Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Beastie posted:

Thank Christ they only made one film and not any sequels or video games or stupid vodkas

Oh god I remember the game on Amiga and what a piece of poo poo that was

Wait it got good reviews I remember it being terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

my wife was laughing at rlm as i was watching it, but asked “is there any diversity on the shows at all?” now i wont stand for canadian erasure. but honestly other than having a couple women who were probably mercilessly creeped on by fans, no they havent. not a very deep bench in rlm

On one hand, deciding a YouTube channel with a couple hundred thousand viewers world wide is going to solve racism by having A Black Friend (tm) is stupid as hell.

On the other hand putting an Asian American in the same room as Rich Evans might result in the greatest content ever captured on video.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

priznat posted:

Oh god I remember the game on Amiga and what a piece of poo poo that was

Wait it got good reviews I remember it being terrible

It was terrible but thats Amiga gaming (tm)

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
"I don't think she would be a filthy thief whore who would come in my house and steal my poo poo" lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Barudak posted:

It was terrible but thats Amiga gaming (tm)

Objectively terrible games would get like 85% on amiga format/power ratings iirc now that I think about it.

Had some good games but man what a lot of crap too.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

kalel posted:

is there anyone younger than 29 itt. speak now or forever hold your peace

(eyes darting back and forth) n-no officer

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

mutantIke posted:

(eyes darting back and forth) n-no officer

legally he cant be in the same thread as you

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Kingo Ligma posted:

On one hand, deciding a YouTube channel with a couple hundred thousand viewers world wide is going to solve racism by having A Black Friend (tm) is stupid as hell.

On the other hand putting an Asian American in the same room as Rich Evans might result in the greatest content ever captured on video.

i thought you were making fun of kingo as an idea but i'm starting to realise, you must look like kingo. so we aren't entirely white and dumb in here. there is a south asian, not generic asian person, right in the mix as one of the top people.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gutcruncher posted:

Jay is gay, Rich is Chinese, Mike is some kind of Western European but specifically the kind that in the 20s when his family came to America they weren’t allowed in public parks, and My Name Is Earl is an alcoholic. What more could she want??

lmao no he is not

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
im 23

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I can’t imagine a more Polish last name than Stoklasa

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Oh man they discovered Carman. I've always been somewhat aware of him, though thankfully he was way too cheesy for my parents to get behind. Very big among early '90s evangelicals who were, like, just slightly too old to be youth pastors. And/or theater kids who never quite made it.

Aside from that one super :yikes: Christian Nationalist one, and, well, the fact that it's all pretty laughable, I do have sort of a weird respect for the sheer effort involved. He had a message and some talent and he saw music as a means to that end, and somehow he made it happen, even though he didn't really seem all that interested in... like, actual good artistry. The production values of both the visuals and the music were pretty legit. But at the core of it was just the corniest man who ever lived.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

mutantIke posted:

I was lucky enough to see Blues Bros in a theater last night and that movie is LONG as gently caress. The last 30 minutes are all car chase and the whole time I just kept thinking of the White Noise opening

An anime called Riding Bean has pretty much 5 minute version of the Blues Brothers car chase. I don't know how Blues Brothers managed to rip it off without anyone complaining.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
so pumped to watch when I get up. The frist few minutes were great. Wheel is usually weaker on average I feel but when it hits it's devastating

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Endless Trash posted:

Well imagine harder cause it's Czech.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

so pumped to watch when I get up. The frist few minutes were great. Wheel is usually weaker on average I feel but when it hits it's devastating

The selection of videos this time is perfect, each one is exactly in their wheelhouse for a different reason. best BotW in years imo

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Well imagine harder cause it's Czech.

Czechs are poles in denial

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh man they discovered Carman. I've always been somewhat aware of him, though thankfully he was way too cheesy for my parents to get behind. Very big among early '90s evangelicals who were, like, just slightly too old to be youth pastors. And/or theater kids who never quite made it.

Aside from that one super :yikes: Christian Nationalist one, and, well, the fact that it's all pretty laughable, I do have sort of a weird respect for the sheer effort involved. He had a message and some talent and he saw music as a means to that end, and somehow he made it happen, even though he didn't really seem all that interested in... like, actual good artistry. The production values of both the visuals and the music were pretty legit. But at the core of it was just the corniest man who ever lived.

counterpoint: you dont gotta hand it to them

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Kingo Ligma posted:

yeah sure. its just odd that in 100 years of rlm content they have have not had a single nonwhite person involved in any aspect that i can recall. even a hired actor. starting to think the crew thinks rich is more dangerous than we ever imagined

but this doesnt bother me because its clear that from the get go the fellas just wanted to hang out with their friends and make movies and they have done it. a simple and noble goal and now they have millions probably. but it is easy to see how people unfamiliar with rlm think that mike is libertarian or nazi or whatever

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JediTalentAgent posted:

An anime called Riding Bean has pretty much 5 minute version of the Blues Brothers car chase. I don't know how Blues Brothers managed to rip it off without anyone complaining.

Not sure if this is a joke but according to the internet, Riding Bean was released almost a decade after Blues Brothers.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

roomtone posted:

generic asian
hey

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
When was the last time RLM have a guest that's not their friend and not a minor celebrity? You might have to go back to Len since he is a E-list celebrity.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

wait! i just remembered. they had a minority in space cop. ok. i can quit thinking about this and tell my wife she can quit asking about it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Endless Trash posted:

Czechs are poles in denial

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Sounds like some esoteric type of sausage probably soaked in beer

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016
Carman's dead gays win again :toot:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

Carman's dead gays win again :toot:

Died slowly and painfully over many years and multiple bouts of cancer. I’m sure it’s because Jesus loved him so. :jerkbag:

Anyways…

I watched The Menu tonight. It’s good, but it’s also a cartoon. Better than mid, less than great. The setup is better than the ending.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Saw M3GAN and loved it! 1h40 of honest entertainment. Seems like all our decent comedies have to dress themselves up as horror movies first though, as there isn't a scary moment in this one, but I don't mind it was a good time at the movies.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
I'm curious why they replaced that sweet horizontal wheel Rich made. The new one's nice but that one felt like a genuine piece of game show equipment like the plinketto board.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

kalel posted:

got some physical media

inside llewyn davis and the big lebowski are on the way

Can anyone guess which movie I bought this collection for?

(Also, there's comformation that I'm elderly enough to legally post in the thread)

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
My favorite part of the episode was when Juice Lord's friends called him gay for playing on a trampoline and he totally took it the wrong way.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pneub posted:

(Also, there's comformation that I'm elderly enough to legally post in the thread)

Waterworld obviously

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

MarcusSA posted:

Waterworld obviously

Bingo! I'm a huge Yellowstone-head.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Vaishino posted:

I'm curious why they replaced that sweet horizontal wheel Rich made. The new one's nice but that one felt like a genuine piece of game show equipment like the plinketto board.

I always kind of figured the horizontal format made it both more annoying to shoot and more annoying to read the tapes but I don't know if that's backed up by any of them ever saying anything.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

CODChimera posted:

gonna try read this thread more than the old one

over 2k unread posts. ive already failed

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pneub posted:

havent seen Skyline but those other 3 are fantastic films

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Vaishino posted:

I'm pretty sure it was entirely for the dumb joke at the end of WotW #20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26si7WjhV-g&t=4195s

mike: wait a minute... why did we put it on the wheel? :confused:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

:goonsay:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

sorry i knew it was a risky post as i was typing it. i just wanted to give kingo a few knocks on the head, got away from me.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Cubone posted:

I'm pretty sure it was entirely for the dumb joke at the end of WotW #20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26si7WjhV-g&t=4195s

mike: wait a minute... why did we put it on the wheel? :confused:

I forgot all about that. Guess that answers that question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Mike's plan to commit crimes so you don't get dragged to crime scene 2.. that is now crime scene 3!