Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s just a word sports journalists use to pad their articles. It means nothing so it can’t be refuted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It means that Chelsea are in the CL and the others aren't

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dudley posted:

What exactly about the "Chelsea project" is going to appeal over the next 4 months?

"Not Simeone", one would assume

greazeball posted:

It means that Chelsea are in the CL and the others aren't

Chelsea were the only one willing to pay for him, so there aren't really any others.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dudley posted:

What exactly about the "Chelsea project" is going to appeal over the next 4 months?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

TheRat posted:

"Not Simeone", one would assume

Explains why the loan ends in the summer...

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone need a cut price Leandro Trossard.

https://twitter.com/CParkerTurner/status/1613942640512466946?s=20&t=zZQLpPvb4Zj4Ena1sQr7AQ

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are supposedly close to picking up the Ukrainian kid for £70m. Arsenal definitely do not have a good track record of picking up young wingers for that amount.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Agent Josy Comhair

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Agent Josy Comhair 2: Destination Chelsea

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I’d say Belges have to go to Leicester but that would involve us doing an actual transfer that isn’t a half price replacement of someone we just sold so sure, Chelsea

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1614016311599718401

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1614295153623146496

rut-roh

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Does Chelsea have any sort of plan ?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lomzus posted:

Buy lots of things

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

lomzus posted:

Do a racism, be awful on the field

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

can someone who knows something about the football please explain why this lad who has had *checks notes* 49 appearances and 9 goals in the ukrainian league is now worth three drogbas and a ballon d'or clause

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

can someone who knows something about the football please explain why this lad who has had *checks notes* 49 appearances and 9 goals in the ukrainian league is now worth three drogbas and a ballon d'or clause

He’s young and seems to be scoring goals at a good clip this year, but also money laundering, corruption, and football being dead.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Chelsea are loving awful, just the worst example of throwing money around to buy success.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

At least Marina Granovskaia appeared to have some sort of a plan with the spending

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TheRat posted:

At least Marina Granovskaia appeared to have some sort of a plan with the spending

I'm squinting and remembering Mateja Kezman and Damien Duff

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm squinting and remembering Mateja Kezman and Damien Duff

Hey, I didn't say the plan was flawless

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The Ornacle weighs in

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1614314203321352194?t=VX8TpIXDf-_4au4aREUX7A&s=19

Honestly for that kind of money Arsenal could probably do a more thorough reinforcement. Can always pick him up for less in the summer when Chelsea finish in the bottom half.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Call me crazy but I don't think this is the career of a 100m player

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Call me crazy but I don't think this is the career of a 100m player

You say that, but https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1614316975999664128?s=46&t=CC_q2W3QyUYRWedYhUWr0g

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The man is 22, still young sure but this is an absurd sum for what are solid but not ludicrous numbers in the Ukrainian league. If he was like 16 I would almost get it.

Like, Haaland at Salzburg was getting hat-tricks left and right in Austria and scoring against larger teams in the CL at age 19 and was only valued at around €50mil at the time (and actually went for only €20m due to release clause).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They should go for it. As an Arsenal fan I was already lolling at the insane fee for an Ukrainian league one-season-wonder.

Get a Trossard instead. Better yet, buy a central midfielder since that position has by far the most dire lack of depth. Mac Allister would be massive. Picking off Tielemans before the summer scramble wouldn’t be half bad either.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Honestly for that kind of money Arsenal could probably do a more thorough reinforcement. Can always pick him up for less in the summer when Chelsea finish in the bottom half.

:hmmyes:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Once his price tag went over 60 mil I was hoping Arsenal wouldn't get him. Why spunk 100 mil on a player that's never done it it a big league, that would be replacing our already amazing wingers because you can't just sit a player of that value on the bench and not look like idiots unless you're Man City. Arsenal need rotation and squad depth but 100 million on a single player isn't it. Get two quality players for 50 if you're spending that much.

And if he turns out to be the next big thing there's no way he's staying at Chelsea anyway.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I get your point, but getting a quality attacker for 50mil these days is borderline black magic

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn’t La Liga in poverty now. Just poach some mid-table team’s best player for £10m. Hell that gave us Cazorla and look how that turned out.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Look at what Atleti valued a loan at lol, they're hardly doing brilliantly

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

TheRat posted:

I get your point, but getting a quality attacker for 50mil these days is borderline black magic

Only if you need tried and tested quality, which I would argue is the opposite of Mudryk. If you go with risky purchases you can get players for loads cheaper. Brighton only paid like €3m for Mitoma though he was put on loan for a year before they started playing him.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

Well yeah but I don't think Arsenal need a "quality" attacker. Meaning once Jesus is back everyone in attack is I think irreplaceable from the starting 11 and "quality" to me means a player who will be the starter for their position. Arsenal really needs players of Tielemens level where they are good but they're at a level where they'd accept they'd be rotated in and out and plus won't break the bank.

Basically we just need players who can do a decent job for the odd game or two while say Saka gets a break. Your James Milner types. The position we should be throwing the money at I'd argue is someone to take over from Xhaka who I love but I think a proper quality 100 mil signing would take us over the edge.

So Bellingham to Arsenal.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vegetable posted:

They should go for it. As an Arsenal fan I was already lolling at the insane fee for an Ukrainian league one-season-wonder.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I agree arsenal need a Milner more than a Pepe type player atm. Just wish there was some chatter about something like that being in the works…better yet just announcing a Done Deal (tm)

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/bhavss14/status/1614319669275410433

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Lol he's a big fish in the Ukrainian league he'd twerk for any big club that showed interest and only Arsenal for a hot minute were seriously on his tail.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I love me a good transfer hijack. Seems like a bit of an insane move for Chelsea, though.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

€100m can't be far off the price for Bellingham?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They've been talking about 150m for a while, but who knows