Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hazo posted:

Does "Kahn bought Buckley's 'BEST' trampoline" come up more than once? I mean obviously they talk about it in the episode where Luanne hallucinates Buckley's ghost but I feel like it was referenced in a later season, and the dumb throwaway line of some dead teenager having a "best" trampoline is so funny to me for some reason.

In an earlier episode, I think the one where Hank murders Buckley/blows up the Mega-lo-mart, Luan asks Buckley for $200. He has $200, but he's saving it for a trampoline, even though the trampoline he already has is pretty good. As far as I know that and the Buckley's Angel episode are the only ones that reference Buckley's trampoline affinity. Hank was definitely right when he said "there was barely a Buckley to begin with!"

A MIRACLE posted:

the announcer is one of my favorites. it sounds almost exactly like dales voice

His wife is Samoan, this explains how he is aware of the obscure fact that "aloha" means hello and goodbye.

PinheadSlim posted:

Bill fucks,

the former governor of texas
kahns mom
luannes mom
lenore
reverend stroup
the eating contest groupie
drunk driver lady
and two bayou widows

That's at least 9 characters who got with/wanted to get with bill. That's almost definitely more than any other character in the show.

:actually: Bill explicitly does not gently caress the eating contest groupie.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
he did share a passionate moment with sour Coach Sours

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Taaake a salt tablet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dang ole horse tranquilizers man

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAU_atZ45_Q

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Saalkin posted:

The mail lady
There's a woman dressed as a nurse when he had Peggy's body cast.
When he gets a call about his car Sally from Bobby he's with a woman (he says something about moving the truck so this might be the ice-cream lady)
The woman who picks him up in the flashback with Sally.

To correct the bill list from earlier he doesn't get with competitive eater lady. That was the joke at the end of the episode that they where saving it until after... His idea.

Good stuff, removing the competitive eating lady still puts Bill at 8 to Boomhauers 7. There's probably more we're missing though.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, but I think it's implied that he's always got someone in his bed. It's outright shown with Bill for comedic reasons.

Yeah that makes it funny that Bill has more on-screen experience imo

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Oh Boomhauer has the hearing impaired woman as a date on Peggy's train birthday.

I think he's with a woman at lucky and Luannes wedding.

Thanksgiving episode at the airport he goes to a hotel with two air hostess.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Patch episode has his ex.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Boomhauer might win in terms of raw numbers but we have to remember that he strikes out way, way, way more than he scores. Bill has women, even the governor of Texas for gods sake, irresistibly drawn to him. For a schlubby guy with terrible self esteem the man lays pipe.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Saalkin posted:

Thanksgiving episode at the airport he goes to a hotel with two air hostess.

Yeah but they were both born again Christian and all he got was a bag of peanuts lol

He had a girl in the car with him when Hank was constipated

“Do I know you?”
“No sir you do not”
Always gets me for some reason

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arson Daily posted:

Boomhauer might win in terms of raw numbers but we have to remember that he strikes out way, way, way more than he scores. Bill has women, even the governor of Texas for gods sake, irresistibly drawn to him. For a schlubby guy with terrible self esteem the man lays pipe.

Some women are attracted to a project

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arson Daily posted:

I sure do!

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

it's my calling to tell nerd :roboluv:ers how to :roboluv: properly

Arson Daily posted:

Well, I guess the governor of Texas would be attracted by a massive mess.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It's pretty well established that Boomhauer fucks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right, Boomhauer doesn't care about anything other then busting, so his partners get no screen time, because they're just tools for that. Bill is desperate for a relationship, true love, a salve for loneliness and a broken heart. That's why his partners are all characters with a role in the story.

Except for the governor of Texas, she just wanted to bust.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I always figured that Dale, Bill, and Hank only had a social life in and because of the alley drinking circle where Boomhauer had a whole other life unrelated to the show because they were just a few of his friends.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

nah they were bffs. boomhauser mostly gets girls because of his shotgun approach and hes at work at the police station the rest of the time

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7FVmeJXwCY&t=3s

He's not very smooth

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

he's no rad thibodeaux

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

+1 for Boomhauer:

He has a girl in the house when Bobby comes over to ask about keeping up with Connie in terms of adulthood, I think it’s when she has her first period at Hank’s house. We never see her but the gag is how Boomhauer is super annoyed by Bobby’s interruption.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rewatched Mrs Wakefield earlier tonight.

It's fine. Not great, but fine. I don't dislike it.

I think the timeshare episode is among my favourites though. Cotton just walking under the limbo stick :lol:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zedprime posted:

I always figured that Dale, Bill, and Hank only had a social life in and because of the alley drinking circle where Boomhauer had a whole other life unrelated to the show because they were just a few of his friends.

He WAS a Texas Ranger so yeah.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Just threw on the episode with the gas leak. Boomhauer comes out with a woman.

Also lmfao just realized Bill grabs Peggy and gives her mouth to mouth before going back for Hank and Bobby

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

A MIRACLE posted:

nah they were bffs. boomhauser mostly gets girls because of his shotgun approach and hes at work at the police station the rest of the time

he uses the shotgun approach once but otherwise he's just shown having women interested in him

also he sings bluegrass like a motherfucker lmao

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Boomhauer is hot, Bill is not

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Rank the men of Rainey St

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nooner posted:

Rank the men of Rainey St
They're all attractive paragons of their type compared to the real life versions.

Does that mean KotH is anime?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

zedprime posted:

They're all attractive paragons of their type compared to the real life versions.

Does that mean KotH is anime?

its got that japanese guy, Khan, so yes

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
boomhauer is a pickup artist

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Rewatched Mrs Wakefield earlier tonight.

It's fine. Not great, but fine. I don't dislike it.

I think the timeshare episode is among my favourites though. Cotton just walking under the limbo stick :lol:

Man that episode is one I can watch over and over, still good. The growing fanaticism over O'Kelley lol

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

don't need to be smooth, just need to be able to fail a ton and keep at it. not a terrible lesson for some things.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mr. Fix It posted:

don't need to be smooth, just need to be able to fail a ton and keep at it. not a terrible lesson for some things.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wyatt Cenac wrote for this show? Neat.

Also, apparently I really love Norm Hiscock written stuff, since he's done King of the Hill, The Kids in the Hall, and Brooklyn Nine Nine, 3 of my favourite shows.

Moved on from KitH to KotH.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Awhile back, but speaking of dead guest voice actors: David Carradine. No more Junichiro. He brought himself great shame, I tell you hwat.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Star Man posted:

Boomhauer is hot, Bill is not

Nancy and Minh in their rankings of the men on Rainey Street put Boomhauer as their top pick, and marvel at Patch's comparable good looks.

Bill peaked in highschool and then fell apart after but what was there was pretty good. Every so often he can channel it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

King Carnivore posted:

Awhile back, but speaking of dead guest voice actors: David Carradine. No more Junichiro. He brought himself great shame, I tell you hwat.

What? WHAT? I feel like I should have known this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another Bill posted:

What? WHAT? I feel like I should have known this.

That he was Junichiro or that he's dead? 14 years now, according to google.

Anyway, is Ted Wassanasong's voice supposed to be a parody of the way George Takei speaks?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just realized that King of the Hill is to Millennials, what The Flintstones was to Boomers.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought Ted was more someone who put on a rich accent for presentation, compared to Kahn who we’re told comes from poverty.

Especially since most of the time we see him Ted cares more about appearances than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sucks nothing bad ever happened to Ted but that’s life I guess.