Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Brawnfire posted:

Wolf 359 day, where they ring the gong once for every fatality

it is important to remember those who have passed, and i do love me some blast beats :black101:

e: first snipe, worst snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

sweet geek swag posted:

Someone really wants slaves in their mines.

musk gotta get that emerald wealth somehow, else how he gonna be remembered along with the wright bros and zephraim cockring?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok so I’m near the end of Voyager, season 5, and wow this has to be the most optimistic of all Star Treks. Lmao at the idea that the state of Indiana somehow managed to support the construction and operation of the world’s first functional arcology by the year 2012.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Dick Fontaine posted:

Ok so I’m near the end of Voyager, season 5, and wow this has to be the most optimistic of all Star Treks. Lmao at the idea that the state of Indiana somehow managed to support the construction and operation of the world’s first functional arcology by the year 2012.

Also gives credence to my personal theory that Janeway's ancestor and Locke's dad are Locke's parents. Time travel.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

lmao at season 5 being near the end of voyager. -that- is optimistic. good luck getting through season 6 (voyager is cool though)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Dick Fontaine posted:

Just call Lucas Oil Stadium an "arcology" and boom, problem fixed.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I didn’t realize they were making a Section 31 show. I guess I vastly underestimated the love for Section 31.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I didn’t realize they were making a Section 31 show. I guess I vastly underestimated the love for Section 31.

If it’s about the dissolution of Section 31 I’m down. If it’s about how Section 31 doesn’t play by the rules but damnit it gets the job done then I’m not down

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Paramount creating a trek show about a specific subject is in no way related to the amount of love for that subject.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
But they made Picard and everybody says he’s the best captain

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
also large number of trek fans wanting a thing is in no way an indication that you should do that thing

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

DoctorTristan posted:

also large number of trek fans wanting a thing is in no way an indication that you should do that thing

Absolutely. Here’s proof: I want the holodeck to exist.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

A holodeck would really nice, I just don't want to clean it after

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All the bodily fluids get recycled by the replicators so everyone on the Enterprise D were eating Rikers reconstituted cum from his holodeck adventures

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Hollismason posted:

All the bodily fluids get recycled by the replicators so everyone on the Enterprise D were eating Rikers reconstituted cum from his holodeck adventures

That’s loving disgusting. I was hoping for Barclay’s…

I think if I had access to a holodeck I’d use it for pretend murder more than pretend sex. I mean I can do pretend sex right now, in fact I’m doing it as I type this, but pretend murder, well that’s a horse of a different color.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 14, 2023

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Computer, replicate me a desk chair made exclusively out of recycled Riker.”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All of the 24th Centuries replicator technologies are made possible by Riker molecules. Replicators were not around until then.

This is the real currency of Star Trek Federation. Collecting and distribution of the Riker molecule.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 14, 2023

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Those ferengi remains discs but they're just full of rikum

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dick Fontaine posted:

Environmentally-beneficial projects being held up by an old boomer clinging to his store and insisting the old ways are better is pretty accurate though. Give it ten years, he'd be an antivaxxer and trying to take horse medicine.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Part of it is that Michael Yeoh as the Terran Phillipa Gerogiou is a delight*, but the only time they can make more stories with her in the prime universe is the time between Discovery seasons one and two that she was with Section 31.

This is a case where this an interesting story to be told as the organization is slowly being subverted by CONTROL, but since the protagonist is an outsider it's not readily apparent what's normal spy shenainigans and what's due to the omnicidal AI from the future.

*YMMV, but the production team thinks she is.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That’s loving disgusting. I was hoping for Barclay’s…

I think if I had access to a holodeck I’d use it for pretend murder more than pretend sex. I mean I can do pretend sex right now, in fact I’m doing it as I type this, but pretend murder, well that’s a horse of a different color.

I didn't need to know this friend.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

I didn't need to know this friend.

If it makes you feel better I didn't finish until you made this post.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Endless Trash posted:

If it’s about the dissolution of Section 31 I’m down.

Huh, that's angle I hadn't thought of before that actually doesn't sound too lovely. Yeah, make it about (sigh) Empress Georgiou and Ash Tyler...

Nevermind, I changed my mind about this thought after writing those names

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Huh, that's angle I hadn't thought of before that actually doesn't sound too lovely. Yeah, make it about (sigh) Empress Georgiou and Ash Tyler...

Nevermind, I changed my mind about this thought after writing those names

Well don’t worry I thought about it for 2 more seconds and that can’t happen anyways since Section 31 exists in DS9 times

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Endless Trash posted:

Well don’t worry I thought about it for 2 more seconds and that can’t happen anyways since Section 31 exists in DS9 times

Section 31 in the hypothetical show could be a completely different beast than the Section 31 in DS9 - even without the passing of a hundred years, CONTROL murders essentially the entire organzation so zero insitutional knowedge gets passed down.

This means that Section 31 was, esentially, refounded by Ash Tyler - someone with the memories of a former Klingon terrorist. Which might explain some things.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m very skeptical at this point that the S31 show is going to happen with Michelle Yeoh’s current career resurgence

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m very skeptical at this point that the S31 show is going to happen with Michelle Yeoh’s current career resurgence

This was my thought as well but she may be under contract to do it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

She has no problem continuing to be in genre trash for the fun of it, see Witcher spin-off show

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I don't want anything explained. I just want them to spend an entire season on the tng gangster planet

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hollismason posted:

Dadmiral: "It's not bad for cum."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

External Organs posted:

I don't want anything explained. I just want them to spend an entire season on the tng gangster planet
Thanks, Quentin

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Wee Bairns posted:

Dadmiral: "It's not bad for cum."

“But I also really like cum.”

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wayne Knight posted:

Those ferengi remains discs but they're just full of rikum

*coughs into hand* five strips of gold-pressed laticum

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think you could do a Section 31 show, but it'd have to be a very specific format; You do it like an anthology series, with just a Sloane-type character as the audience perspective on an incident or situation they're assisting. You have no context on what the greater goal is, only watching them play spy to help/hinder the episode's plot. And only in the finale learn what all the dominoes tipping in various ways amounts to.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think you could do a Section 31 show, but it'd have to be a very specific format; You do it like an anthology series, with just a Sloane-type character as the audience perspective on an incident or situation they're assisting. You have no context on what the greater goal is, only watching them play spy to help/hinder the episode's plot. And only in the finale learn what all the dominoes tipping in various ways amounts to.

This is way better than anything the producers will come up with, if Section 31 actually comes to fruition. Which I'm not holding my breath for no matter the news cycle.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Could mix in a bit of classic Suicide Squad, have a team of spare O'Briens misfits and prisoners sent out to do the shady poo poo.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
And then at the end it all turns out to be a Bluegill plot and somebody gets their head blown up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Still runs into the issue that Section 31 are the bad guys and even 'reformed' nothing that would ever be willing to use their name and legacy and the unaccountably could be worth existing. The only Section 31 series I could tolerate would be one dedicated to its eradication and its sins being made public for the Federation to grapple with face to face.

You could make a decent Starfleet Intelligence series like that though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Murdoch posted:

Could mix in a bit of classic Suicide Squad, have a team of spare O'Briens misfits and prisoners sent out to do the shady poo poo.

Nah, my thinking was more of the vein of DS9 Section 31, where you never really know if it existed outside of Sloane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Didn't section 31 infect the founders with a bioengineered virus, leading to the Dominion surrendering and ending a bloody war that took billions of lives? There's a word for an organization like that: heroic.