Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tomberforce posted:

Touchscreen controls in cars absolutely need to gently caress off though. Tactile control is important when you need to concentrate on driving.

You don't need to concentrate on driving though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This explains so much...

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tomberforce posted:

This explains so much...

He's too busy thinking about his ORG4SM number plate

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You do if you're hauling a job-lot of dimensional lumber projecting 2 metres behind your exploding robot car

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Laura Kuenssberg: img-LauraKuenssberg.png By Laura Kuenssberg, Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that she looks more like the leader of the labour party than keith lol.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

And those Cupra EVs seemed really popular when I was in Barcelona over the summer. Or at least, they were being advertised to gently caress. The music festival I was at had a big Cupra stage

What's up Primavera pal

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

What's up Primavera pal

:respek: stay hydrated!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah I wonder why someone might buy the third best selling car in the uk this year. Sad that people here are still desperately trying to cling to the narrative that they are bad.

Tesla is 11th best selling, I don't think a model was mentioned https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/. Market share 3% up from 2% to be fair

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Royal mail seem kinda hosed with the ransomware attack https://www.ft.com/content/2ab26050-6b17-4b10-96d1-faeb664f4501

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

elbkaida posted:

Tesla is 11th best selling, I don't think a model was mentioned https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/. Market share 3% up from 2% to be fair

The Tesla model Y was, narrowly, the third best selling car in the UK in 2022.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

:respek: stay hydrated!

Easier said than done with the queues!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

NotJustANumber99 posted:

And people voted the tories in.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WRQ8HT_WA

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can't say I've seen many of them out and about.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

And people voted the tories in.

Yeah cos under Corbyn we'd each be allocated our one quarter share in the state mandated allowable automobile, the people's jeremobile (rebadged fiat 124).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah cos under Corbyn we'd each be allocated our one quarter share in the state mandated allowable automobile, the people's jeremobile (rebadged fiat 124).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh man imagine not having to own a car and just being able to use the state one when you needed it, lush.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Oh man imagine not having to own a car and just being able to use the state one when you needed it, lush.

It's called the bus

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Actually Elon has this covered, the Twitter debacle has resulted in some cost cutting measures for the 2023 models.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212062315847

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

That's the homer simpson car and you can't convince me otherwise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's called the bus

Can't take installation equipment bigger than you are on the bus, unfortunately.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What if a subway, but just 1 car, it's an actual car, and it looks like a quake 2 level from the early 2000s.

And it still isn't self driving.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Can't take installation equipment bigger than you are on the bus, unfortunately.

I brought a 7ft Christmas tree on the bus once, nobody said poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

are you also 7ft

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

are you also 7ft

There's no shame in dating a woman who's taller than you.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bloody treehuggers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Take whatever you want on the bus it’s your bus

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Reminder that the Lada Riva was an incredibly popular car in the UK in the 80s, the UK just likes poo poo cars.

My family had a Lada 1500 (and after that a Samara) :ussr::hf::finland:

really though the design was developed by Italians for FIAT 124, a proper no-nonsense people's car from 1960's. Ladas were considered easy to service by anyone because there were few service stations in the USSR, also Soviet road network and climate meant that it was compatible with Finnish roads and winter. Build quality was just so and so, I remember the window crank handles easily falling apart.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

are you also 7ft

I'm 6'6", so all tall as many Xmas trees

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My grandparents had a Yugo 45 and it was the biggest piece of poo poo car I have ever experienced.

Even as a child I could tell it was a special thing.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

History Comes Inside! posted:

My grandparents had a Yugo 45 and it was the biggest piece of poo poo car I have ever experienced.

Even as a child I could tell it was a special thing.

It was my family's main car for a while. Milk got spilled on the back seats so it loving stank too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1614281823458033665

https://twitter.com/pauldegregorio/status/1614310391852535813

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
lol there's always more, and there's always worse exactly what you expected

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Can't believe Suella logged into the home office Twitter account to try to get a video of a thing that happened taken down.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I mean tbf that video is clearly heavily edited. I don't have the faintest iota of a doubt that Braverman still comes across appallingly in the full one, but as long as it's an edit then it's easy to dispute that it is a fair reflection of what happened.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

I mean tbf that video is clearly heavily edited. I don't have the faintest iota of a doubt that Braverman still comes across appallingly in the full one, but as long as it's an edit then it's easy to dispute that it is a fair reflection of what happened.

The full video has been posted in response and doesn’t really change the context any

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I don't see the point of this sort of ambush.
People who hate Braverman will keep hating Braverman; people who support her will keep supporting her. gently caress knows Sunak isn't going to fire her - the only reason you keep someone as abysmally stupid as Braverman in your government is because you don't have enough clout to get rid of her.

So this is basically performative. On both sides.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, what isn't performative, then? There are very few things that are not performative if you restrict it to mechanisms which directly remove members of the government from office, and the vast majority of them are illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Noxville posted:

The full video has been posted in response and doesn’t really change the context any

tyical liberal fake news monster pretending like in the real video the holocaust surviver was actually adolf hitler and suella braverman revealed her previously unknown jewish heritage