Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

War and Pieces posted:

It's wild to me that y'all expect the entertainment value in a history podcast to come from the hosts and not the antics of the historical figures.

This is a false dichotomy, a good history podcast is always made up of both a good storyteller and a good story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dmitri-9 posted:

What's a good non-comedy D&D podcast?

as an rpg hipster, i don't like d&d, and i especially don't think it supports dramatic play, so i don't enjoy listening to people play it dramatically. however i know that by far the most popular is called Critical Role, they have an audio feed and also stream live on twitch. i have enjoyed a single miniseries of theirs, called "Calamity."

the least funny RPG-playing podcast which i still enjoy is called Friends at the Table.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1614069846098026496?s=46&t=vff_bMGIJKydnilZpKnraA

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Shipon posted:

i wish i hadn't listened to people say this for so long, i only started listening to cum town in 2019 because of it

same, but 2022

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"i need another podcast to listen to" —— maybe try music instead

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Mr. Lobe posted:

You don't seem to understand the value of a good storyteller. A good storyteller can make a dull story engaging. A bad storyteller can make a good story dull or confusing. But best of all is a good storyteller telling a good story.

the historical fiction section is that way ==>

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Chaser confirmed, send a tactical cancellation warhead immediately

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Podcast dad

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

thought all those people got chased off by the newly unbanned nazis

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jesus. He really plumped up.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

beard is looking good, very full, plump. 👍

selec
Sep 6, 2003

put that man in a bathrobe and cheap sunglasses and we’re ready to do a six episode prestige prequel series called Rugchaser

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Good

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
anyone got a ghost stories for the end of the world premium feed?

the one im using seems to have stalled out after episode 8 of the octopus

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jel Shaker posted:

Not even close

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

Will is a Man of Pleasure

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmfao FPlus is off twitter and on mastadon. Perfect, no notes, out of everybody I trust Lemon to curate a mastadon experience.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmfao FPlus is off twitter and on mastadon. Perfect, no notes, out of everybody I trust Lemon to curate a mastadon experience.
gross. mastadon is for disgusting unix pervert freaks and probably pedophiles. nothing i have seen has made me reconsider this

no i will not be hearing any arguments to the contrary

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

well good news, there aren't any

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

some plague rats posted:

well good news, there aren't any

its true

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lemon is very much a disgusting unix pervert freak.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Xaris posted:

gross. mastadon is for disgusting unix pervert freaks and probably pedophiles. nothing i have seen has made me reconsider this

You posted this on the something awful forums, we're all the unix of people

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

are you kidding me? it's like the good old days again when you could tell nazis to kill themselves and not get instabanned

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

You posted this on the something awful forums, we're all the unix of people

speak for yourself, unix. I’m a beasd

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lmfao

I went to this show with my dad in 2005. it was a great time

Istanbul, TURKEY: Legendary US movie star and director Woody Allen playing the clarinet during Woody Allen and his New Orleans Jazz Band`s New Year concert at Lutfi Kirdar Congress and Exhibition Palace Anatolian Hall in Istanbul, 29 December 2005.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

lmfao

I went to this show with my dad in 2005. it was a great time

Istanbul, TURKEY: Legendary US movie star and director Woody Allen playing the clarinet during Woody Allen and his New Orleans Jazz Band`s New Year concert at Lutfi Kirdar Congress and Exhibition Palace Anatolian Hall in Istanbul, 29 December 2005.

didnt that guy marry his stepdaughter

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
this latest Tech Wont Save Us about the sudden wave of manufacturing consent on china with a bazillion tiktoks and youtubes with soyface headlines and thumbnails "CHINA'S ECONOMY IS GOING COLLAPSE IN 28 DAYS!" was rather infuriating.

lol at the guest saying "the falun gong has good reason to be anti-ccp"

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

as an rpg hipster, i don't like d&d, and i especially don't think it supports dramatic play, so i don't enjoy listening to people play it dramatically. however i know that by far the most popular is called Critical Role, they have an audio feed and also stream live on twitch. i have enjoyed a single miniseries of theirs, called "Calamity."

the least funny RPG-playing podcast which i still enjoy is called Friends at the Table.

Second Friends at the Table for a non comedy RPG pod. It's also - from what I've listened to - not as overwrought as other podcasts trying to be dramatic.

Critical Role is the overwrought one and has extreme theatre kid energy where everyone is on the verge of tears or extremely horny at all times. It can be enjoyable but there are times I want to skip whole episodes.

Xaris posted:

this latest Tech Wont Save Us about the sudden wave of manufacturing consent on china with a bazillion tiktoks and youtubes with soyface headlines and thumbnails "CHINA'S ECONOMY IS GOING COLLAPSE IN 28 DAYS!" was rather infuriating.

lol at the guest saying "the falun gong has good reason to be anti-ccp"

I mean they do: making money on anti China grifting

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Telluric Whistler posted:

I mean they do: making money on anti China grifting
gently caress, you're right :negative:

god that guest was infuriating. there's something about a subset of online libs who recognize the sinophobic rhetoric from democrats and republicans isn't good, but then always feel the need to dive into playing into it anyways lest they may be miscontrued as 'pro-china' to other liberals. always having to throw in restrictions at the end. "yes china is cool and good and they aren't authoritarian dictatorship hellbent on destroying america and actually have way better communities and safety nets, but, we should have a serious conservation about the grave genocide abuses in xinjiang, the evil tiktok spying, and hostility toward taiwan"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i pray to god every falun gong member is thrown in the chinese gulag never to annoy me again

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

look at all these FREEDOM haters smh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

i pray to god every falun gong member is thrown in the chinese gulag never to annoy me again

they leave trash pamphlets everywhere , under windshield wipers and in door jambs

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
China before communism

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

slave to my cravings posted:

China before communism

"Decisive Tang Victory"

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

He has the same build as that Juggalo dude who yells and then jumps on folding tables covered in barbed wire.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Let Will be fat and happy

e: also that quote from Reddit that Nick is making fun of on the latest TAFS is someone editing a Breaking Bad quote although it is still pathetic and I did think it was funny that they didn't even go to January 6th in the Jan 6th doc lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

slave to my cravings posted:

China before communism

I'm trying to remember when that tag line was added to all of the Shen Yun posters, because it definitely wasn't on there when I first started seeing them all the time.

Also someone once described Falun Gong to me as "Chinese Scientology" and I have yet to have anyone refute that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we should hunt down mormons like the cpc hunts down falun gong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

C-Euro posted:

I'm trying to remember when that tag line was added to all of the Shen Yun posters, because it definitely wasn't on there when I first started seeing them all the time.

Also someone once described Falun Gong to me as "Chinese Scientology" and I have yet to have anyone refute that.

I dont know, I don't think L Ron ever claimed that he could fly or pass through walls?