Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

They have a first. From your team lol.

Ive completely mentally blocked this from my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kalli posted:

Geno's a FA and also descended back to earth in the 2nd half of the season. Goff is... Goff, he's fine in perfect situations, but neither guy is someone you handcuff yourself to if a prospect in the draft is good enough. Also Ridder's a 3rd round pick, you're fine dumpstering him if the opportunity arises.

As a Seahawks fan, I'd be fine with Geno being the starter again next year, he's been competent overall. If Stroud or Young are available at 5 still, I'd take either of them, otherwise I'd just load up on defense/interior OL.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There is no way the Seahawks should trade up for a QB. If there is a good one on the board at 5, sure, but otherwise there will be a lot of talent at that spot that fits the team's specific needs. Geno gonna get paid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Can we discuss "back fracture, 2 to 3 weeks" for a second?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Remember two weeks ago when the Jets cleared Mike White, he was absolutely terrible in the game, they were eliminated from the playoffs then a couple days later were like oh yeah, he has 5 broken ribs?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think Staley is a good coach but it's not his fault a football player got hurt playing football.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is his fault they got hurt in a meaningless game

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A game they lost, to the Russell Wilson Broncos.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also he was injured twice previously this season and probably really could've used a week off

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eifert Posting posted:

How long did it take for Bruce Wayne, like a week?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Also he was injured twice previously this season and probably really could've used a week off

Staley only dressed 4 WRs for that game and then used roster size after the game to justify it.

I hate it here

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Spinal

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Same thing the Ravens did this past week. Starting a third string QB and resting some guys but inexplicably playing others, like Gus Edwards who suffered a concussion. Roquan Smith also had an injury scare late in the game but ended up ok thankfully. Should have just run Drake and Hill at RB.

That's why to me I hate all coaches until they prove to me they don't deserve it. I think they're all idiots!!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm not even mad about him playing starters. It's how long they played that I just don't understand.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1613960619182407681?t=3Mg5VrRmsIlh1mKEMwJtxg&s=19

This situation seems good and normal

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Eifert Posting posted:

Carrs only missed injury game because of a transverse process fracture in his back, but he was only out a week. Guess sometimes its not a big deal?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MJeff posted:

How long did it take for Bruce Wayne, like a week?

He had a wise man performing ancient techniques on him

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I'm a charger's fan I'm apoplectically mad at Staley for playing people in that game. Literally meaningless and you're leading into your stud quarterback's playoff debut. I don't care if you can't dress two receivers, trott out the sixth string cornerback as your wide receiver before you put Williams out there.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What a rehab

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If I'm a charger's fan I'm apoplectically mad at Staley for playing people in that game. Literally meaningless and you're leading into your stud quarterback's playoff debut. I don't care if you can't dress two receivers, trott out the sixth string cornerback as your wide receiver before you put Williams out there.
It should have been treated like a preseason game if you're dead set on playing starters to keep momentum or whatever. Everyone important should have been out of the game after two series'.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

The San Diego Los Angeles Chargers do not have a great history of medical excellence.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Mike Williams is legitimately scary to play against too. I feel like 50 50 balls to him can singlehandedly win games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ort posted:

Mike Williams is legitimately scary to play against too. I feel like 50 50 balls to him can singlehandedly win games.

And have! This year even!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I love that this is somehow only my second favorite insane Tyson post-fight interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fkDQiCuf0

Y'all know first place.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Besides Jamaar Chase no other receiver has killed the Chiefs as much as Mike Williams over the last 4 years or so

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Metapod posted:

Glad we can agree you were telling lies
It wasn't a forward pass anyway, ball's clearly out of his hand before it starts moving forward

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Grittybeard posted:

I love that this is somehow only my second favorite insane Tyson post-fight interview

Y'all know first place.

Now I'm nodding my head while I imagine the mashup of Mike Tyson's "Believe it or not your back is broken" and Costanza's answering machine greeting.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RussellStReport/status/1613966212341309441?t=aD9xpgNkQ4BxqVM04D7tuQ&s=19

Situation continues to be normal and good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like, I don't care if it's by one point or 40 points, If the Chargers do lose to the Jags you have to be thinking about those week 18 injuries all offseason.

Considering how bad the Chargers run defense is I wonder how much the Jags might insert some designed QB runs?

I'm definitely favoring the Chargers in that one. The Jags have not been reliable and the Chargers are more talented, but it's easy to imagine the Jaguars finagling a quick lead and dominating time of possession. Imo it's the most interesting matchup this weekend.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

a neat cape posted:

He also has Daniel Jones

Yeah I agree that this makes dabolls job easier, but he should still be the frontrunner for coach of the year imo

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1613977552447471616?s=20&t=ufrfOrHBssRGFCYOS-GUGQ

Sunday looking like the only time this season that the giants are near full health on defense. Resting players in meaningless games works???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sammy Watkins wants Lamar to play because if he doesn't, the lasting memory on himself this season is him running the wrong route so many times it cost Green Bay a game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I agree with Sammy that Lamar "hobbling out" there without any practice and blowing out the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals would require actual magic.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

good for roquan for getting traded and finally making first team all pro; he had no chance of doing so with the lovely bears team

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
From literally the very first defensive series he had here he's had a huge impact on the defense. Like he stopped a 2nd and then 3rd and short one right after the other. We didn't really have any stopping power at all until he came in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

Sammy Watkins wants Lamar to play because if he doesn't, the lasting memory on himself this season is him running the wrong route so many times it cost Green Bay a game.

I mean there is a strong chance he just goes that again

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is Sammy Watkins of all people really saying Lamar should play while injured?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Grittybeard posted:

Y'all know first place.

2500 weighted situps a DAY what the gently caress man

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty sure Obama was still president the last time I saw Sammy Watkins make a play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Ravens should really consider whether they can count on Lamar enough moving forward to guarantee him $200m. Then they should trade him to the Jets if possible.