Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Some combination of Anemo, Geo, and 2 Dendro. No Reactions and Resonance is pointless as well.

Sanctum posted:

Honestly even Xiangling and Xingqiu are terrible early-game when you have no ER and no constellations. You cant maintain their bursts and have to wait on multiple skill rotations to get enough energy. Guoba isn't reliable for pyro application in the overworld and XQ's skill CD is hella long. They definitely are not ideal characters to recommend for the early game.

I reached AR45 with c0 Physchl / c0 Chongyun / c1 Bennett / c0 Barbara.

Noelle / Yun Jin / Thoma / Collei would be an aggressively bad team.

Back in the first couple months Crescent Pike was meta for a bit because it allowed Xiangling to do decent damage between Bursts. This is before everyone had good Artifacts and had figured out ER was the best Stat [until it isn't]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
I rolled a weird team on the standard banner recently. Mona / Rosaria / Lisa and Babs. Kinda tempted to run around with it a bit since I used to run a DPS Mona, but it would just be her and Ro carrying the other two.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Mona was my first 5* and using her autoattacks with Fischl felt PRETTY DEVASTATING at low adventurer levels!

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I think something like Nilou/Cyno/Xiao/Shenhe would be a maximally disappointing and aggravating to play 5* team. Two gimmick supports that can't pull off their gimmick, two burst DPSs with no battery, no shields, no healing, and no bows or catalysts so you need to get into melee range anyway.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Anemo Traveller, Sucrose, Candace, Gorou. Have fun applying hydro with Traveller's normal attacks and then swirling it for no damage.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The new the highest grossing banner on China IOS Raiden Shogun x Ayato. Its on pace to pass that double Ayaka banner and avoid the asterisk too. Crazy how many times thats changed in the last 6 months alone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Anemo Traveller, Sucrose, Candace, Gorou. Have fun applying hydro with Traveller's normal attacks and then swirling it for no damage.
hell, you could run vv on sucrose and heart of depth on traveler and get not completely terrible results, maybe

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kale posted:

The new the highest grossing banner on China IOS Raiden Shogun x Ayato. Its on pace to pass that double Ayaka banner and avoid the asterisk too. Crazy how many times thats changed in the last 6 months alone.

Never underestimate the power of an electric dommy mommy

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think we need some ground rules on building the worst team, such as the characters should be considered being built however would best benefit the team. This would mean most anemos would be out because VV adds alot of synergy to any team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think we need some ground rules on building the worst team, such as the characters should be considered being built however would best benefit the team. This would mean most anemos would be out because VV adds alot of synergy to any team.

vv doesnt help if the team is, say, faruzan/anemo traveler/gorou/collei

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Also, you can't ignore a character on the team. You have to use their skill in the rotation.

Xinyan/Amber/Collei/Kazuha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Also, you can't ignore a character on the team. You have to use their skill in the rotation.

stack em on amber, swirl pyro, keep enemies burning with collei + amber. youd do damage. not a lot but damage would exist.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The one weird trick for the Mondstadt talent domain that I used for awhile was just to bring Razor and normal attack the slimes to death. Don't need to cleanse the cooldown increase aura if you don't need cooldowns.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SiKboy posted:

I was thinking about how we always tell new people just starting the game not to stress too much about team composition unless you want to do the end of the spiral abyss, and how pretty much all the non-abyss content can be cleared with 4* characters (all of which is true and good advice), but it got me wondering;

Given access to all the characters currently in the game. what would be the absolute worst team you could build? Like an absolute anti-synergy team. And, related, whats the worst team you could build with at least one 5* character in it?

even with no synergy at all you could still kill most stuff outside the abyss just by soloing it with one character and ignoring 3/4ths of the team
the 'worst' team would just be a mono element team that can't deal with slimes/spectres/mages/other element-immune enemies without slowly physical-clicking them to death

something like yoimiya yanfei klee amber

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RLhCbVtjEg

Being Xiao is suffering. Even with Zhongli looking out for him, I don't know how he's stayed alive for so long. His burst drains so much of his health.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I'm still completely lost and having a great time. Some questions:
- Why is the thread tag drugs? :lol:
- Does server ping affect local gameplay?
- Were PC and mobile versioned developed concurrently, or was one created after launch?
- Who is this character?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Paimon is paimon

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RLhCbVtjEg

Being Xiao is suffering. Even with Zhongli looking out for him, I don't know how he's stayed alive for so long. His burst drains so much of his health.

Qiqi sorted it out. Many, many times.

Peteyfoot posted:

- Were PC and mobile versioned developed concurrently, or was one created after launch?
- Who is this character?

1. [shrug]
2. Badly
3. More or less
4. An annoying puppet

Also it may not be the worst team, but really, do try albedo/gorou/tighnari/dori. It sucks.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Peteyfoot posted:

- Who is this character?

That's not a character, it's materials for a five-star cooking buff.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It’s emergency rations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Peteyfoot posted:

- Who is this character?

ping does affect local gameplay
in addition to input lag there are also buggy interactions with some set effects

Th Echoes of an Offering artifact set has an effect that has X% chance to add Y damage to your attacks and then go on a 0.2s cooldown
but for some insane reason the cooldown is actually "0.2s + your ping" so it gets weaker the higher your ping is.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

To be fair that set is pretty mediocre even with good ping, so at least that one is not the biggest loss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Faruzan/Gorou/DMC/Eula

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for the informative and hilarious replies! haha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you have 100ish ping you should still be fine for most gameplay minus echoes (which isnt even that good on low ping) so i wouldnt worry about it unles you're regularly dipping into 150+

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Peteyfoot posted:

- Who is this character?

1) Gatcha is addiction akin to gambling in some people. Don't spend money on primos, it's never worth it I buy primos, come at me
2) Very rarely. The echos of an offering set has a bug(?) where ping effects its output. It's not a big deal becaue the set isn't that great otherwise. If you're having connection issues, you can tell by a delay in your attempts to switch your characters. Other than that, no, it doesn't really effect much outside of multiplayer, where you'll see people doing phantom movements and then vanish back to where they "actually" are.
3)They are concurrent. Both PC, mobile, and console were there at release, and both are updated at the same time.
4) That's Paimon!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I appreciate that they're putting furniture chests in some of these super-secret rooms across Sumeru; like the ones hidden in small tunnels running through the sides of the old vanarana tree you jump down. Gives you something unique for finding those hidden areas (even if nobody will ever see or care about my teapot furnishings.)

That well hidden chamber you unlock with those glinting components leads to a boring-rear end basement which is disappointing. At least Khaj-Nisut's secret throne room looks snazzy. :cool:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wondering if I found that room considering they all look pretty similar

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

I appreciate that they're putting furniture chests in some of these super-secret rooms across Sumeru; like the ones hidden in small tunnels running through the sides of the old vanarana tree you jump down. Gives you something unique for finding those hidden areas (even if nobody will ever see or care about my teapot furnishings.)

That well hidden chamber you unlock with those glinting components leads to a boring-rear end basement which is disappointing. At least Khaj-Nisut's secret throne room looks snazzy. :cool:

I hate that room, just because of the bullshit you need to do to leave.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

2) Very rarely. The echos of an offering set has a bug(?) where ping effects its output. It's not a big deal becaue the set isn't that great otherwise. If you're having connection issues, you can tell by a delay in your attempts to switch your characters. Other than that, no, it doesn't really effect much outside of multiplayer, where you'll see people doing phantom movements and then vanish back to where they "actually" are.

spoken like someone whose ping has never gone yellow, much less red.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

How can you not recognize your literal best friend Paimon

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

1) Gatcha is addiction akin to gambling in some people. Don't spend money on primos, it's never worth it I buy primos, come at me
3)They are concurrent. Both PC, mobile, and console were there at release, and both are updated at the same time.
4) That's Paimon!

Thanks for this response as well, I am learning a lot!

I started playing on a tablet and happened to be incredibly high when I first played on PC, so when I made it to Windrise and realized how big and detailed the world was, my mind shattered into a million pieces. That'll be a top three video games moment for me probably forever. :swoon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh well if you were high then that makes sense

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'd say you should probably get a refresher on the opening plot, but honestly even sober the prologue is like a whirlwind of names and terms that won't have any real meaning to you until you're like halfway through the second region's plot.

It's like getting bombarded with that dude's speech at the start of Skyrim, and you've never played an Elder Scrolls before.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Kazuha gathers, Collei plus either pyro makes burn, and then mostly attack with Xinyan. Spin to win when you have the stamina, swap out on burst cooldowns and to keep things gathered.

Kazuha's gathering makes him too good for this, and while I get the impulse to include Xinyan/Amber, the two of them grant pyro resonance and battery each other for burst spam, plus Xinyan isn't all that bad, just utterly outclassed in most things.

Like, as a physical dps she's pretty good, top three or four in the category easy. (It's a bad category.) People used to run Physical Keqing, and aside from not having half of superconduct she's way better than that. Plus she has a shield! (that can't be good at the same time as her attack.)

It's hard to think of a team that's absolutely horrible, but I feel like even before you give her resonance Xinyan solos well enough she can't be on it.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Xinyan is good at feeling bad, because you'll fight a lot of battles against one enemy where she won't get the full benefits for hitting multiple enemies at once.

If I was going to make the worst possible team, I'd want to exclude healing, shields, and good elemental synergy. I would leave out anyone I enjoyed the base mechanics for a lot, too. Or I would go mono-element, and be literally incapable of defeating many shielded enemies. Here is my pitch:

Aloy: Her skills are kinda cool, but you can never get a cool constellation buff for the foreseeable future.
Faruzan: She buffs anemo damage, but you don't have anyone else to give that buff too. The super moves in an awkward triangle that will make coordinating more challenging.
Kujou Sara: Another buffing character who I found awkward and unpleasant to play. This one actually does help out the others, tho.
Yanfei: I was tempted to put Kaeya here, but he gets a self-heal and can benefit from your awkward superconduct. Yanfei feels fun to play, but she will become significantly more frustrating without shields, heals, or turret skills to facilitate reactions.

I think I could still muddle through with this team. What mono-element team would have the worst time trying to actually complete Genshin? Anemo and Geo can eventually wear down most shields, so probably not them. Maybe ice? I think the wolf is immune to that. Mono lightning might have a real bad time with the raiden shogun boss.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Sara/Faruzan/Gouro/Amber

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Mono cryo is the best mono team (maybe better than geo) thanks to shenhe. Mono teams (especially if kazuha counts as mono) are all good at this point besides anemo.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The ultimate crime of this game is the game kicked off with me finding Paimon incredibly annoying for obvious reasons and now I find her funny.

I would like to have the brain damage this game has clearly given me undone.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

Mono cryo is the best mono team (maybe better than geo) thanks to shenhe. Mono teams (especially if kazuha counts as mono) are all good at this point besides anemo.

Faruzan’s buff to anemo is pretty awesome.

Using a heizou/faruzan tag team for extreme detective punching. Guess you could throw Sayu in there for healing and literally any other anemo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The ultimate crime of this game is the game kicked off with me finding Paimon incredibly annoying for obvious reasons and now I find her funny.

Hell yeah, brother.

I started off hating Paimon and finding her incredibly annoying. About half way through Mondstadt, I swapped voices from EN to JP. But after going through Liyue, I wanted to take things more casual and flipped it back to EN and have been playing with the voices ever since and I kinda love Paimon now?

It's super interesting seeing my wife start the game because the VA for Paimon was a lot softer with her voice early in the game and she's only become more goblinized over time.