Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Brain Curry posted:

Is that 30+ years old, or did they re-make it?

It's a re-release and it's awesome. Blacktron's back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

OSU_Matthew posted:

Lake Titicaca? Though the googler says that translates to Puma Rock :ohdear:

There's even an email address I can reach out to to for life advice on how to use my bone oil :heysexy:

Yeah, TITICACA!

I did not know I wanted St Nicholas oil.

I work mostly on old stuff, so no smd stuff, no paste, only through hole DIP chips. I’ll solder a socket to the board then put the chip in the socket.

Let’s see, over the past two years I’ve gotten:
KSGER T12 soldering iron
Anesty ZD-915 desoldering station
2 Korad power supplies
Cheap-ish function generator
The piece de resistance:
Rigol D1054z 4-channel oscilloscope (easily the most expensive item but also the most useful by far)

Also countless different electronic doo-dads and such. Resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, TTL chips… just so much crap.

It’s been really really fun though and holy crap have I learned a lot :)

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
My wife bought a toilet seat. I'm not sure what the accepted method to remove a toilet seat screw stuck in a round nut in a compression sleeve is but I bought a Dremel.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dremel is always the right tool. Wear safety glasses.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Guitars go out, guitars come in. Hopefully 2023 isn't the year I really screw myself over due to digital payment reporting!

Squier Baritone Custom Telecaster

Hondo H-727EVHT, early 80s and came with the stripes. Matches well with another Hondo I have

Also factory striped. These apparently REALLY pissed of Eddie Van Halen

Hondo Fame Series H-7634, short scale kids/travel guitar from the late 80s. A surprisingly good playing guitar.

Hondo Fame Series H-760, the big sibling to the one above

Firefly FFJALCWT, a clone of the SubZero Rogue VI, which was a clone of the Squier Baritone Jazzmaster.

And I didn't buy this one, it just showed up with one of the other guitars in a separate box from the same seller but no paperwork or anything saying where it should go. Waiting to hear something from them, I have a feeling the cost to pick it up and bring it back to them will be more than they want to pay and I sure as hell won't pay to send it back when it wasn't my screwup.

Dean "Dime from Hell" Baby ML 3/4 size. Not something I would ever buy myself, but it's pretty cool. I've honestly wanted an ML for a long time, but the ones I run across in my price range are the cheap Dimebag Darrell models like this one.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

We’ve had a soda stream forever and I’m drinking less lately, so I thought I’d pick up some soda syrups:

This was one of my best ideas lately. $10/bottle, each bottle is about 25 sodas, and half the calories.

I’m very excited to add the soda water tap to the kegerator.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are they any good? I’ve tried the SS brand ones as well as a few random ones from Homegoods or whatever and they’re all mid at best.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’m really enjoying the Torani Puremade line. If you haven’t had Italian soda, it’s not like regular saccharine American soda, it’s lighter and thinner overall. The pumps are really good and they recommend 4 per soda (2tbsp).

The flavors are really good. Blood orange is nice and tart, ginger is tangy enough, mango is sweet and pretty true to flavor, and the bergamot feels pretty on point, too. Probably the lightest of the bunch.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’ll keep any eye out and see if I can get the Mrs. to not remember the last few I’ve bought.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This mug

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
What's its name? It's a cutie.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

oh my god those puffy cheeks :swoon:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Teach posted:

What's its name? It's a cutie.

That's Poppy she's a princess

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

:swoon:

namlosh posted:

Yeah, TITICACA!

I did not know I wanted St Nicholas oil.

I work mostly on old stuff, so no smd stuff, no paste, only through hole DIP chips. I’ll solder a socket to the board then put the chip in the socket.

Let’s see, over the past two years I’ve gotten:
KSGER T12 soldering iron
Anesty ZD-915 desoldering station
2 Korad power supplies
Cheap-ish function generator
The piece de resistance:
Rigol D1054z 4-channel oscilloscope (easily the most expensive item but also the most useful by far)

Also countless different electronic doo-dads and such. Resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, TTL chips… just so much crap.

It’s been really really fun though and holy crap have I learned a lot :)

Oh hell yeah! That's awesome!

Did you upgrade your 1054 to an 1154 yet? :filez:

Also how are you liking the vacuum desoldering station? Something like that has been really high up on my wishlist for awhile, I can never get copper braid & flux to work as quickly and cleanly as I want it to

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Dremel is always the right tool. Wear safety glasses.

For someone who doesn't have a garage or shed, is a Dremel still a good tool to own?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yep! I don't have a garage and my Dremel has never been in my shed.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Armauk posted:

For someone who doesn't have a garage or shed, is a Dremel still a good tool to own?

I rent a tiny apartment and have a small battery powered dremel for anytime something has too much mass. It’s a fantastic tool to own.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought the Nerf Aliens pulse rifle because I am a child.

Gonna repaint it, of course.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Rolo posted:

I rent a tiny apartment and have a small battery powered dremel for anytime something has too much mass. It’s a fantastic tool to own.

What have you used it for in your apartment specifically?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
A corded Dremel 4000 was the first power tool I bought and I've had it since it came out in like 2009. I think I probably own almost every accessory for it at this point. A Dremel is almost never the best tool for the job, but it's usually good enough!

I still have it up on a shelf in the garage. I now mostly use the Milwaukee M12 rotary tool which has the benefit of being battery powered, and has the same collet size and plastic threading as the Dremel 4000, so I can use all my accessories with it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Armauk posted:

What have you used it for in your apartment specifically?

“Fixing” a trash can lid, “fixing” my car bumper, using a sanding attachment to sand some wood.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Armauk posted:

I'd say so. If you have a hobby that includes tinkering with anything they're great for getting out pins, stripped screws and shaping little bits of metal. Most recently I made this monstrosity and used the Dremel to get then pin out so I could remove the original blade of the knife.

It's a dual bladed cutter for cutting out equal strips of paper/cardboard.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Megabound posted:

I'd say so. If you have a hobby that includes tinkering with anything they're great for getting out pins, stripped screws and shaping little bits of metal. Most recently I made this monstrosity and used the Dremel to get then pin out so I could remove the original blade of the knife.
extremely cursed

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:nms: tag that you monster

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Buddy I've got 3 more Opinels just lying about, don't make me get out the dremel

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They let you keep the dremel in prison?!

Most recently I used mine to cut out a larger opening in the inverter so it could fit a universal plug rather than the US one it came with

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Megabound posted:

It's a dual bladed cutter for cutting out equal strips of paper/cardboard.

:dafuq:

and a thing I bought

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ArmZ posted:

:dafuq:

and a thing I bought

Here's why :dafaq: and a better picture

Every single black line there is cut out and they all need to be even to make this

So I can fix a camera.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Neat but also even more cursed than I thought

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Ok ok ok, let’s all calm down lol

2 questions mr:
Why the need for the double blade? Those likes look like single blade cuts
Why in the name of all that is not terrible would the razor blade go halfway down the handle????!!!!

I’m imagining myself leaving blood on the table for the awful crime of simply picking it up

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

That's how you keep people from messing with your tools. Its hard to tell from the pic but it looks like they have cut a narrow strip out of the sheet, presumably that needs to be a specific and constant width.
I don't know anything about cameras or fixing them but those posts have definitely caught my interest.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

The bellows (looks like for a large format camera) needs to collapse down so they fit inside the camera when it's closed. But it also needs to be sturdy. So it's made with opaque vinyl/leather and card backing. The grooves in the card is so it'll fold better.
There's a large-/medium-format phototgraphy-thread in the Dorkroom if you want to look at some neat photos/cameras.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

namlosh posted:

Ok ok ok, let’s all calm down lol

2 questions mr:
Why the need for the double blade? Those likes look like single blade cuts
Why in the name of all that is not terrible would the razor blade go halfway down the handle????!!!!

I’m imagining myself leaving blood on the table for the awful crime of simply picking it up

I made a post about making the bellows in a different thread if you're interested in the whole process, which makes the double blade use more clear. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868955&pagenumber=6&perpage=40&userid=0#post529050091

The blade goes halfway down the handle because that's the blade I had and that's how far it stuck out. No blood was drawn while using the knife and I'm as surprised as you are. I will probably wrap it with electrical tape next time I use it but it wasn't an issue for how I held it while using it.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Jan 16, 2023

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

In fact I used my Dremel again today, this time it was because some numpty was in this shutter before me and completely mangled a brass screw so I used it to cut a new slot for the screwdriver. Worked a treat. This is for repairing the same camera that needs the bellows.

Anyway buy a Dremel, they're very useful!

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Someone else posted this a few pages ago, but I will reiterate: if you get a Dremel also buy (and wear!) safety glasses. They are seriously powerful for how small they are and you don't want a sliver of something being fired at high speed into your eyeball

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

owl_pellet posted:

Someone else posted this a few pages ago, but I will reiterate: if you get a Dremel also buy (and wear!) safety glasses. They are seriously powerful for how small they are and you don't want a sliver of something being fired at high speed into your eyeball
It's a good point! I use these goggles over my glasses:
https://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-DPG82-11-DPG82-11CTR-Concealer-Anti-Fog/dp/B01A12J3GI/

but these are better than nothing and they're like $4:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FPANVG/

Anything is better than nothing.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Just bought this for a horrendous price because I have to import it from the US and get a "luxury" 5 gallon bucket, because apparently there is no good (humane) mousetrap available in Europe. Discovered mice in my garage, damage I have discovered is actually pretty minor/doesn't affect important things, I hope it stays that way. Most upsetting is the fact that I have found droppings inside my motorcycle. I also discovered their nest, two mice came out from there. I decided not to clear it out for now in order to not give them any incentive to destroy more things in order to build a new one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SEKCobra posted:

I decided not to clear it out for now in order to not give them any incentive to destroy more things in order to build a new one.

Enjoy your electrical fire.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Enjoy your electrical fire.

Their nest is inside a box of motorcycle parts and they've shredded some cloth, it seems to me like the best place for them to remain until I can get them sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I bought this pillow and immediately after seeing it my stepdad also bought a pillow.