Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Ukraine has won, Zelensky is in the Kremlin, and the Strategic Missile Forces headquarters is occupied by Kraken and Azov...

... Ukrainians go home quietly to grow Kherson watermelons

...The question of reparations from the EU for insufficient military and political aid is raised

... Canada is native Ukrainian land, and the U.S. is just a bunch of gutless faggots ...

...WAAAGH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

genetics should be banned. horrible science

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jazerus posted:

why's it always eastern europe that draws takes out of cspammers that are indistinguishable from 4chan posts

gently caress off with the ironic racism that's been on the last few pages imo, it sucks, it's lazy on a level where it would suck even if you were making fun of the british which is impressively bad

Jazerus posted:

the subject of the thread is in eastern europe, i'm aware finns aren't in that cultural sphere

it's not really about whether a finn would be offended, it's just exactly what you said - boring. it's indistinguishable from a Gamer discord or whatever unflattering comparison you want to make to the rest of the internet. it sucks.

can you quote exactly which ironic racist 4chan Gamer posts you are talking about please

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

:(

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
finnrenology

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/OCanonist/status/1613840607595884544

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

looks like someone poo poo on a map

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius posted:

what are youur thoughts on measuring and cataloging the sciences by the shapes of their skulls

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It will never cease to bewilder me how people all over the world love killing people who live 10 miles from them because they think they're a different species

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what are youur thoughts on measuring and cataloging the sciences by the shapes of their skulls

I just said they should be banned !!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what the hell is a finn anyways? a type of dog?

youre thinking of a different thing

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah i didn't use rump state correctly, i just meant it's going to be somehow in a worse state than Latvia, a country of dog people (people who are dogs)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
From experience I can say Latvians take their Latvia very seriously

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my wife’s 23 and me came back and she’s partially Lithuanian !!!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

This was a finn

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

It will never cease to bewilder me how people all over the world love killing people who live 10 miles from them because they think they're a different species

We are no different from the ants. No... we are far worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43wzP6A1CM

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

now thats a spicy race a science !

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

when youre at a hgating euros competition and your opponent is Regarde Aduck

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

can you quote exactly which ironic racist 4chan Gamer posts you are talking about please

it was the reindeer rape post

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

euphronius posted:

goongrats

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Slavvy posted:

Why does everyone who tries to troll this thread have such a warped idea of what they're doing and where and to whom? It's weird, I can't tell if the subject matter is a magnet for extremely inefficient clueless trolls or if they truly don't get it and genuinely think this stuff pushes buttons

A lone soldier in the old timey flat British helmet going over the top, charging across the battlefield, getting pummeled and eventually buried by a barrage of multicolored wiffle balls that just say "lol" and "lmao"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

they said "last few pages" so i think thie response might be really funny

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Staltran posted:

Is this about the ironic anti-Finnish racism? Because I'm Finnish and pretty sure most people here would be more offended by (apparently non-ironically) calling us eastern european than most of the ironic racism. Actually I think you managed to offend some nationalist part of my lizard brain, unlike all the no-effort ironic racism which was just boring, which is pretty funny whether you did that on purpose or not

i mean its northeastern european for sure

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

if i worked at 23 and me id do fun bits like make all the turkish results come back as greek, and vice versa

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
helenski can't be across a lake from estonia and you're gonna tell me you're actually a totally different european. cmon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

croat crying because his results came back as serbian

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sad day for British tankies.

Britain Announces It Will Send Tanks To Ukraine - Jan 14

quote:

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has informed Kyiv that Britain intends to send main battle tanks and artillery support to aid Ukraine's war effort against invading Russian forces.

Sunak discussed Britain's plans during a phone call with Ukrainian President Volodomy Zelenskiy on January 14, according to a spokesperson for the prime minister's office.

"The prime minister outlined the U.K.'s ambition to intensify our support to Ukraine, including through the provision of Challenger 2 tanks and additional artillery systems," the spokesperson said.

The Russian Embassy in London condemned the government's decision, saying that sending British tanks to Ukraine would only "intensify combat operations" and that "one really cannot put out a fire with petrol."

Sunak told reporters earlier this week that he had asked Defense Secretary Ben Wallace to go "further and faster with our support for Ukraine, including the provision of tanks." It would mark the first time Britain has supplied heavy armor to Kyiv following Russia's all-out invasion in February.

British Defense Ministry officials have said an official announcement to send up to 12 main battle tanks to Ukraine will be announced at a meeting of Ukrainian donor countries in Germany on January 20.

Reports citing British government sources said four Challenger 2 tanks will be sent immediately, with another eight to follow shortly.

The provision of tanks by countries supporting Ukraine is a contentious topic. Officials in Kyiv have consistently lobbied for modern tanks, but many Western governments were reluctant until recently to fulfill the request out of concerns that doing so could escalate tensions with Moscow.

That thinking appears to have changed with news that multiple NATO countries are now willing to provide modern tanks.

On January 11, NATO member Poland said it was willing to send German-made Leopard tanks to Kyiv "within the framework of an international coalition."

The move by Warsaw, which said it fears it is the "next target" on Russia's invasion list, was intended to put pressure on other NATO members to follow suit.

Finland, which is seeking NATO membership, responded promptly by giving its cautious approval on January 12 to sending Leopard 2 tanks to Kyiv.

Germany, which can veto transfers of exported weapons to third countries, has come under criticism for not sending tanks to Ukraine.

Commitments by other NATO states to provide tanks would make it more difficult for Berlin to stand by its argument that it does not want to be alone in providing Kyiv with tanks.

On January 6, German Vice Chancellor Robert Habeck said Berlin plans to send about 40 Marder infantry fighting vehicles to Ukraine before March as part of a new weapons package.

But just days after the announcement, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba pressed his visiting German counterpart Annalena Baerbock to send tanks, telling Baerbock that the "longer it takes to make the decision, the more people will die."

Vice Chancellor Habeck said after the Polish announcement that Berlin would not prevent Warsaw from exporting Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

Germany said that as of January 13 it had not yet received an official request from Finland or Poland to re-export Leopard tanks.

French officials said last week that they plan to deliver about 40 AMX-10 RC wheeled combat tanks to Ukraine in two months' time.

The French decision, first announced on January 5, was followed by Germany's commitment to send Marder infantry fighting vehicles and a pledge by the United States to send armored Bradley Fighting Vehicles, which can serve as a troop carrier.

Ukraine has received hundreds of modernized versions of the Soviet-era T-72 tank from European and NATO allies like the Czech Republic and Poland since Russia's unprovoked invasion 11 months ago.

But Kyiv has received nothing comparable to the advanced Leopard 2 or Challenger 2, each of which fire highly specific munitions, including 120-millimeter shells.

Britain's Challenger 2 is a battle tank designed to take out opposing tanks, while Germany's Leopard 2 is a main battle tank used extensively by NATO countries.

https://www.rferl.org/a/britain-kyiv-send-tanks-ukraine/32223386.html

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

speng31b posted:

this

i haven't followed this thread in a few days and going back ~10 pages and skimming i didn't see anything else that crossed a line. i probably could have worded my initial post better considering that, but there have been other weird posts about baltic people in this thread in the past like the latvian dogs one so i thought i'd post about it instead of just hitting the probation button and moving on

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

helenski can't be across a lake from estonia and you're gonna tell me you're actually a totally different european. cmon

that lake divided people for a very long time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I'll give him credit, he didn't blame the Jews.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
people swim the english channel but it also allowed britain to not get owned by napoleon, the march of history's a bitch

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if i worked at 23 and me id do fun bits like make all the turkish results come back as greek, and vice versa

they might be doing this

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

Basically Vietnam and the GWOT massively expanded their role, for reasons unrelated to them being solid light infantry.

I mean, JTF-2, now CSOR and CANSOFCOM very quickly and dramatically changed from 20 guys trained to rescue the Turkish Ambassador if Kurds stormed the embassy here again, to this giant thing. They have different uniforms in garrison. At public events they now say “Soldiers, Sailors, Aviators and Operators”.

lol the canadian special forces are called CANS OF CUM

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
theres st petersburg right there. you can just walk around. just take a walk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jazerus posted:

i haven't followed this thread in a few days and going back ~10 pages and skimming i didn't see anything else that crossed a line. i probably could have worded my initial post better considering that, but there have been other weird posts about baltic people in this thread in the past like the latvian dogs one so i thought i'd post about it instead of just hitting the probation button and moving on

🙄

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
the reindeer post deserved buttons

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

iirc the consumer test ethnicity stuff is highly bullshitted outside of some of the western european "ethnicities" which are determined by whoever is living in that corresponding nation today. also they have gently caress all data for people who are not white and living in certain parts of europe. it's a bullshit essentialist concept to start with but even the results are generated from a bullshit methodology. so they're already mixing up the results - no need to interfere.

also wasn't ancestry.com founded by two BYU guys to facilitate getting geneological records for uh, baptism of the dead? seems kinda buried but i definitely remember something about that.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jazerus posted:

this

thank you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

iirc the consumer test ethnicity stuff is highly bullshitted outside of some of the western european "ethnicities" which are determined by whoever is living in that corresponding nation today. also they have gently caress all data for people who are not white and living in certain parts of europe. it's a bullshit essentialist concept to start with but even the results are generated from a bullshit methodology. so they're already mixing up the results - no need to interfere.

also wasn't ancestry.com founded by two BYU guys to facilitate getting geneological records for uh, baptism of the dead? seems kinda buried but i definitely remember something about that.

I’d say its somewhat accurate for me cause it was always said we came from Morea and Thessaloniki