Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Stroud is a jesus freak. He's probably mad they fired Easterby.

He probably doesn’t know or care about any of that because he’s been busy playing college football and not following NFL personnel drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He probably doesn’t know or care about any of that because he’s been busy playing college football and not following NFL personnel drama.

poo poo post not intended to be taken seriously

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
I mean, ignoring that it’s financially the wrong move, he’s not making nothing at Ohio State either, we know of at least $2m in payments already. Dude bought his mom a house and drives a Bentley. His reasoning here, unquestionably, would be some type of legacy play, since he essentially would own pretty much every passing mark in school history if he comes back, which he is absolutely the type of weirdo to care about. Dude gets prickly about individual games but cares a whole hell of a lot about his legacy. He’s the exact type of weirdo to pull a Luck and stay.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So the problem is his brain.

I thought people stopped thinking this way in the late 90s, falling for coachspeak horseshit. Or maybe that's just when I figured out that college glory isn't something you base your decisions on.

Remember Jason White winning the heisman and then going back to school?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thinking about that could make some1 weak in the knees

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd much rather compete against Bryce Young/Will Levis than Caleb Williams/Drake Maye for the first overall. Plus MHJ is going to be in that mix while there's pretty much no offensive skill positions threatening Levis/Young/Stroud right now.

I guess it burns that the dude missed the kick but beating Georgia seems like a lame excuse to leave 15 mil+ on the table

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Also depending on who the Bears trade to you might get really lucky and go #1 to an actual good team.

We all figure this is going to happen but when was the last time a team traded out of the #1 pick? Goff unless I'm missing something? And that took a lot of doing.

Someone might have to fall in love with whichever QB and offer a lot for the Bears to move.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the Bears stay put and draft Will Anderson then that’s totally a win

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

If the Bears stay put and draft Will Anderson then that’s totally a win

I'm not entirely sold on WAJ. He's tentative engaging OTs and isn't really that violent when they do meet. He's more of a dip and rip guy or he'll do a slight delay shimmy in his rush to find an angle to squeak through. Lots of his sacks were coverage sacks this year or when the game was already out of hand. His strength is totally in his size and intelligence in the backfield. He breaks down and sticks guys like Rashan Gary and is pretty decent against the read option. I don't think that's attractive enough to stay at the first overall.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

I'd much rather compete against Bryce Young/Will Levis than Caleb Williams/Drake Maye for the first overall. Plus MHJ is going to be in that mix while there's pretty much no offensive skill positions threatening Levis/Young/Stroud right now.

I guess it burns that the dude missed the kick but beating Georgia seems like a lame excuse to leave 15 mil+ on the table

Williams vs. Stroud will legitimately be interesting if he stays and if Caleb develops an ability to get off his first/half field reads within 5 seconds of the snap. Caleb is a much better athlete, but Stroud's accuracy is going to be hard for anyone to top at this point.

MHJ legitimately should probably go #1 for any team that already has a QB next year and is picking at 1. I don't care if your OL or edges are terrible--he's a faster AJ Green right now and could probably challenge Megatron for best WR prospect in recent memory.

End of the day, it's not a rational sport for anyone. Andrew Luck wanted his architecture degree. He's got the bizarre feeling right now of being a FG from a title yet also never beating Michigan, winning his conference, or holding up the Heisman. I would never leave that much on the table, but if he's happy with where his life is right now, it's his irrational choice to make.

kiimo posted:

So the problem is his brain.

I thought people stopped thinking this way in the late 90s, falling for coachspeak horseshit. Or maybe that's just when I figured out that college glory isn't something you base your decisions on.

Remember Jason White winning the heisman and then going back to school?

In fairness, what NFL career was awaiting Jason White exactly for that era of the NFL and his...set of skills?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

I'm not entirely sold on WAJ. He's tentative engaging OTs and isn't really that violent when they do meet. He's more of a dip and rip guy or he'll do a slight delay shimmy in his rush to find an angle to squeak through. Lots of his sacks were coverage sacks this year or when the game was already out of hand. His strength is totally in his size and intelligence in the backfield. He breaks down and sticks guys like Rashan Gary and is pretty decent against the read option. I don't think that's attractive enough to stay at the first overall.

Fine pretend I said Jalen Carter

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Fine pretend I said Jalen Carter

Im sure Doltos or TGG will call me stupid but spending first overall on an interior lineman with 6 sacks in a three year career seems like a questionable use of resources. I know he’s insanely useful in the run game but for first overall it really seems like you should get something more disruptive than eating up space in the middle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Im sure Doltos or TGG will call me stupid but spending a first on an interior lineman with 6 sacks in a three year career seems like a misallocation of resources. I know he’s insanely useful in the run game but for first overall it really seems like you should get something more disruptive than eating up space in the middle.

He's absurdly good. Sacks from a DT are whatever. He demands constant double and triple teams. Absurd first step, great pass rush moves, great leverage. I can't find a flaw in his game. That LSU game this year he was just pancaking guards. Plus you can line him up over OTs easily. He knows how to throw his arms out farther when he's over there and creates just as good of leverage as any 3-4 DE.

He's the best player in the draft by a mile.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anthony Richardson is better

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think it’s probably at all. Only one guy has ever pulled an Eli, and that’s Eli. Stroud isn’t an Eli and probably doesn’t have his family screaming in his ear to make an ordeal out of it.

The Texans went to the divisional round just a few years ago. They aren’t that far removed from being a decent team, and nobody knows who their next coach will be but they could turn around very quickly with the right hire given how bad the AFC South is right now.

While its obvious they'll know by the draft - but I can't see a good coaching candidate looking at that organisation and it's front of house and thinking "this is a good career move". I'd rather stay as a coordinator and win my division than go to the Texans.

Doltos posted:

He's absurdly good. Sacks from a DT are whatever. He demands constant double and triple teams. Absurd first step, great pass rush moves, great leverage. I can't find a flaw in his game. That LSU game this year he was just pancaking guards. Plus you can line him up over OTs easily. He knows how to throw his arms out farther when he's over there and creates just as good of leverage as any 3-4 DE.

He's the best player in the draft by a mile.

Yeah fans underrate the poo poo out of a defensive tackle, but they're a centre piece that can anchor a defense for a decade if you get the right one.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Yeah fans underrate the poo poo out of a defensive tackle, but they're a centre piece that can anchor a defense for a decade if you get the right one.

Sure, it just feels a little underwhelming to have the first pick in a year where a number of teams are desperate for a QB and there’s at least one and probably two that will generate a lot of interest and you come away with a really good DT and nothing else? The Bears need help everywhere, they should be trying to build a stockpile of picks from that first pick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sure, it just feels a little underwhelming to have the first pick in a year where a number of teams are desperate for a QB and there’s at least one and probably two that will generate a lot of interest and you come away with a really good DT and nothing else? The Bears need help everywhere, they should be trying to build a stockpile of picks from that first pick.

100%. If the bears end up turning in a first overall they've hosed up. They for sure should be in that 5 to 10 range with a couple extra this year, a first next year and come away with some help for Fields.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Anthony Richardson is better

than a hole in your head yeah sure

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nervous posted:

Thank you, he's beautiful. Just look at him.

You can't fool me that's just Greg Oden! Didn't even change schools smdh

(I hope Mr. Oden is doing well, he got one of the worst raw deals of fate in pro sports history)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wouldn't draft that guy. just kidding

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

I'm with you on this to a point. He's a higher ceiling version of Hutchison in my mind right now--better bend and more athletic. I'm not entirely convinced he can long-arm or move off of blocks at will if he loses early leverage, and he doesn't immediately go speed to power when it happens which is going to take some practice. Sort of worried someone is going to make him try to play with a hand down right now for the sake of putting him closer and trying to minimize space to paydirt, but I think it moots the point with WAJ because he's not looking to hold an edge the way Aidan does--he wants to get past. Stick him in like a base 3-4 and let him come off the edge or like make him a Jim Schwartz wide-9 if you're going to insist on him playing at the line. He's so so smooth in a run game that I think it'll work out fine, but I'm expecting the same initial results that Hutch got this year where he murders a couple TEs or hits a twist and comes unblocked for his sacks because I just don't think he's as clean of an edge prospect as we were promised. Anyone calling him Von Miller right now is crazy.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I want the chiefs to get that Georgia LT whatever it costs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stetson Bennett is gonna be really good at whatever he does in the NFL.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the goat at holding back sean mcvay

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whelp looks like the Jaguars are also looking for a QB in the draft.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Buy tickets to the games?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

I'm with you on this to a point. He's a higher ceiling version of Hutchison in my mind right now--better bend and more athletic. I'm not entirely convinced he can long-arm or move off of blocks at will if he loses early leverage, and he doesn't immediately go speed to power when it happens which is going to take some practice. Sort of worried someone is going to make him try to play with a hand down right now for the sake of putting him closer and trying to minimize space to paydirt, but I think it moots the point with WAJ because he's not looking to hold an edge the way Aidan does--he wants to get past. Stick him in like a base 3-4 and let him come off the edge or like make him a Jim Schwartz wide-9 if you're going to insist on him playing at the line. He's so so smooth in a run game that I think it'll work out fine, but I'm expecting the same initial results that Hutch got this year where he murders a couple TEs or hits a twist and comes unblocked for his sacks because I just don't think he's as clean of an edge prospect as we were promised. Anyone calling him Von Miller right now is crazy.

that sucks!!! are there no elite players in this draft outside of Anthony Richardson??

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kilometers Davis posted:

He's set up to have an Eagles Nick Foles career where he comes out of nowhere to be stunningly amazing in the playoffs after being very underwhelming in the regular season I guess.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kirios posted:

:mrwhite:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

that sucks!!! are there no elite players in this draft outside of Anthony Richardson??

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's something to consider about the draft: da bears

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Kilometers Davis posted:

The first ten thousand fans to Mercedes Benz Stadium will receive a free Kyle Pitts bobblehead, sponsored by Stetson Bennett Kia of Waycross and Blackshear!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Let this be a lesson to all the creative types that think coming into the draft thread and saying X team is looking for Y QB after a bad playoff game is the height of insight

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Every team should be looking at Anthony Richardson (QB); the Florida man who doesn’t improve.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Apparently the Ravens pick after the Chargers despite being the lower playoff seed. That really sucks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Apparently the Ravens pick after the Chargers despite being the lower playoff seed. That really sucks.

Strength of schedule I'm guessing?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah it goes Wild Card Losers > Season Record > SoS.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ends that speculation.

https://twitter.com/cj7stroud/status/1615019233620156416?s=61&t=Fst4f0a-fkykAW9jKaqmcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Oh hell yeah, the Cardinals could get Anderson or Carter at 3 now!