Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
This is probably a matter of my setup and I'm going to continue to mess with my settings and the equalizer but has anyone with Moza kit had any issues with their FFB after the latest firmware/software updates?

I feel like I cannot get detailed feel on kerbs or wheel slip angles no matter what settings I try. Before the updates kerbs felt nicely bouncy and cornering felt like I was pulling a bowstring with the feedback getting tighter and tighter before loosening if I lost traction.

Though I guess having never driven an actual racecar maybe that's an unreal feeling and this is more accurate? I don't know everything just feels lighter and less detailed.

EDIT: This is in iRacing.

EDIT 2: Apparently this is one of those things where I just needed to post about it and then I'd fix it. I did a second recovery and reset of the wheelbase after the first one yesterday didn't fix the issue and now it's totally back to normal. Well, aside from how violent it is from me cranking everything up to max when it wasn't working.

Abisteen fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:homebrew:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PC Sim Racing -My pedals cost more than my car

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
How kind of them to do a 5% discount

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

now they need to design an ActiveShifter and you can feel yourself grinding the poo poo out of your gearbox in high definition

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The footings of the Pantheon would crumble to sand under the load that those "Sale!" placards are bearing

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 1, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol that thread title change was rapid

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

Lol I had less than this into my stock car back in the day, actually only have a couple grand more into my current sprint car.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol that thread title change was rapid

I try to keep my reaction times down, for sim racing. :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Lol I had less than this into my stock car back in the day, actually only have a couple grand more into my current sprint car.

You can buy a decent NA/NB Miata and probably get it track day ready for this money.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Rumor from people who tried the pedals at the expo is that they don't actually feel all that good, certainly not enough to justify their cost or the fact that they won't work in the vast majority of racing rigs due to their ludicrous length.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Speaking of pedals, I got drunk, violated my own rule on Fanatec products, and got the inverted V3s while they were on sale.

:homebrew:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Love my V3s. Recommend the brake perf kit if you don’t mind spending a bit more, not _necessary_ but I really like my stronger elastomers.

If you find yourself looking for another smallish upgrade the damper kit on the throttle is also really nice. I keep the damper setting pretty low but it still adds a lot more stability to controlling the pedal.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Anyone have experience soundproofing rig noise? Apparently my downstairs neighbor is rather unhappy with the amount of noise my wheelin' around generates -- thinking I may just get some thick yoga mats or something and lay them on the floor.

e: running a G29 and the thrustmaster loadcells on a wheel/pedal mount and then just sit in my PC chair in VR for more info on what we're working with here.

Amp fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 4, 2022

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Anyone have experience soundproofing rig noise? Apparently my downstairs neighbor is rather unhappy with the amount of noise my wheelin' around generates -- thinking I may just get some thick yoga mats or something and lay them on the floor.

e: running a G29 and the thrustmaster loadcells on a wheel/pedal mount and then just sit in my PC chair in VR for more info on what we're working with here.

Yeah I've taken a lot of measures to help with this. You basically will want to put a yoga mat down and then put these on top of it:

Put your wheel/pedal stand on that. I have my whole rig on a double layer of these and I live in a concrete condo building - I just don't want to be a piece of poo poo.

If anyone reading this still has g29 pedals, do this mod to make them quiet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiesEdzZFM8

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tell them to 1v1 you 5 laps around nords

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah I've taken a lot of measures to help with this. You basically will want to put a yoga mat down and then put these on top of it:

Put your wheel/pedal stand on that. I have my whole rig on a double layer of these and I live in a concrete condo building - I just don't want to be a piece of poo poo.

If anyone reading this still has g29 pedals, do this mod to make them quiet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiesEdzZFM8
How thick did you go on your gym mats?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Wolfy posted:

How thick did you go on your gym mats?

Each one is 1/2" and I doubled it up. So 1" and it's all on top of a soft yoga mat. It's completely quiet.

In my old place the APM paddles were actually being heard in the next room through the floor, this fixed that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A bunch of washing machne anti vibration pads might work as well. They come in different sizes and if you join them together with duct tape they should do the job. Might be simpler and possibly cheaper than having to combine Yoga mats with more insulation.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Cancel everything, throw your peripherals in the bin.

The long long long awaited sequel to the best PC racer of all time is coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRfK5rIki74

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'll believe it when I see it, this has been "coming soon" for about 5 years now.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I played way too much GeneRally, would love for the sequel to actually release.

In the meantime I have played Circuit Superstars (on PC). Which is fun for a short time, but doesn't have the playerbase or the magic that GeneRally did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DFyr2k0OA

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

About a month ago a few people were talking about the HP Reverb G2. I picked one up, holy poo poo! Huge upgrade over the Oculus. Better image quality, better FOV, significantly more comfortable, and using the built in Windows software is way less of a hassle than the Oculus crap. Super happy with that purchase for sure.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

It's just so noticeably lighter, which is almost worth it alone. The controllers also don't seem to be that bad?

I'm very pleased with it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Better than which oculus? I run a rift s for sim racing but I could be tempted by a better fov

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
There's got to be 5 or 6 people using the Reverb G2 in the discord group who all seem to love them, me included.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah I'm one of those people and it's the only VR headset I've ever used, I never understand it when people say they get sweaty or uncomfortable, I do hours of driving straight in it no issues. Good product tho the right speaker is starting to be intermittent in mine.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Better than which oculus? I run a rift s for sim racing but I could be tempted by a better fov

I had been using the Rift S, yeah.

Squiggle posted:

It's just so noticeably lighter, which is almost worth it alone. The controllers also don't seem to be that bad?

I'm very pleased with it

The ergonomics are the most significant improvement. Wasn’t expecting that! The wider FOV and higher resolution ended up being the cherry on top.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I had a Rift S too. I actually think the software element is a real pain in the rear end, but I too am pretty surprised at how much of an upgrade the hardware has been across the board.

That all said, it helps the value assessment that I paid $300 for it instead of rack rate. Having used it now I think I'd be cooler with normal price, but depending on your Situation it maybe less worth the jump. The Rift S, particularly for sim racing, was I think very good. But this definitely makes spotting easier in flight sims.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Space Camp fuckup posted:

About a month ago a few people were talking about the HP Reverb G2. I picked one up, holy poo poo! Huge upgrade over the Oculus. Better image quality, better FOV, significantly more comfortable, and using the built in Windows software is way less of a hassle than the Oculus crap. Super happy with that purchase for sure.

WMR app->settings->startup and desktop and check steamvr if you haven't already. dodge the weird af windows launcher if you haven't already. Then get desktop+ on steam or w/e equivalent

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah I'm one of those people and it's the only VR headset I've ever used, I never understand it when people say they get sweaty or uncomfortable, I do hours of driving straight in it no issues. Good product tho the right speaker is starting to be intermittent in mine.

lol with the OQ2 you'd be sweating eventually and be like "drat im driving hard as hell"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gotta have a switch on your button box tied to a fan

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

FPV headsets have little bitty fans in them to constantly extract the moist air between your face and the screens. VR headsets should really take a note on that.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

MrYenko posted:

FPV headsets have little bitty fans in them to constantly extract the moist air between your face and the screens. VR headsets should really take a note on that.

The index has a third party fan you can slap on the front which helps quite a bit.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Are we posting Reddit cringe now?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Your wallet is the unfair victim of misogyny, when in reality the Simcube, pedals, wheel, triples and PC also should have lost all their money like your wallet did?

Thats a weird anthropomorphism to put on your wallet, and a bit of a reach, but whatever

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Why are they all cops? Is my wheel a cop?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AWAB

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

njsykora posted:

Why are they all cops? Is my wheel a cop?

It has to tell you if it is when you ask it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Hmm, they're making The Crew 3, where the ex-Eden Games now Ivory Tower devs go back to an 1:1 replica of Oahu. Now if it'd come with decent physics...