Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's simply another axis.

...but is it art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's-a-melion 3.0: You Can (Not) Remario

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We don’t-a use slurs like-a R*mario here. User loses posting-a privileges a-for 6 hours

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Heath posted:

is Mario the Wario to Remario or does Remario have his own Rewario. but then that implies that Rewario is Wario's own Wario. this is all very puzzling

These questions are illegal. Don't think about them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's-a-melion 3.0: You Can (Not) Remario

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We don’t-a use slurs like-a R*mario here. User loses posting-a privileges a-for 6 hours

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
mario gets closer to the screen when he gets a mushroom but remario gets further away. thats just how hosed in the head he is

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

mario gets closer to the screen when he gets a mushroom but remario gets further away. thats just how hosed in the head he is

I was born with a shroom in my brain
Fungus in the head
King Koopa said my overalls should be red
Till one night he snuck in and said
"We're going out back, the pipe to special zone's in the shed"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nicest plumber you’ll ever meet

Twisted loving goomba stomper

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

other people posted:

I loving hate nintendo. Their online poo poo is so loving basic and frustrating.

I have a family account set up on our SWITCH OLED. My kid wants a separate profile so he can win clothes and poo poo on wii sports. Fine. So I went to the nintendo website and logged in as myself and created a new child account from within my account. Great.

Now how the gently caress do I get this child account to appear on the switch???

I am actually reading the manual: https://en-americas-support.nintend...1a1EP:t1-q1a1-c

But on our switch when I go to Settings->Users the only options are Add User and Transfer Your User. The transfer option is useless and the Add User option only allows me to create a new user OR transfer a user from a previous switch. I've tried the transfer option but it complains that my kid's account has never been associated with a switch before so it isn't transferrable.

I'm a complete failure of a father but usually I am at least competent with this tech poo poo. Oh well nintendo has broken me.

edit: Oh you use Add User to create a new user on the switch and then link it to the child account. Clear as loving day. gently caress you nintendo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

lol at this and the goon whose kids were scared of the ai opponents in super mario party and wanted an option to turn the ai off lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at this and the goon whose kids were scared of the ai opponents in super mario party and wanted an option to turn the ai off lol

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

loser-rear end kids. talk about failing as a father

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"are you crying, dad? are you crying about Nintendo?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Didn’t know DSP had kids

copy
Jul 26, 2007

rat frenzy rear end posting

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i was looking for the post about kids being scared of ai wario but found this instead lol

GreatGreen posted:

I played the new Mario Party game last night.

For some context, I'm trying to get :smug: ~*~my wife~*~ :smug: into video games so I thought this could be a good game for that. I've never played it but I know people who have and they recommended it as an obvious choice for a lighthearted party kind of thing. We set it up so it was her and me against two CPU players set on Easy just to mess around. Started playing on Yoshi's island or whatever the level is called.

We were having a great time right up until the very end of the game. In the board game, there's a mechanic that can randomly swap all stars and coins between any two random players. Not either stars or coins, but "Player A gives all of their stars and all of their coins to Player B in exchange for all of Player B's stars and coins. Two turns before the end of the game, where my wife and I had both earned a good amount of stars and coins as I was helping her out with mini games and figuring stuff out, and we were kind of clobering the CPU characters, this happened to my wife. A CPU character landed on a special event spot where that character has to roll to determine two random characters to swap a random collection of their resources. The dice was rolled and boom. The situation was Character C landed on that spot and rolled dice such that that my wife's character had to trade all of her stars and coins (like, 3 stars and 90 coins) with CPU character D, who had played the whole game poorly and had literally 0 stars and like 3 coins... two turns before the game ended, leaving my wife's character coinless and starless, and the "Easy" CPU character sitting with tons of resources.

Can anybody explain to me how this mechanic doesn't invalidate literally the entire game?

At that stage of the game, you're literally trading your entire game's progress with somebody else. It's not even internally consistent. What is the point of even having a board game format that tracks stars and coins and whatever else at all if there's a mechanic that just randomly swaps literally every resource owned by one character with another character with literally nothing either character can do to influence it? So you spend the entire game playing well and racking up points and there's only one or two turns left in the game? Guess what? gently caress you! This other character landed on a spot so now everything you have done for the entire game goes to that other character who sucked at everything and has nothing, and there's nothing you can do about it, and you have no time to make up any of it. Have a great day!

So I'm honestly asking, why does the board game part of Mario Party exist at all if it's just chaos and nothing matters and anybody's points can go to anybody else at any time because gently caress you? I realize I'm getting more annoyed than I should but I was excited to be able to play video games with my wife, and I think this poo poo has put her off them for a good while, and I don't blame her. Why would anybody play any game with a "progress" system if out of nowhere, without warning beforehand, it can just be completely invalidated at any time with no ability to influence it?

So, yeah. Sorry for blowing up, but based on this event alone I'm saying the game sucks, is bullshit, and shouldn't be played by anybody.

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i landed on the special event spot and now my marriage progress and wife have been transferred to someone else...

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i was looking for the post about kids being scared of ai wario but found this instead lol

Games is unsalvageable

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmfao getting to "Can anybody explain to me how this mechanic doesn't invalidate literally the entire game?" and then yelling "gently caress you!" like tude at a taco bell drive through

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i landed on the special event spot and now my marriage progress and wife have been transferred to someone else...

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

[Borat voice] mah waife...changed the locks on me while i was wrangling a refund from Gamestop

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've had more than one online game of Mario Party Superstars where one of the people playing legit ragequit and disconnected because some upset or another happened.

I cannot possibly fathom how you could take Mario Party that seriously. The whole point is that anything can and usually does happen. Like, roll with the punches ffs. Embrace the chaos.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lol again but if someone did that poo poo to me in mario party im going to violently murder them for real

----------------

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For those wondering: no, after over 10 days @NintendoAmerica has still not contacted me with a resolution on how they are going to make up for this unwinnable game they served me on September 5. I e-mailed them back a third time tonight bc the franchisee still hasn't reached out! Wow.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For those wondering: no, after over 10 days @NintendoAmerica has still not contacted me with a resolution on how they are going to make up for this unwinnable game they served me on September 5. I e-mailed them back a third time tonight bc the franchisee still hasn't reached out! Wow.

lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Once a mild-mannered liberal, New York City architect Paul Kersey (Charles Bronson) snaps when intruders break into his home, stealing his wife’s (Hope Lange) stars and coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------