Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what the gently caress is real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Quite stylish.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

skulker and zenial bringing that mad gbs energy in 2022 its nice like a soft breeze against the skin

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i saw a media product produced for profit, which likely only took a day or two of talents time, and they all seemed to like each other quite a bit. also, if the principal cast had problems with him, we wouldve heard about it directly from them by now. entrainment industry types talk poo poo about each other constantly, anything wrong anywhere and its name and shame in hollywood. only way to ensure your career after all.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

also very sure david hyde pierce has too much on his plate professionally speaking to revisit the single most profitable venture hes ever embarked upon.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hope I'm not I'm wrong, but there seems to be a difference between people like Kelsey Grammer and people like James Woods. Grammer seems like just your typical "straight white guy who likes money" Republican and not a Twitter-poisoned ideologue who whines about minorities oppressing him. I don't really care about the first kind all that much. Like I get it, it's hard to see past all that money, I might be that way too in the same situation.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sir Lemming posted:

Hope I'm not I'm wrong, but there seems to be a difference between people like Kelsey Grammer and people like James Woods. Grammer seems like just your typical "straight white guy who likes money" Republican and not a Twitter-poisoned ideologue who whines about minorities oppressing him. I don't really care about the first kind all that much. Like I get it, it's hard to see past all that money, I might be that way too in the same situation.

Kind of what was called fiscal vs social in the days of old political dialogue of course

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Kind of what was called fiscal vs social in the days of old political dialogue of course

It turns out you have to pay for things to be equitable and, gosh, wouldn't you know it, I'm a fiscal conservative and I just can't allow that in good conscience. Maybe next time.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Cafes, French restaurants, dinner parties and the opera.

90s TV gave me unrealistic expectations for how many dinner parties I'd have to throw as an adult.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Marenghi posted:

Cafes, French restaurants, dinner parties and the opera.

90s TV gave me unrealistic expectations for how many dinner parties I'd have to throw as an adult.

I had a completely different idea about the local French restaurant scene before I moved to Seattle.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

But Seattle does have an excellent symphony and world class dining.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

We just need more boites.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/HanaMichels/status/1599835359831281664?t=J-pdwKEGigTMQU1FS6PHvw&s=19

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's amazing how I can not only hear Frasier saying this, but my mind can conjour a scene in a non-existent episode where Frasier gets a starring role in some am-dram society production, then Eddie somehow gets a tiny role in the play, Martin's really proud and starts taking an interest in the 'hoity toity' play he previously dismissed and Eddie upstages Frasier and gets all the praise.

"The reward I seek...is not a hot dog. [voice becomes Frasier Bellow] That's it! He's not an actor, he's A DOG!!"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BalloonFish posted:

It's amazing how I can not only hear Frasier saying this, but my mind can conjour a scene in a non-existent episode where Frasier gets a starring role in some am-dram society production, then Eddie somehow gets a tiny role in the play, Martin's really proud and starts taking an interest in the 'hoity toity' play he previously dismissed and Eddie upstages Frasier and gets all the praise.

"The reward I seek...is not a hot dog. [voice becomes Frasier Bellow] That's it! He's not an actor, he's A DOG!!"

It's uncanny

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The credits scene is Frasier accepting a generous award from the Thespians of Seattle, only to find it comes with a sausage basket

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This man carried his Frasier energy well into his real life

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

BalloonFish posted:

FilthyImp posted:

The credits scene is Frasier accepting a generous award from the Thespians of Seattle, only to find it comes with a sausage basket

:five:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Runa posted:

This man carried his Frasier energy well into his real life

It's been said before but the brundlefly of Frasier and Always Sunny is just Kelsey Grammar's real life. His personal life is a goddamn trainwreck.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
That book quote is great.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Although I know Grammer is pretty right wing, I never got the sense that he was a really hardcore chud like Mel Gibson or Jon Voight. I thought he was more like Pat Sajak: conservative, but smart enough not to let that bullshit leak into their job.

I have no evidence, but I always just kind of assumed he was initially a hardcore Republican from a "tough on crime" standpoint what with all the murders. Then the money came, of course.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

I had a completely different idea about the local French restaurant scene before I moved to Seattle.

I do miss le gourmand

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I used to live across the street from Le Gourmand ama

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Is it really like Le Gourmet but fatter?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm thinking of doing an edit of Sleepless in Seattle where the radio lady gets replaced by clips from Frasier's radio show.

Taking suggestions now.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I am a lumbering pleasure dinosaur.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The Simpsons Cape Feare episode came out 2 years prior to Leapin Lizards, with Bulldog pranking Frasier into singing 3 Little Maids which the Simpsons sing in that episode. I wonder if it inspired that bit.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Kelsey, you plonker!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1613974686924419073?t=pwu-cNok3Xke53OKlllATQ&s=19

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Cant wait for Frasier to fall through the bar at Le Cigare Volant

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

codo27 posted:

The Simpsons Cape Feare episode came out 2 years prior to Leapin Lizards, with Bulldog pranking Frasier into singing 3 Little Maids which the Simpsons sing in that episode. I wonder if it inspired that bit.

Entirely possible, though might just be both taking advantage of Kelsey Grammar being able to do Gilbert and Sullivan pretty drat well.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Variety posted:

Lyndhurst will play Alan Cornwall, described as “Frasier’s old college buddy turned university professor. British, boozy and larger than life, Alan has an intellect on par with Frasier’s—if only he ever felt like using it. Alan’s mischievous streak might be just what Frasier could use to shake up his routine, while Frasier’s thoughtful guidance might help Alan find some of the direction he’s been missing in his own life.”

No. No no no. gently caress off.

Frasier was never the straight man of the outfit. He bumbled his way through to making some good things happen, yes, but they were always accidents to his hubris and played as such. If he's now the big bro to a college professor joker, just... What are you even doing? :eng99:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Good god, I do not want this - whatever this is - at all.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ynohtna posted:

Good god, I do not want this - whatever this is - at all.

Yeah, I hear them blues a-callin'.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I wonder if a certain old conservative reptile read an email forward about a marine putting a college professor in his place and thought "Hey, my character could be that marine!"

And then they had to make the guy alcoholic and British because otherwise there was just nothing to do with the character

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

On a happier note, my wife has watched enough clips that she wants to start watching the whole show.

But for some reason I have it in my head that S1 is kind of a bummer compared to 2 onward since 1 has much more conflict with Martin. But it also feels like necessary character-building for the rest of the show. Curious on thoughts about watching/skipping S1 or any particularly good episodes as a best of.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Most of the first season is a bummer but there's some classic Frasier gold in the last few episodes.

I'd start with roadtrip episode up to the season finale as the only ones really worth watching. There is some character building in the earlier episodes but nothing that wouldn't be picked up along the show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That stuff is the meat of the show. It'd be as missed as the farce, should either be removed.

Now, granted, for some, the meat on this sandwich is that ol' Mitch Hedberg, "a cow with two crackers, in season 1, but the silliness only works when you have the seriousness.

Pie job for Lord Autumn Bottom over there!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I started watching Frasier because Sideshow Bob was my favorite Simpsons character. It's funny, my favorites are all the evil republicans, him, Burns, Kent Brockman

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/JeffGreenbergCD/status/1620251669299859457?t=LUB5zZOwZX-vYpcIX7oxOQ&s=19

For better or worse

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
it's like poetry they rhyme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

they spelled frajer wrong???