a skill I missed somewhere in this level that could help?

Also, if there's a thread I'd appreciate being pointed that way instead. :)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Artelier posted:

Can someone help me with Astlibra? Specifically, the volcano area boss. Is there a trick to the boss or is it really a "Only possession skills can reach the weak point" or is there maybe a skill I missed somewhere in this level that could help?

Which boss? I don't remember having trouble with either of them, though the second one has a shitload of health.

If you're having trouble, make sure you're both spending your grains in the GROW map, and are using all your scale pans. It makes a big difference!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Stardock was really solid about forwarding steam credit for their games when the got on the platform.

Sins of a solar empire is a really solid rts if you do not mind it taking goddamn forever

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

Yes, you need to hit its eye for its first phase. Wind tiger is the talent they assume you have. You can use a few others like the earth one that attacks straight up, or a weapon with very long reach, but they are much much harder.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If i know nothing of One Piece, is One Piece Odyssey a good game?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ninjoatse.cx posted:

No.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Begemot posted:

Which boss? I don't remember having trouble with either of them, though the second one has a shitload of health.

If you're having trouble, make sure you're both spending your grains in the GROW map, and are using all your scale pans. It makes a big difference!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yes, you need to hit its eye for its first phase. Wind tiger is the talent they assume you have. You can use a few others like the earth one that attacks straight up, or a weapon with very long reach, but they are much much harder.

Thanks everyone! Beat it before checking back in this thread by *sigh* being patient and taking like 15-20 minutes doing a slow, turtling, Wind Tiger strat.

But I do have another question now. Does Astlibra have multiple endings/paths or are the choices fluff? Because I am in the next chapter and Astraea is asking me to make a deal with her.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Artelier posted:

Thanks everyone! Beat it before checking back in this thread by *sigh* being patient and taking like 15-20 minutes doing a slow, turtling, Wind Tiger strat.

But I do have another question now. Does Astlibra have multiple endings/paths or are the choices fluff? Because I am in the next chapter and Astraea is asking me to make a deal with her.

Ehh, not really. There are a couple points where you can give the wrong answer on dialogue and get an alternate ending, but it's always obvious that it's not the TRUE ending.

And thankfully it's never after a boss fight.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

absolutely not, game 100% assumes you know the characters and plot already from minute zero plus a major part of the game is "What If?" scenarios of manga arcs where the story changes will mean nothing to you if you're not familiar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

As others have said, probably not. You can unlock things that give recaps of the storylines that the game is pulling from, but that just informs you and doesn't have the full weight of having read the comics themselves. As a game simply in its own right, it has issues - combat is fairly shallow, areas you explore are probably a little too big but empty - but if you are a big fan of the series then it has absolutely nailed the "feel" of the comic and has all the same charm and excitement that produces. It will just probably fall a little flat for anybody without that familiarity.

For me? I'm like a pig in poo poo, I loving love the game.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Just had a run-in with one of those "can you help out my tf2 team, there's a $19k prize pool" accounts. I thought that fell out of vogue a while ago.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pentyne posted:

after he became a SA mod he wouldn't stop trying to doxx Star Citizen supporters

He was also doing that beforehand, if memory serves.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone played Batora: Lost Haven? I kind of totally forgot it came out in October but it looked interesting as "Diablo with branching narrative choices" seems right up my alley.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

It has multiple endings in the sense that if you choose the wrong answer, the game ends, but you can reload the last save and keep going to get the TRUE ending. There are decisions that change the story slightly, but it straightens itself our eventually.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the One Piece advice. I’ll give it a pass.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Free game and a bunch of free DLCs

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

quote:

Today we have to make a sad announcement: We were unable to renew the license for Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle with the licensors and have been required to wind down all future sales of the game later this month.

We have been assured by all platforms that players who have already downloaded / purchased the game and made in-app purchases within the game will continue to have access to the content they paid for in perpetuity. (So please grab it while you can!!!) The game will be coming down from the storefronts across all platforms on January 23rd, 2023.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this causes. It is a truly sad situation and all of us at Blue Wizard are absolutely crushed as well—F13: Killer Puzzle is a game we are so incredibly proud of.

Seems like a fun little puzzle game, especially for that price.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Yes. Big fan.

Decades ago it was some of the best “compelling-in a batshit-insane” reading (for free!) on the internet (Usenet, of all things, is where I found it early on). It was WWE WrestleMania’87 levels of ginned-up drama. Being able to come home from school/work and spend an hour or two reading someone crazier than me making legal threats about video games was novel and didn’t require a lot of deep thought. The scary thing was that he was often correct, flipped by total insanity of threatening tort action over disagreements about weather maps or some weird(er) proto-gamer crap.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yeah, the thing that kept Derek Smart interesting was that there was like a 10% chance that his bullshit was totally true and insightful and the rest of the time it was completely insane keyboard warrior drama.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Supposedly the Lost Ark devs are issuing Steam bans for old accounts with low playtime:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/10bh3oa/lost_ark_appears_to_be_incorrectly_banning_steam

So if you get a ban notice pop up in Steam that might be why!

lmao I played an hour on release and now I might have a big Steam ban warning show up on my profile

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Tiny Timbs posted:

Supposedly the Lost Ark devs are issuing Steam bans for old accounts with low playtime:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/10bh3oa/lost_ark_appears_to_be_incorrectly_banning_steam

lmao I played an hour on release and now I might have a big Steam ban warning show up on my profile
I played on Feb 12, 2022 for 30 minutes and no ban for me (yet?) and it seems like a bunch of other people who only played briefly around then are fine too, so maybe you had to have played during some more recent window for it to happen? Pretty insane that arbitrary publishers can put a black mark on your profile though.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Grognan posted:

how many people played the mod dystopia?

Hook my brain into that sweet digital world and then kill me 5 seconds later with the Nail Gun!

Dystopia ruled and I only hope we somehow get another mod that allows a heavy gunner to have a jump boost and heat vision.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Can't stop playing because I don't want to get banned.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tiny Timbs posted:

if they didnt want that to happen they should have made a good game and not diablo x anime + overwhelming currency system

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

man the serpent rogue is confusing. they explain nothing, so stuff happens without explanation and you just are expected to know what to do as if you had already played through the game before

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

if they didnt want that to happen they should have made a good game and not diablo x anime + overwhelming currency system

I keep wanting to get into it but every time I check back in it sounds like the worst sort of f2p p2w grind imaginable.

Between the botting being so rampant its overwhelming the in game economy, and the fact the extra stuff you can purchase is locked to a single character it seems like being a fun arpg is a unintended sidequest of trying to bait whales into playing.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

pentyne posted:

I keep wanting to get into it but every time I check back in it sounds like the worst sort of f2p p2w grind imaginable.

Between the botting being so rampant its overwhelming the in game economy, and the fact the extra stuff you can purchase is locked to a single character it seems like being a fun arpg is a unintended sidequest of trying to bait whales into playing.

I dare you to find people who play the game having a conversation about anything except "power level 53653 almost to 64754!"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lost fark dot com

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Steam thread, I finished P5R and was thinking about keeping this train rolling and checking out Yakuza Like a Dragon but I've never played a Yakuza game before. I really liked the social stuff and numbers-going-up aspect of P5R but also was surprised with how much I loved the turn based combat. Is Like a Dragon going to scratch a similar itch and also is it going to be okay jumping into this series at Yakuza 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

explosivo posted:

Steam thread, I finished P5R and was thinking about keeping this train rolling and checking out Yakuza Like a Dragon but I've never played a Yakuza game before. I really liked the social stuff and numbers-going-up aspect of P5R but also was surprised with how much I loved the turn based combat. Is Like a Dragon going to scratch a similar itch and also is it going to be okay jumping into this series at Yakuza 7?

Like a Dragon is the first Yakuza with turn-based combat. The mechanics might be a little basic compared to P5R but Yakuza owns :thatsrad: