Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Chargers had a free bye week and lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't Winston play like 3 or 4 weeks with a broken back? Or am I thinking of a different QB?

I remember the medical team cleared him saying that it couldn't get worse from playing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

syzpid posted:

Didn't Winston play like 3 or 4 weeks with a broken back? Or am I thinking of a different QB?

I remember the medical team cleared him saying that it couldn't get worse from playing.

No he played in games 2 and 3 with a broken back just this year alone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't like working with a tummy ache at a desk job. These people are loving insane.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1613936175722696710?t=R1BwqKrtYLrfFTjlfTTwHg&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1613996442602901505?t=SC4s_mB3MSSRTh3KHKbSMg&s=19

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Like I get that Staley got his incredibly talented team to the playoffs for the first time in his head coaching career and it's only his second season and all but like, at a certain point this dude makes so many bad decisions to just be considered incredibly negligent in his responsibilities right? Like you kept your starters out for the final game of the season and now your best receiver is out for the rest of the season in all likelihood.

Like yeah, he's not getting fired and he probably shouldn't, but drat it really feels like he needs to get his team SOMEWHERE in the playoffs to justify being coach.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OneMoreTime posted:

Like I get that Staley got his incredibly talented team to the playoffs for the first time in his head coaching career and it's only his second season and all but like, at a certain point this dude makes so many bad decisions to just be considered incredibly negligent in his responsibilities right? Like you kept your starters out for the final game of the season and now your best receiver is out for the rest of the season in all likelihood.

Like yeah, he's not getting fired and he probably shouldn't, but drat it really feels like he needs to get his team SOMEWHERE in the playoffs to justify being coach.

Listen, Tom Coughlin played his starters in a meaningless week 17 game vs the Patriots, and they won the superbowl. Therefore,

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I haven't seen what this looks like but it sounds like literally the virgin vs chad meme

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar is officially out so it looks like Harbaugh disagrees with Watkins take

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I know, visibility and all but that seems weird they wouldn't honour the wishes of a franchise qb for something pretty small like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Pretty sure Obama was still president the last time I saw Sammy Watkins make a play

I liked Sammy Watkins on the Chiefs when he was available, he really did make the offense work better when he was healthy. But...

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lamar is officially out so it looks like Harbaugh disagrees with Watkins take

Yeah the guy is actually insane if you take him at his word. Far, far beyond his Lamar take.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-cardinals-teammate-slams-kyler-203101794.html

quote:

Silver wrote in the story: "Once paid, the veteran said, Murray felt less compulsion to study his game plan or to fulfill the expectations of the franchise QB position than he had in the past, and the Cardinals’ collapse felt predictable."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1614011026395090952

Thanks, Seahawks, ya fuckers.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

How does a teammate know how much time the dude spent prepping

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This was the guy they had to include a video game clause that basically got laughed out to amendment to i mean, his work ethic might be legendarily bad

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be skeptical about complaints of an NFL player's work ethic up until the moment they get caught a la Jamarcus Russell.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Benne posted:

Pretty sure Obama was still president the last time I saw Sammy Watkins make a play

dont forget, hes 29.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengals are the first and final team to go 12-4 with nobody on either of the all pro teams. made this up but it's true. don't look into it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm going to be skeptical about complaints of an NFL player's work ethic up until the moment they get caught a la Jamarcus Russell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there a possibility the deathly silence about a trade partner for Carr is because every QB needy team has one eye on Baltimore at the moment? I know it's also largely because a huge bunch of the QB needy teams are already wrist deep in a coaching search and the deadline seems to be feb with a lot of football in between but I gotta think the QB rankings as targets would be Lamar, Brady, Carr, Jimmy G if they all end up available right?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

bows1 posted:

dont forget, hes 29.

What's always wild every time I think of Watkins is that he was *the* guy on that Clemson team and Hopkins was clearly his #2.

At least, how I remember it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Watkins was absurd until his foot kept exploding

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

McStay

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Watkins was absurd until his foot kept exploding

Which was almost immediately.

He came out the same year as OBJ and was never as good and somehow less healthy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I sometimes remember about the time Sammy put his hair in paint and whipped it around

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I typed and deleted like 5 paragraphs about Lamar and the Ravens and I'm just going to sum it up with fire Greg Roman.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

I typed and deleted like 5 paragraphs about Lamar and the Ravens and I'm just going to sum it up with fire Greg Roman.

Harbaugh with him. The man has no backbone to stand up to his coordinators unless Bisciotti brings the heat on him.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He sees his playtime on Xbox live or whatever.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If he shows up for meetings and doesn't know poo poo about the game plan from their study assignments it would be pretty obvious pretty quick.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Is there a possibility the deathly silence about a trade partner for Carr is because every QB needy team has one eye on Baltimore at the moment? I know it's also largely because a huge bunch of the QB needy teams are already wrist deep in a coaching search and the deadline seems to be feb with a lot of football in between but I gotta think the QB rankings as targets would be Lamar, Brady, Carr, Jimmy G if they all end up available right?

It's more likely that every team knows that time is not on the Raiders' side. They have to cut him by February 15 to avoid $40.4 million in guarantees and Carr has a no trade clause so can't be dumped to the highest bidder.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Even the early QB trades the last few year like Alex Smith and Stafford didn’t happen until the end of January so I think teams in the market are definitely going to wait until after the Ravens season (presumably) ends to see if there’s any chance he can be had.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BlindSite posted:

If he shows up for meetings and doesn't know poo poo about the game plan from their study assignments it would be pretty obvious pretty quick.

Yeah I'm at a point where there is waaaay too much smoke around Murray not studying for me to think it's a narrative cut from whole cloth.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Harbaugh with him. The man has no backbone to stand up to his coordinators unless Bisciotti brings the heat on him.

I thought about adding that but I'm not quite there yet. If Roman isn't gone (barring a Superbowl run somehow) this year then he's going on my personal hot seat though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kevino07 posted:

It's more likely that every team knows that time is not on the Raiders' side. They have to cut him by February 15 to avoid $40.4 million in guarantees and Carr has a no trade clause so can't be dumped to the highest bidder.

Not a bad point, I think if you're a team like the Jets and Carolina after the last 5 years you probably pull the trigger on a 3rd rounder for the guaruntee, presuming of course Carr would go into any kind of move like that with an open mind and not just be happy to stand pat. I would think any manager or agent worth their salt would be telling him to wait for a release anyway. He'll get more money that way because he'll be getting paid by both the raiders and his new team and can drive his price up. If I was the raiders though I'd be calling any team without an established offer.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Even the early QB trades the last few year like Alex Smith and Stafford didn’t happen until the end of January so I think teams in the market are definitely going to wait until after the Ravens season (presumably) ends to see if there’s any chance he can be had.

Yeah I suppose the other thing too is that the Ravens need to do their own end of year clear outs and assessments that won't happen until their eliminated.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Jackson/Ravens situation is giving me Kawhi Leonard/Spurs vibes.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What/when was the last offer the Ravens made to Lamar?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Lifespan posted:

What/when was the last offer the Ravens made to Lamar?

Offered him 250 million with 133 guaranteed. He declined then he said he wouldn't negotiate during the season and has held to that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Danny LaFever posted:

The Jackson/Ravens situation is giving me Kawhi Leonard/Spurs vibes.

Just waiting to hear a story about Lamar going out to dinner with the Ravens brass and eating 12 red apples with a knife and fork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Desperately trying to think of something that rhymes with "board man gets paid"