Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I mostly blame Roman for Lamar's struggles. It's been shown time and time again that his play design is extremely flawed with bunched up WRs. It's true we don't have great WRs but a part of this is because the team just doesn't help their own cause a lot of the time. We could also do a primarily TE based passing offense but we don't really seem to do that either. Like others have pointed out, our whole passing offense seems based on just hoping Lamar pulls some rabbit out of a hat on most plays.

But he does make a lot of dumb decisions himself. Like once or twice a game he has a pick where it's like what were you thinking there man.

So I don't know. I love him as a player and he's the type of guy I like watching warts and all. But at this point if someone wanted to trade high firsts for him I don't know if I could say no. Maybe a best for both parties situation. But we also need to get rid of Harbaugh and his clown ring circus and bring in a coach who wants to call the plays. I wouldn't mind seeing a year with Dorsey as head coach with Lamar and then maybe the situation will improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

it is hosed up that they didn't do anything after all those currently playing nfl dudes passed away from covid

Lol fuckin clownass take

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This masterpiece is my fault:

This needs more love.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

He should have been put out for the season after the second brain jello

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kawalimus posted:

I mostly blame Roman for Lamar's struggles. It's been shown time and time again that his play design is extremely flawed with bunched up WRs. It's true we don't have great WRs but a part of this is because the team just doesn't help their own cause a lot of the time. We could also do a primarily TE based passing offense but we don't really seem to do that either. Like others have pointed out, our whole passing offense seems based on just hoping Lamar pulls some rabbit out of a hat on most plays.

But he does make a lot of dumb decisions himself. Like once or twice a game he has a pick where it's like what were you thinking there man.

So I don't know. I love him as a player and he's the type of guy I like watching warts and all. But at this point if someone wanted to trade high firsts for him I don't know if I could say no. Maybe a best for both parties situation. But we also need to get rid of Harbaugh and his clown ring circus and bring in a coach who wants to call the plays. I wouldn't mind seeing a year with Dorsey as head coach with Lamar and then maybe the situation will improve.

Bright side for you is that if Lamar leaves, there's no way I can see Harbaugh lasting much longer

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Bright side for you is that if Lamar leaves, there's no way I can see Harbaugh lasting much longer

Harbaugh should leave regardless. He is primarily to blame for the situation. Lamar saved his rear end five years ago when he probably would have got fired. Remember 2017 was the year that we had that disaster play against the Bengals that knocked us out of the playoffs. I was rooting for the Bengals cause I didn't think we deserved it. So then in 2018 we started hot 4-2 but then were 4-5. That's when Harbaugh benched Flacco and went with Lamar and we ended up winning the division. If that all didn't happen and the Ravens collapsed again after a good start I bet you Harbaugh is canned that year.

So then the year after that with Lamar and Roman we're great. Then we start having problems and these extreme weather situations where we're great one moment but in a drought the next. Then more analysts look at the Ravens offense and see the fundamental flaws of it all. The Ravens have been flawed like this for years, two decades even, but nobody bothered looking because nobody cared about what the Ravens offense was doing. Lamar changed that and had more people turning their heads toward it and wondering why this guy who was running through the league like a buzzsaw is now struggling and now suddenly more know about the Ravens passing game problems.

Harbaugh can be an ok coach but it's dependent on his coordinators. His coordinators are more like the head coaches. Flacco's best season was 2014 that's the year we signed Steve Smith and Gary Kubiak was the OC. But we couldn't keep him around then we got Trestman who was garbage. Then he got sacked in 2016 because we lost to Washington at home and Bisciotti got mad. Then we got Morninwheg who also sucked but maybe a little less bad. So then we promoted Roman in 2019 who was great that year because he was actually trying and we didn't know Lamar's full potential. But after that year we just built the plays around hoping Lamar makes something crazy happen and the offense got a lot worse. And not to mention all the injuries in the following years.

Harbaugh doesn't have any input on the play design and playcalling. This is ok when you have a guy like Kubiak or Caldwell or Good Roman. But when things are struggling there's nothing Harbaugh will do about it. He'll sit there and defend his floundering coordinator to the death and won't do a drat thing about it. Because he's really not even qualified! He was a questionable hire to begin with who got lucky to inherit a team that was actually good instead of lots of guys who are taking over a mess of a situation in worse organizations who are set up to fail to begin with.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 14, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we lost to Washington at home and Bisciotti got mad
he said you're getting Morninwheg who also sucks but maybe a little less bad

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rogue Elephant posted:

What poor decisions off the field has he made? Being serious here, as of now I'd love for him to walk and the Giants sign him so Daboll can do actual, literal football magic.

Kawalimus has infected a lot of brains. I know he hasn't been as good as his MVP caliber recently but everyone seems to be trying to talk themselves out of giving him a deal

In addition to what other people have said he also reinstagrammed (?) some pastor who said that the COVID vaccine was created by demons or something equally batshit. I generally like the guy as my football quarterback but I'm not the guy putting $500 mill in escrow. I pretty much wrote all those words to say I'm not sure anyone knows what the correct answer is.

If Pat Mahomes says he wants to be the highest paid QB with a full guarantee, you do it. Lamar isn't on that tier. But he might be.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It's just a drat shame that we weren't allowed to renegotiate with Lamar after 2019. Everything would be in better shape now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

According to OverTheCap, after Watson’s $230m in fully guaranteed money is Russell Wilson with $124m. That’s a pretty wide chasm and I can see where the Ravens might think $133m was “good enough” and Lamar would say it’s nowhere close. That’s a tough negotiation.

Watson had ultimate leverage though and Lamar is probably a year away from having the same.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I bet if Lamar had went back after week 4 this year and said "Ok I'll give you all one more chance" we might have given up like 200 million guaranteed at that point.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
In 5 years when Watson hasn't done anything for the Browns the only silver lining for that fan base is going to be that they utterly hosed the Ravens.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeeh boddy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1614273508263198722?t=Pa2FuuJ4QXpo9GFffpDJgQ&s=33

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don’t do it matt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1614246845462548482

Ya don't say.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lmao yeah the running into the kicker penalty that won seattle the game was textbook blocked into the kicker

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

Don’t do it matt

It's fine it's not like repeated trauma to the spinal cord can result in permanent damage or anything

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is it too early to say gently caress Tom Brady?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1614070437167747072?s=46&t=8de2Kui5MHoqyuN4-VAKMA

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

It didn't end up matter for the playoffs and the game didn't end up being super close so I guess not as high profile but also the Steelers/Browns game was probably the worst officiated game I've seen this year. I guess refs aren't used to having to work a 17th game yet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

joe football posted:

It didn't end up matter for the playoffs and the game didn't end up being super close so I guess not as high profile but also the Steelers/Browns game was probably the worst officiated game I've seen this year. I guess refs aren't used to having to work a 17th game yet

:tinfoil: they tried to hand the playoffs to the Packers, but it didn’t work out too well :tinfoil:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Silly Burrito posted:

Is it too early to say gently caress Tom Brady?

My brother in Christ it is never too early or too late to say gently caress Tom Brady

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The refs were simply finding exciting new ways to screw over the Lions.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1614255638124584960?t=IE5xFwu4IbmSz3mbxoixJw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Old drunk Al is cool but freaking Dungy?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dungy's professional success as a broadcaster is mystifying. I don't know if I can think of another personality less suited for the role.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

fsif posted:

Dungy's professional success as a broadcaster is mystifying. I don't know if I can think of another personality less suited for the role.

I'll take Dungy over Collinsworth any time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

WalletBeef posted:

:hmmno:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im watching NFL Playoff countdown or whatever cause im bored

Nick Bosa does not seem very smart.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
That was also the impression I got from that segment. He definitely should have some help figuring out how to eat it seems like to me.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Dungy is the worst with his holier then thou BS, and a guy who was a defensive "genius" and had one of the greatest offenses of all time. So all he had to do was have an average at best defense and they would have won multiple Super Bowls.

Instead he went 7-6 in the playoffs with Indy, and 4 of those wins were in the Super Bowl year. He's easily the most overrated coach of the last 20 years, and I can't even imagine what he could possibly add to the game. They could have put just about anyone else in the booth with Al Micheals and it would have been fine.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bows1 posted:

Bosa deez braincells

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

WalletBeef posted:

Oh 100%, I still "prefer" Dungy over some number of other commentators. It's just that he's a benzo personified and that's so at odds with the type of traits you usually associate with "good broadcaster."

Milquetoast rear end Brees got canned after one season but he's Ric Flair in comparison to Tony.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

bows1 posted:

His parents started drug testing him in like elementary school to ensure he was getting up to nothing but football, I imagine he's not the most well rounded person out there

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

I'm looking at the seahawks vs 49ers odds, and I must say, are the "wise guys" smoking Crack? The Seahawks have this in the bag, they already lost twice to the 49ers, they won't lose again. It's raining down there, so there won't be a heat issue and it's RAIN, what's seattle known for? Dear odds people, lay off the crack!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hello lwb

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The crazy thing about betting odds is if you think the line is dumb and bad you can bet against it and win money

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Alaois posted:

Hello lwb

Or African Aids Cum? (were they the same person?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

Or African Aids Cum? (were they the same person?)

They weren’t the same and it’s definitely LWB.