Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

jaegerx posted:

I use touch pads

Thank you IE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Before GANG TAG, I felt bored and uninterested in my anodyne avatar, and felt social pressure to make good posts. But now thanks to GANG TAG, I can be confident that goons will pay more attention to pretty pictures instead of my terrible posts! Thanks Internet Explorer!

Buy your GANG TAG today!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gang tag made me into the successful piece of poo poo I am today. Thanks IT thread!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yay Gang Tag. Thank you IE :glomp:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Having fallen a thousand posts behind in this thread and jumping to now just now, I seemed to have missed the whole hoopla about gang tags.

What is gang tags, precious?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Agrikk posted:

Having fallen a thousand posts behind in this thread and jumping to now just now, I seemed to have missed the whole hoopla about gang tags.

What is gang tags, precious?

Look at our profile pics

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The GANG TAG, once coveted, now an albatross around the neck. Its burden requiring posts to be both more numerous and of low quality.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
slightly suprised I managed to get a 'tag so thanks IE

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

We should all respect IE, it was here before us, and it'll be here long after us. IE is never going away.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

jaegerx posted:

I use touch pads

Yo we don’t joke about that

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:3:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

slightly suprised I managed to get a 'tag so thanks IE

The youth are so entitled these days

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CloFan posted:

The youth are so entitled these days

She doesn't even deal with printers.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

THanks <hrrrrk> InternetExplorer <rrrlllp>

phew got that out before I vomited I will never use that combination of words ever again so help me satan

(thanks though)

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

jaegerx posted:

Look at our profile pics

There are profiles?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Agrikk posted:

There are profiles?

Dude, you'll never believe this. There's still a webapp for the forums. I was just using somethingawful.app but apparently there is an actual website here.

E: there’s a front page too!?$?!

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 15, 2023

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

jaegerx posted:

Dude, you'll never believe this. There's still a webapp for the forums. I was just using somethingawful.app but apparently there is an actual website here.

Wait there’s a website? Every morning I get a plaintext fax of all the threads I bookmark, as well as a printout of all the new threads in the forum so I can ask to bookmark a new thread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SyNack Sassimov posted:

THanks <hrrrrk> InternetExplorer <rrrlllp>

phew got that out before I vomited I will never use that combination of words ever again so help me satan

(thanks though)

Shoulda used the professionalism writing bot

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tehinternet posted:

Yo we don’t joke about that

Magic Trackpad 2 is the poo poo, miss me with those rodent looking things

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Buff Hardback posted:

Wait there’s a website? Every morning I get a plaintext fax of all the threads I bookmark, as well as a printout of all the new threads in the forum so I can ask to bookmark a new thread.

ok miles bron

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

you're my new best friend.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

George H.W. oval office posted:

Always Be sCammin'

Scammin' is of course the mindset of doing the bare minimum and getting ahead. You're not actually scamming anyone, just playing the game.

Other instances of the scammin' mindset

Long shits at the office
"Quiet quitting" but still getting promoted
"Working" but actually you're just playing WoW or on a road trip.
Multiple jobs

Congrats! You're scammin'

:haibrower:

More importantly - if your job wont let you do this, for whatever reason, just quit! Hit da bricks! There's tons of other jobs out there that will 100% worship you while allowing you to gently caress around on the forums all day

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

The Iron Rose posted:

Lol

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

As always, management announcing go live for production gets all the credit and thanks while the lowly development team gets forgotten :mad:

Just kidding. Thanks for doing this IE - I know it was a pain the rear end.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am huffing my own farts right now.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Wasn't it one of you who uses the forums via Linux CLI sometimes just because you can?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KillHour posted:

As always, management announcing go live for production gets all the credit and thanks while the lowly development team gets forgotten :mad:

Just kidding. Thanks for doing this IE - I know it was a pain the rear end.

And thank you for saving the day with not one but two different versions of the gang tag!

I traveled cross country this weekend to see a bunch of extended family I haven't seen in a decade. Having a good time. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I think the tags are cool and good.

Also, the Magic Trackpad rules. I don't use one, but that thing has a phenomenal array of gestures to do stuff.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

And thank you for saving the day with not one but two different versions of the gang tag!

I traveled cross country this weekend to see a bunch of extended family I haven't seen in a decade. Having a good time. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.

I met a goon and it wasn’t clam down because our relationship is just built on hate sex.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I will never go back to a normal mouse after getting my trackball logi. literally fixed my shoulder bursitis.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I have a trackpad, Logi MX Master 3 and Logi ergo trackball on my desk right now.

Does that make me a slut? :ohdear:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have a trackpad, Logi MX Master 3 and Logi ergo trackball on my desk right now.

Does that make me a slut? :ohdear:

No your promiscuous ways at tech conferences does.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Blurb3947 posted:

Wasn't it one of you who uses the forums via Linux CLI sometimes just because you can?

I wrote a set of lambda functions to wget every page in a thread then use text to speech to create podcasts. Then I narrate responses using an Alexa skill.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

every page is printed out and mailed to me, I dictate my responses to my secretary

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
“Did you mean ‘e-mail’”

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

ziasquinn posted:

“Did you mean ‘e-mail’”

Please be specific

Did you mean electronic mail

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Our VPN provider is having a major outage and the whole IT team is scrambling around.

Well except me, I’m on vacation and have my OOO set and everything.

Still read the email chain for some good old fashioned schadenfreude tho

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's so nice when that happens, you can be the IRL version of :smuggo:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/techemails/status/1614682417339719680?s=46&t=8J1cTmgtH-BXKXA8QS6yCg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

quote:

They told me that using the download page to download something was not something they anticipated.

I see MS is dedicated to keeping these decade old best practices alove in todays products.