Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Weka posted:

I'm saying demilitarizing the Turkish state wouldn't "undermine NATO's effectiveness in Europe" and in fact would likely increase it by letting the USA push it's way into stationing troops there.

I can't imagine how demilitarizing a brother NATO state would not somehow undermine NATO's effectiveness in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

nomad2020 posted:

I can't imagine how demilitarizing a brother NATO state would not somehow undermine NATO's effectiveness in Europe.

If it's good enough for Germany it's good enough for Turkiye.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chillgamesh posted:

lol the canadian special forces are called CANS OF CUM

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

OctaMurk posted:

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1614408202493345794?t=CuN155o30w5mO3C4RQiXdQ&s=19

the 30 as-90s dont have much fanfare but seem more important than the handful of challengers

that would be like 1/3 of all of britains as 90s

wikipedia says 179 were built so not quite a third (it's tough to imagine they've already lost half their force) but thats still a lot of artillery lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

wikipedia says 179 were built so not quite a third (it's tough to imagine they've already lost half their force) but thats still a lot of artillery lol

i was going off the numbers on the equipment of the uk army wikipedia page which was like 89, donno which is more accurate

british tabloids also saying that the UK will send apaches. Four, to be exact (lol).

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

OctaMurk posted:

i was going off the numbers on the equipment of the uk army wikipedia page which was like 89, donno which is more accurate

british tabloids also saying that the UK will send apaches. Four, to be exact (lol).

The UK MoD lists 89 in their 2021 spreadsheet. They had 130 active in 2014 and they've never sold any, so they probably have a bunch sitting around at a storage base.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gmanews/status/1614427148231577603?t=9RFYAvpZQlBxqPd0kTndig&s=19

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Artillery seems a lot more important than tanks for fighting a defensive war against a numerically superior enemy, but tanks are what really get the punters going

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Whats most important is the conviction of the soldiers character, and their belief in freedom, justice, and hope for a better way of life. Something Putin in all his evil will never be able to understand.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

He was responding to a meeting on Friday between Kishida and Biden, after which the two leaders issued a joint statement saying: "We state unequivocally that any use of a nuclear weapon by Russia in Ukraine would be an act of hostility against humanity and unjustifiable in any way."

On Saturday, Kishida said the G7 summit of major industrialized nations in Hiroshima in May should demonstrate a strong will to uphold international order and rule of law after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Medvedev said the nuclear statement showed "paranoia" towards Russia and "betrayed the memory of hundreds of thousands of Japanese who were burned in the nuclear fire of Hiroshima and Nagasaki" — a reference to the atomic bombs that the United States dropped on Japan to force its surrender at the end of World War Two.

Rather than demanding US repentance for this, Kishida had shown he was "just a service attendant for the Americans".
Eh, he's no CaptainACAB.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Staltran posted:

Is this about the ironic anti-Finnish racism? Because I'm Finnish and pretty sure most people here would be more offended by (apparently non-ironically) calling us eastern european than most of the ironic racism. Actually I think you managed to offend some nationalist part of my lizard brain, unlike all the no-effort ironic racism which was just boring, which is pretty funny whether you did that on purpose or not

oh do you not mind when i call finns reindeer fuckers i stopped because i started to feel like i was being kind of a jerk to the actual finns in the forums which always seems to be a way higher number than seems rational

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

my wife’s 23 and me came back and she’s partially Lithuanian !!!

anyone initially read this as just bragging for no reason about having a twenty three year old wife

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Some Guy TT posted:

oh do you not mind when i call finns reindeer fuckers i stopped because i started to feel like i was being kind of a jerk to the actual finns in the forums which always seems to be a way higher number than seems rational

SA is filled with a bunch of shut in nerds. Also, 30 self-propelled guns would be the most notable equipment announcement since the summer.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Jan 15, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Salean posted:

I will be donating my entire world of tanks garage to the Ukraine

got any OP artilley?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i had not seen this one jesus lmfao

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

having trouble guessing what would be a similarly insulting slur to me like what lives in the biome in my hometown uhhh cougars? is it offensive to call someone a cougar fucker?

(somewhere mr hootington feels an intense bout of sudden rage and doesnt know why)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Cuttlefush posted:

i had not seen this one jesus lmfao

That video is not available in my country, obviously I am the incorrect ethnographic identity

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Some Guy TT posted:

only 35% of finns end up revealing their national origin in internet communites. they are natural chameleons behind the monitor. any of us could be finns and you would never know. what if I'm a finn? or you? i could go on all day

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman posted:

That video is not available in my country, obviously I am the incorrect ethnographic identity

does https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1K741157rK or or https://www.cc.com/video/y7cwc6/key-peele-local-customs work?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Slavvy posted:

It's kind of incredible how through all the fog of war and dueling propaganda, you can chart the course of the war perfectly by the frequency of gbs retards invading the thread to complain to Putin's manager

It's like how a hundred people in a pub can correctly guess the number of jellybeans in a jar if you take the median

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

it's pretty funny that we get gbs/dnd guys post for hours in the cspam thread in apparent violation of dear leader's directive and the only probes are this poo poo and the mildest ironic racism

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they are coming here for honorable combat. thread needed it. not much else going on. whatever

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

crepeface posted:

it's pretty funny that we get gbs/dnd guys post for hours in the cspam thread in apparent violation of dear leader's directive and the only probes are this poo poo and the mildest ironic racism

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to post free, The wretched posters of your teeming forum.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

crepeface posted:

i don't think it's against the CSPAM thread rules to post in the other threads or for them to come here and post, you're just not allowed to copy the posts in the other threads here for laughs (syq's)

that being said if you post anything the least bit critical of Ukraine or the west in the GBS or D&D thread you are going to be eating a ban.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Majorian posted:

The US already stations troops in Turkey, what the hell are you talking about?:psyduck:

Sorry I should have said in significant numbers. The following question is for you too mate.

nomad2020 posted:

What do you see Turkey doing in Europe in the future exactly?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
maybe they forgot turkey booted out all the us bases except Incirlik and that other one and that it has ongoing conflicts and actually applies political pressure for its own benefit. demilitarization would mean they can't really deal with their local problems and would become dependent on the US (or russia lol no jk) in a pretty big way.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Weka posted:

Presumably something, considering we need to demilitarize them. Has anyone checked on Greece?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Greece is a failed state

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Eh, he's no CaptainACAB.

Its either die with honor via sepukku or get gunned down by a crazy cultist with a homegrown shotgun. Such is the fate of japanese prime ministers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crepeface posted:

theyre working their asses off

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

nomad2020 posted:

Presumably something, considering we need to demilitarize them. Has anyone checked on Greece?

they're going to third party the serbs and croats, finally ending their blood feud. that cannot be allowed to happen. they would grow too powerful

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

i like that one of our mods made a "joke" about a poster being a nazi O_o

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

For that to happen, continental drift I guess?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Weka posted:

Sorry I should have said in significant numbers. The following question is for you too mate.

more doner stands

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

A Bakers Cousin posted:

more doner stands

more dorner stans

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A Bakers Cousin posted:

more doner stands

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lovers of kofte and kebab will always be wlecome in my threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

nomad2020 posted:

Yeah, it’s such a ludicrous scenario, circumstances will have to have changed dramatically in Europe.