Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Tankbuster posted:

yeah, NATO countries just end up going to places and accidentally have resources fall into their capitalists' pockets pekka. It isn't a russian perversion when Borell says that everything outside of the first world is a savage jungle.

That has nothing do with how or why Russia invaded Ukraine, or why the only rational response to it is opposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao russia's justification for invasion to protect the people of the DPR and LPR is literally the same as NATO's to invade Yugoslavia to protect the people of Kosovo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
(shouting)
Mom I can't come down for dinner. I'm defending democracy! Can you bring dinner to my room?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Does NATO now claim Kosovo as part of the NATO empire?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No, given that ukraine was ethnically cleansing russians, it had everything to do with NATO backed imperialism. I will take Merkel and Hollande's take over yours.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

DancingShade posted:

(shouting)
Mom I can't come down for dinner. I'm defending democracy! Can you bring dinner to my room?

Bold words from someone also posting in the internet. :coolfish:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

Bold words from someone also posting in the internet. :coolfish:

doverhog posted:

Actually, I'm a defender of democracy and human rights, in the face of fascism and lies.

Yes.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

No, given that ukraine was ethnically cleansing russians, it had everything to do with NATO backed imperialism. I will take Merkel and Hollande's take over yours.

Why? Merkel was a Russian ally that hooked Germany on gas and shut down the nuclear plants, leading to the current energy crisis.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

doverhog posted:

Actually, I'm a defender of democracy and human rights, in the face of fascism and lies.

This beats the rebuilding Iraq post for me, it's genuinely incredible, it toes the line between mouth breather and troll so finely. Bravo.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
hey doverhog which country is looting Ukraine the most right now? Hint: it’s not Russia.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Who are you, DancingShade, and what are you doing here?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

CongoJack posted:

hey doverdog which country is looting Ukraine the most right now? Hint: it’s not Russia.

When Russia is bombing and raping Ukraine does it matter?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

This beats the rebuilding Iraq post for me, it's genuinely incredible, it toes the line between mouth breather and troll so finely. Bravo.

The secret is to have a bunch of copypasta on standby. You don't want to actually put effort into troll baiting otherwise you're just wasting your own time for what you hope to perceive as a payoff.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

doverhog posted:

Does NATO now claim Kosovo as part of the NATO empire?

do u understand what empire is

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
:420:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

doverhog posted:

Why? Merkel was a Russian ally that hooked Germany on gas and shut down the nuclear plants, leading to the current energy crisis.

yes, gas of course is a frivolity and not used for anything. Industrial inputs? Whats that?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

Who are you, DancingShade, and what are you doing here?

It's me, your lost father. I'm reaching out to you to reconnect after all these years. Took a while to find the cigarettes and milk.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

doverhog posted:

its not bombing or raping when NATO does it because it's not imperialist.

Oh, libya's water is privatized and belongs to Nestle now?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

doverhog posted:

what matters is ukraine is already guaranteed decades of absolute misery regardless of the result of this war

the only material effect the result of this war will have is who are the looters

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Weird fixation on rape too, that's definitely a Finnish thing I reckon

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A big flaming stink posted:

what matters is ukraine is already guaranteed decades of absolute misery regardless of the result of this war

the only material effect the result of this war will have is who are the looters

Correct-o-mundo.

Though it didn't seem like paradise before either. Now it's just turned up a notch.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
nah, finns are asexual. After inventing spurdo they achieved immortality.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

doverhog posted:

uh yea man it matters a lot and will impact all aspects of Ukrainian life for decades to come.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

doverhog posted:

Nato is a defense union, with no imperialist intentions. The US might have them, but they can carry them out without NATO. It is a Russian perversion to divide the world into Russia and NATO. Finland tried to be neutral and friendly with Russia for a long time, in the end it was all for naught.

Nato destroyed Afghanistan.

doverhog posted:

There are no real elections in Russia.

Even if true, Putin still has approval rates western politicians could only dream of.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

yes, gas of course is a frivolity and not used for anything. Industrial inputs? Whats that?

Merkel was a buddy to Putin and made Germany dependent on cheap gas, that was a choice. Industry can function on electricity from nuclear plants instead of gas, but instead the plants were shut down and nord stream 2 was planned. This giant mistake by Germany was a major reason why Russia felt emboldened to start the war, because they believed and were partly right, that the EU and especially Germany could not seriously resist.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

Yes, and Putin and Russia are to blame for that, and they must pay reparations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

doverhog posted:

Merkel was a buddy to Putin and made Germany dependent on cheap gas, that was a choice. Industry can function on electricity from nuclear plants instead of gas, but instead the plants were shut down and nord stream 2 was planned. This giant mistake by Germany was a major reason why Russia felt emboldened to start the war, because they believed and were partly right, that the EU and especially Germany could not seriously resist.

yes and as everyone knows industry only requires electricity, no raw materials.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

doverhog posted:

Yes, and Putin and Russia are to blame for that, and they must pay reparations.

pay me reparations for making me read all of this finnish garbage

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
thread bankruptcy. someone blew up latvia?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think I might prefer Medvedev tbh, I know it goes against consensus but just look at that tan

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the thread is fighting it's own Continuation War.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
has anyone made a list of finnish or suspected finnish thread regulars

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

thread bankruptcy. someone blew up latvia?

Yeah anyone got any kind of info on this? Seems bad, what are the chances it's one of them local resistance groups NATO helpfully activated?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Slavvy posted:

Yeah anyone got any kind of info on this? Seems bad, what are the chances it's one of them local resistance groups NATO helpfully activated?

actually it's good that latvia is blown up

or was it lithuania?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
still waiting to see the metrics by which Russia is losing the war, I heard it was all of them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CongoJack posted:

still waiting to see the metrics by which Russia is losing the war, I heard it was all of them.

Yeah they ran out of missiles 10 months ago I hear. That's pretty bad. Everything we're seeing now is just Arma 3 mods run through a filter.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It was the pipeline that joins Latvia to Estonia and Lithuania.

It seems like the kind of moronic counter productive thing a Baltic terrorist would do tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Their goal was to conquer Kyiv quickly instead they are doing conscription and pulling back. How is that not a loss?