Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

man. vampire survivors is so good. i just keep playing it

i just got yellow sign so I'm kinda? close to the end? I think? or the end boss at least and then it seems like it opens up even more

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armauk

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

toilet skeleton is a trope in environmental storytelling. bios shock, skies rim, etc if you look in certain bathrooms you find a skeleton in the toilet with a piece of lore stuck to him.

None of that in Horizon. The only skeletons are the machines, and they don't have anything on them. All the lore is stored across loose data pads and audio recording devices.

Farecoal

There he go

Armauk posted:

None of that in Horizon. The only skeletons are the machines, and they don't have anything on them. All the lore is stored across loose data pads and audio recording devices.

biosterous

more falafel please posted:

man. vampire survivors is so good. i just keep playing it

i just got yellow sign so I'm kinda? close to the end? I think? or the end boss at least and then it seems like it opens up even more

The Real Vampire Survivors Starts Here

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I just started Stardew valley, it's summer of year 1.

this dude gunther is kinda weird and he's definitely not blathers so should I even worry bout donating stuff or should I just sell everything?

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

biosterous

i haven't played stardew valley but i've watched several let's plays of it and there are rewards if you donate enough stuff to the museum

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

bios and oa, i am not sure how to tell you this but your dwarves are dead. they both caught a weird mood and tried to make an artifact but got interrupted by gobbos, then went nuts and stopped eating.

finger prince, you are now the duke of boltended, but we did pretty good eventually so the queen moved in and you aren't in charge anymore.

bobby deluxe you've been a really good book keeper and trades dwarf thank you for your service even tho i have to sometimes interrupt your drinking to sell things to caravans.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

finger prince, you are now the duke of boltended, but we did pretty good eventually so the queen moved in and you aren't in charge anymore.

That's usually how it goes.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

That's usually how it goes.

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

bios and oa, i am not sure how to tell you this but your dwarves are dead. they both caught a weird mood and tried to make an artifact but got interrupted by gobbos, then went nuts and stopped eating.

bobby deluxe you've been a really good book keeper and trades dwarf thank you for your service even tho i have to sometimes interrupt your drinking to sell things to caravans.

hell yeah, dwarf fortress working as expected

gallery of sigs

he/him

Bobby Deluxe

Heather Papps posted:

:unsmith: dang that is good news, my dwarf has diverged significantly from me

Philippe

(she/her)
Can I be a dorf plz

Ohtori Akio

Heather Papps posted:

hell yeah brother

Twenty Four

Philippe posted:

Can I be a dorf plz

:same:

baka of lathspell

same tbh

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Farecoal

There he go
Some of these missing features from the Steam version of Dwarf Fortress are pretty yikes. I think I'm going to stick with the last release for a bit longer

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

I've been playing so much Path Of Exile lately, I want to be a IRL archer

Heather Papps

hello friend

Farecoal posted:

Some of these missing features from the Steam version of Dwarf Fortress are pretty yikes. I think I'm going to stick with the last release for a bit longer

totally fair, just had to toss some money at the devs. there's this really good video from a few years ago that i never got to the end of, and since i started playing again i finished it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhHkJQ3KgY
it's a really good mini doc about the history, and at the end, which i only recently saw, he explains that the steam release and attempting to monetize the game were the result of some health scares, and the reality of expensive medication. it was a harsh dose of reality in a video about a game where dwarfs punch goblins so hard you spend a half hour trying to find all the scattered teeth.

also i will name the dwarfs. after oa and bios's deaths i immediately took the dwarf named after my brother off his military unit assignment. gotta be careful.

kalel

Farecoal posted:

What happened? Why did they get removed

Farecoal

There he go
Apparently he had to cut a few things to make the release on time. I don't blame him at all, and I'm not even saying it makes the game bad, I just won't switch to the new version for a while. I'm really glad he and his family are getting the money they need though. Probably should have put "annoying" instead of "yikes"

Finger Prince

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I've been playing so much Path Of Exile lately, I want to be a IRL archer

I played a lot of that a while ago, but kind of fizzled out of it. Maybe because I beat it? I don't really remember. It was really good though. The archer kicks rear end.

EVIL Gibson

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Playing Luck be a Landlord . It's a reel building game where you buy the symbols to put on the reel of your Slot Machine to try to make enough money to pay the landlord.

The game has interactions between symbols from the normal "card suits next to each other make more money" to "toddlers destroy all presents, pinatas, and bubbles giving you 6 coins each" to the billionaire increases the value of surrounding cheese and wine by 2x. Also gives 39 coins if the billionaire is destroyed "

biosterous

whoa those graphics look very different to when i played last week, did i miss an option to change them or is that a mod

gallery of sigs

he/him

sb hermit

I was gonna buy pokemon violet with some xmas eshop gift cards but I chickened out and got metroid dread

metroid dread is, so far, real good. It's a lot like samus returns (which I didn't finish) but much better.

sb hermit

modern controllers have too many drat buttons

Farecoal

There he go
I'm a bit confused about the new Hitman Trilogy. Do I only have to buy Hitman 3 to get all the missions from 1 and 2, or do I have to buy them all separately?

kalel

sb hermit posted:

modern controllers have too many drat buttons

was just thinking this

itry

Farecoal posted:

I'm a bit confused about the new Hitman Trilogy. Do I only have to buy Hitman 3 to get all the missions from 1 and 2, or do I have to buy them all separately?

According to pcgamingwiki, for people who don't own any of the games;

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/HITMAN_3#Version_differences posted:

To obtain all available content a newcomer needs to obtain HITMAN Trilogy, HITMAN Trilogy Premium Add-Ons Bundle and HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins Collection.

I'm sure they made it this confusing on purpose. That, along with the always online thing, makes what is otherwise a very good Hitman trilogy icky to purchase.

Edit: Probably the only game with 4 paragraphs of nonsense like this at the start of its wiki page.

quote:

Owners of HITMAN 2 will automatically receive the appropriate "Access Passes" containing content from HITMAN (if owning that content already in HITMAN and HITMAN 2. Importing levels from HITMAN 2 and its 2016 Legacy Pack from Steam to EGS can be done here. See the Player Guide by IO Interactive for more information. The game requires a constant internet connection for some features to work properly (Contracts mode and Challenge progression). The game makes a distinction between online and offline saves; online saves cannot be loaded while offline, and offline saves loaded while online will put the game into offline mode.[12] The game will be renamed to HITMAN - World of Assassination with all content from HITMAN and base game content from HITMAN 2 becoming free for all players of HITMAN 3 on January 26, 2023.[13]

itry fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 16, 2023

Simsmagic

im beautiful

If you own Hitman 1 and 2, you unlock those levels in Hitman 3 automatically. If you don't, you can buy the Access Pass DLC to get those levels without cluttering up your library. The Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 1 GOTY Edition are the ones you need to get the prior levels, anything else is just extra missions and cosmetic DLC.

They don't seem capable of wording this in a non-confusing way on the storefront.

thank you dumb sex-parrot for the wonderful sig!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Simsmagic posted:

If you own Hitman 1 and 2, you unlock those levels in Hitman 3 automatically. If you don't, you can buy the Access Pass DLC to get those levels without cluttering up your library. The Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 1 GOTY Edition are the ones you need to get the prior levels, anything else is just extra missions and cosmetic DLC.

They don't seem capable of wording this in a non-confusing way on the storefront.

lol wut. still confused. i own the first one on steam

Heather Papps

hello friend

where's that chart
e: this one

still makes me laugh

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Heather Papps posted:

where's that chart

still makes me laugh

:laffo::lol: lmao

itry

Simsmagic posted:

Replace "capable" with "willing".

Heather Papps posted:

where's that chart

still makes me laugh

:videogames: :ubisoft:

Edit: lol there's an actual ubisoft smilie

Papa Was A Video Toaster

:dice:

FutonForensic

giraffes wiped out my dwarf fortress

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
zombies ate my neighbors

Heather Papps

hello friend

help a pikman grabbed my controller

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Heather Papps posted:

help a pikman grabbed my controller

beat his rear end he's tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Areola Grande posted:

beat his rear end he's tiny
Yeah but there are like hundreds of them

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome