Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Oh, before long Sony will have at least that many remakes for the PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least they are already working on a PS5 remake of the PS5

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

In primary school we called this configuration "Chinese Sega/Nintendo" because all the Asian kids had game genies and pirate adaptors.

E: not looking to offend or be edgy, the image just reminded me lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Irish Catholic parent: you can only have one game because they're too expensive

Vietnamese Catholic parent: here's some illegal widget with a million games on it that I got from a computer swap-meet enjoy

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 14, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The tower of power...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You can. Bust out that experience orb, my brother!

But what if I use all my points and I want to level up another character??? I only have 3 million exp to use, what if it's not enough!?? :ohdear: haha

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

I've come around on the benefits of physical over digital, but now I'm taking it a step further. Stay digital on hacked hardware. A console isn't complete until it's softmodded 👍

also this. looking fondly at my day 1 wii with a usb sticking out of its rear end. eyes winking at the day 1 switch thats gonna get the same treatment soon.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i will say, and this is probably a me thing, i get a unique dopamine rush after completing a game that's 80-100GB, ejecting the disc, deleting the install, and shelving the box

it's like crossing a threshold and i feel lighter than air :holy:

did this with ME trilogy recently, second i saw the credits and the plats all popped. it was like when you wake up in the morning feeling groggy as gently caress but after going number 2 you feel refreshed and awake and ready to take on the day

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m just about to start Chrono Trigger again lol

you know... theres another jrpg with chrono in its name you could also play, in this, the year of our JRPG.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well that's Chorvs beaten, fun game maybe slightly too long for the amount of variety in it and it would have been nice to get the final power up more than 10 minutes before the last mission lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this is what they took from us. never forget.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

holy poo poo this Infinite Warfare mission is actually pretty loving Outer Wilds-y hahaha

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The one on the asteroid close to the sun?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That's the one. I think imma be sick.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Infinite Warfare was a really cool and good CoD. Has some real memorable setpieces and missions, and even a cool story.

lol at the Lewis Hamilton cameo though

Is the MW2 remake any good if I don't care about multiplayer? I heard it has top notch gun mechanics/feel. Worth the money for the single player?

e: which reminds me I should replay the first MW3 mission. The landing in Hamburg Hafen was cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd play all the cod campaigns if they sold them for $30 without mp. Because they don't do that I haven't played a cod since modern warfare 2 the first time they released it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
MW2 has excellent haptics and shooting my fellow man feels good. But I only play Warzone 2.0 against bots and players in DMZ mode.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't really like the new Cold War or MW2 2022 singleplayer. The multiplayer in the new one is amazing though. Haven't played Vanguard.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Nuts and Gum posted:

These are some weird ways of coping with the lack of quick resume.

Quick Resume seems pretty pointless when games load up as fast as they do.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d like multi-game quick resume to be a thing on PS5, but it’s way down near the bottom on the list of things I’d like if they were going to improve the console OS in any meaningful way.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Well, finished Valkyrie Profile. What a loving incredible game. Simply astounding. I have so much to say about it but perhaps I'll save it for another post. After I finished I put my headphones on and immediately started listening through the soundtrack while doing some chores. Motoi Sakuraba's score is absolutely sublime.

To a World Becoming Impure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNpQg2KLLc

Night to the Twilight of Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTe0QYHaoc

The 'Unfinished Battle with God' Syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnDDTg_xqhs

At the Bottom of Hell is Distortion :black101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXEcT7k5L4

Originating from Chaos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFoCRMYBG5E

Like Becoming Accustomed to Happiness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGUsjOrpk0c

Year of the JRPG starting off with an absolute banger! What's next??

Veeg, idk where Valkyrie Profile is on your list but it needs to be bumped to the top asap. A must play this year

:black101::greenangel::black101:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FireWorksWell posted:

Quick Resume seems pretty pointless when games load up as fast as they do.

Everyone says this until they actually use it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I’ve used it. it’s nice but not that big of a deal unless you’re constantly switching between a handful of games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't use it because I'm a freak who likes the act of starting games

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It would be much more desirable if we were still getting last-gen load times across the board, but it’s still a neat feature.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

tuo posted:

Is the MW2 remake any good if I don't care about multiplayer? I heard it has top notch gun mechanics/feel. Worth the money for the single player?

MW2 2022 has two of the best levels ever featured in any Call of Duty single-player campaign, outside of that it's fairly unmemorable.

EDIT: Didn't consider you maybe were talking about the actual MW2 remaster. It's pretty good; looks good, plays well, decent amount of quality of life additions that the series has built up since MW2's original release.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 14, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tuo posted:

Infinite Warfare was a really cool and good CoD. Has some real memorable setpieces and missions, and even a cool story.

lol at the Lewis Hamilton cameo though

e: which reminds me I should replay the first MW3 mission. The landing in Hamburg Hafen was cool.

If you are talking about the actual remake/remaster of MW2 it's the same game but it looks really nice now with some punched up feeling mechanics. If you are talking about the new one which is more of a reboot and a different game yeah it's fun. Looks really nice and plays good, but just as far as campaigns are concerned I liked MW 2019 better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Namnesor posted:

MW2 2022 has two of the best levels ever featured in any Call of Duty single-player campaign, outside of that it's fairly unmemorable.

is it better than the island resort in blops2 with the dubstep shootout

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is it better than the island resort in blops2 with the dubstep shootout

It's been long enough since I've played BLOPS2 that I don't remember the level well enough to comment! Might have to reinstall to find out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

New extreme grain of salt leak (everything in this list is real either through devs talking about it or via geforce leak list, its just if we are gonna get a big presentation in feb about it all is the grain of salt, its come from a translation company who got the gig to translate the show)

Ff 35th presentation feb 7th

Total runtime: 1h 24m

Opening:
Final Fantasy History Presentation

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster - Promotional Video
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - Promotional Video
Hironobu Sakaguchi Presents: Final Fantasy IX Remake (This Fall)
World of Final Fantasy II: A Mog of Light (May 19th 2023)
Stories from Ivalice: War of the Lions (Summer 2023)
Final Fantasy X-3 (Now In Development)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Memories (Winter)
Final Fantasy XVI - Focal Presentation Announcement (March 24th 2023)

Final Fantasy Online:
Final Fantasy XI/Final Fantasy XIV Subscription Unity Project (This Fall)
Final Fantasy XI Beginnings Rework Project (This Fall)
Naoki Yoshida: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Anniversary

Final Fantasy Mobile:
Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis Closed Beta Test (August 8th 2023)
Final Fantasy: Dissidia Opera Omnia JP - Zenos Trailer
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Promotional Video

Additional:
Tetsuya Nomura Presents: Final Fantasy Memoria
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - OST (Spotify/YouTube) Release (April 3rd 2023)
Final Fantasy: Chiptunes Album (Summer 2023)
Final Fantasy Square Enix Store Sale
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:
Yosuke Matsuda: Remarks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

I'd play all the cod campaigns if they sold them for $30 without mp. Because they don't do that I haven't played a cod since modern warfare 2 the first time they released it.

Imo since Activision almost actively doesn't want people playing older CODs, because they want people spending money on MTX in the whatever the new one is, they should do some sort of multiple campaign collection thing. It sucks that the campaigns are gated behind packages that Activision doesn't like putting on sale. People wanting to play single player has no effect on their current cashflow and they should give people a better option than paying $60 or having to buy it on Ebay/gamestop for a reasonable price. Just do all the MW games in a collection for like $30, then the same with Blops, and the future ones and the WW2 ones etc. Actually wouldn't be a bad way for them to make a bit of extra money.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

New extreme grain of salt leak (everything in this list is real either through devs talking about it or via geforce leak list, its just if we are gonna get a big presentation in feb about it all is the grain of salt, its come from a translation company who got the gig to translate the show)

Opening:

Final Fantasy:

Final Fantasy Online:

Final Fantasy Mobile:

Additional:
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:

Bullshit on X-3 lol. The rest seems plausible.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

veni veni veni posted:

Imo since Activision almost actively doesn't want people playing older CODs, because they want people spending money on MTX in the whatever the new one is, they should do some sort of multiple campaign collection thing. It sucks that the campaigns are gated behind packages that Activision doesn't like putting on sale. People wanting to play single player has no effect on their current cashflow and they should give people a better option than paying $60 or having to buy it on Ebay/gamestop for a reasonable price. Just do all the MW games in a collection for like $30, then the same with Blops, and the future ones and the WW2 ones etc. Actually wouldn't be a bad way for them to make a bit of extra money.

As someone with no interest in CoD multiplayer, I would love this. That being said, Activision will never do it; multiplay will always be a part of any purchase because they want the temptation to be there.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FFX-3 sounds like extreme bullshit lol

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Vikar Jerome posted:

Opening:

Final Fantasy:

Final Fantasy Online:

Final Fantasy Mobile:

Additional:
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:

No Secret of Evermore, no deal!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Opening:

Final Fantasy:

Final Fantasy Online:

Final Fantasy Mobile:

Additional:
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:

:peanut: year of the jrpg :peanut:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Skeezy posted:

FFX-3 sounds like extreme bullshit lol

Its not the first time I've heard mention of it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're not shipping a still-unannounced FFIX remake this fall, lmao. Fake as poo poo

e: even if it's real, it's way less substantial than people would want

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I’m surprised they put so much effort into the campaigns in the first place because everybody I know who buys COD every year is all multiplayer all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I dunno they did it with the original Modern Warfare 2. I think they freaked out a bit after including MP in the Modern Warfare 1 remaster and people started playing that again. That was before COD had any MTX though I think but they were still interested in selling map packs for Infinite Warfare at the time. There's really no temptation to sell full version of the older games because they weren't really monetized any sort of modern way until... Black Ops 4 I wanna say?

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m surprised they put so much effort into the campaigns in the first place because everybody I know who buys COD every year is all multiplayer all the time

I think like 85% of COD players don't touch SP, but 15% of COD players is still a lot of people and regardless people were super pissed when they didn't include a campaign in BLOPS4. But yeah it is sort of surprising they are still such high effort/budget affairs when the average player just deletes the campaign immediately so they can start unlocking gun skins. There is still people that still buy them just play the campaign though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 14, 2023