Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Gavok posted:

Line of Duty II is a good watch. Despite having two rear end-kicking women as the leads and some really great action sequences, the two of them don't really get all that much personality or even screentime. Most of the movie is focused on the comic relief characters, culminating in a completely WTF final moment.

I feel like you are also describing Honor and Glory here too, although they're made by different people.

I've only seen 2 of the Teen Agers movies, High School Hero and the one where they all go on vacation to California, but they are hilarious.

Also if you were ever wary of other riffers, the Batman Vs Superman riff features all the different riffing teams for various parts, and gives you a good feel for their styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh2FDJ-izds

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Line of Duty II is a good watch. Despite having two rear end-kicking women as the leads and some really great action sequences, the two of them don't really get all that much personality or even screentime. Most of the movie is focused on the comic relief characters, culminating in a completely WTF final moment.

It's one of those movies where there's clearly a lot of talent on display but at the same time it is ripe for a riff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Very funny how the movie gives Cynthia Rothrock a British voice when it doesn't factor into the plot at all.

Also wtf with that ending?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

The goofiest thing about those movies is how bad the continuity is for something so simple.

Poverty Row was something else- the studios in those days had such a hold on talent and resources that what few independents there were had to take whatever they could get.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Funniest and most uncomfortable part of those Teen Agers movies is when the owner of the teen's club goes "The kids are gonna sing a spiritual now" and then 30 or so white kids sing "Swing low sweet chariot" to a room full of only white people.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Some favorites:

Blood Theatre
Subspecies IV: The Awakening
Feeders
The Bronx Warriors
Psychotronic Man
Uninvited
Missile X: The Neutron Bomb Incident
Psycho 2
ROTOR
Rock n Roll Nightmare

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My wife insisted on some kind of RiffTrax slasher movie for Friday the 13th and we watched Hack-o-Lantern. I'm pretty sure the grandpa character is a genetic experiment by the government where they merged Brian Doyle Murray and Paul Heyman into one person.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hack-o-Lantern is fun but that name makes no goddamn sense for that movie.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's a tradition for goofy horror flics F.E. Troll 2 or Chopping Mall

Chopping Mall could do with a riff.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only bad thing about The Teenagers films are there are eight of them, but Rifftrax can't find decent prints of the last four, meaning we'll probably never get them riffed.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of movies that won't get riffed, I want to see Elves riffed because it sounds like an awful 80s movie but it might be too awful. And no way will we get a Surviving Edged Weapons riff

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shake Hands with Danger had some gruesome bits. (the hand being sliced off still sticks in my memory)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Problem is Surviving Edged Weapons has some irl gore with photos of actual injuries.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
The bigger problem is that as amazingly weird as that film is, it's made by Calibre Press who are the ones behind the whole "bulletproof warrior" cop training poo poo in this country. They're the ones that respond to police shooting unarmed black people with the idea that police should be even faster to use lethal force.

To quote their own madness: "In truth, the courts have very little to do with what a warrior knows as justice. Justice is what separates the police officer from the gang member."

As weird as Surviving Edged Weapons is because it's so over-the-top for a training film, it's part of a long tradition of "training" given to police in this country that is directly linked to the rise of police militarization and this attitude of "us vs them" in policing, encouraging pigs to see everyone and everything as a threat and how the goal of policing should prioritize the "safety" of the officers and instant, slavering obedience by suspects over all else.

I can't find it but there was an article a while back that had looked into the fact that the number of police involved in shooting unarmed black people who had attended these Caliber "warrior cop" trainings was insanely high.

It's really hard to see the fun in a video like that nowadays knowing the consequences of its production in real life. It's for the best if Rifftrax keeps their distance.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Shake Hands with Danger had some gruesome bits. (the hand being sliced off still sticks in my memory)

*Country guitar music sting*

I'd love for them to do the Shaw Brothers' only foray in masked superheroes with Infra Man. I don't know how easy it would be to get the rights to it, though, but they'd have a blast.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Davros1 posted:

The only bad thing about The Teenagers films are there are eight of them, but Rifftrax can't find decent prints of the last four, meaning we'll probably never get them riffed.

I'm a masochist because I saw one of the teenager films on the twitch channel and bought the others that were available and the ranch one when it came out. The clips I've seen of the others are in pretty terrible condition. I really hope they can find it decent copies that don't cost an arm and a leg because the riffs would likely be day one purchases for me.

You know what else I'd like to see them riff? Nature shows. Not just the ones that they did with National Geographic. If they could get the rights to the 80s specials that would be fabulous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, new riff "Destination Inner Space" is a 60s sci-fi stinker that has James Hong in a minor part.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Davros1 posted:

People complain about sequels now a days but in the 40s you could crap out 7 movies in two years

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The point of sequels back then was to strike while the iron was hot and amortize the costs by spreading them over a series as long as you could before diminishing returns made it unprofitable.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bloodwaters of Dr. Z is a truly wretched mystery science episode. Not because of them because the movie is unthinkably recycled and gross. And slooooooow

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Golden Bee posted:

Bloodwaters of Dr. Z is a truly wretched mystery science episode. Not because of them because the movie is unthinkably recycled and gross. And slooooooow

ATTACK!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

at least it's easy to ignore in the background, Beginning of the End got the most boring peter Graves plot AND endless droning sfx.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

at least it's easy to ignore in the background, Beginning of the End got the most boring peter Graves plot AND endless droning sfx.

He's signing "AAAAAAAAH!"

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

Its one of my favorite riffs. Sashsay through the sargasm

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Track of the moon beast felt much better for a monster wanders around movie; it had characters, thin ones but still, stakes, and different locations that didn’t look water damaged. Set ups and payoffs… onions, chicken, chili and corn!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Golden Bee posted:

Track of the moon beast felt much better for a monster wanders around movie; it had characters, thin ones but still, stakes, and different locations that didn’t look water damaged. Set ups and payoffs… onions, chicken, chili and corn!

Unforgivable how it rushed the Halloween season, though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Moon rock? Oh wow!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Paul is not Paul anymore!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Unforgivable how it rushed the Halloween season, though.

If you don’t forgive them, they can apologize again!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Blood Waters of Dr. Z is fascinating really. They went all-in on making the villain just this weird creepy guy.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The Rifftrax Twitch channel has been repeatedly playing Attack of the Super Monsters on loop since last night.

I'm not sure if it's a mistake or genius programming.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

WhiteHowler posted:

The Rifftrax Twitch channel has been repeatedly playing Attack of the Super Monsters on loop since last night.

I'm not sure if it's a mistake or genius programming.

Don't they do that sometimes to celebrate a new thing going on the channel?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

At least it's not one of the movies bad enough you'd never notice they're on repeat.

Or the Last Slumberparty, where you already can't tell.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Oh. I just remembered what day it is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1621651036858630146

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i just went to Alan Bagh's website and it kicks rear end

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I ripped all the audio tracks from the Rifftrax shorts and play them when I go to bed (it helps dealing with my tinnitus). I woke up early this morning right at the spot in "Writing Better Social Letters" where Kevin said "Go gently caress yourself and your wooden teeth".

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 4, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest feature riff, Nightwish, has a creepy ending that it does not earn at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Shout out to the Rifftrax Roku app for adding a Random Riff button, I’m getting a lot of good shorts.