Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s like we didn’t learn any lessons from the Four Loko craze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CannonFodder posted:

Double post for a completely different chat: I got kimchi to go with canned tuna because I am basic and that's something the internet suggested. Do I cook it up? On the stove? or just eat that poo poo cold. I'm not going to microwave it, I know fish does not go in the microwave.

You can do any combination and it'd be acceptable. Cold kimchi, cold tuna? Yes. Cooked kimchi, cold tuna? Yes. Cold kimchi, cooked tuna? Yes. Cooked kimchi, cooked tuna? Yes.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kimchi on a hot dog is underutilized. Also have that dog with a side of kimchi fries. Can’t go wrong with kimchi.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

Kimchi on a hot dog is underutilized. Also have that dog with a side of kimchi fries. Can’t go wrong with kimchi.

:hmmyes:

Make an omlet with rice and kimchi inside. Pro more

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I have never done this and I will now do this. Maybe tomorrow. gently caress this sounds amazing. What else is good to add to the dog? Sriracha? Or like a sriracha mayo sauce blend? Crushed fried wonton chips?

I have had kimchi fries but I was so loving stuffed from the tonkotsu that I just picked at them. They were delicious though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I have never done this and I will now do this. Maybe tomorrow. gently caress this sounds amazing. What else is good to add to the dog? Sriracha? Or like a sriracha mayo sauce blend? Crushed fried wonton chips?

I have had kimchi fries but I was so loving stuffed from the tonkotsu that I just picked at them. They were delicious though.

I usually just do kimchi on the dog, but a siracha mayo sounds pretty good. Depends how much spice you like I guess. Could do some relish since the sweetness would offset some of the acidity of the kimchi.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I usually just do kimchi on the dog, but a siracha mayo sounds pretty good. Depends how much spice you like I guess. Could do some relish since the sweetness would offset some of the acidity of the kimchi.

Ohhhh yeah like chow chow or just a sweet relish….

Tomorrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Now I want to try a kimchi reuben

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Now I want to try a kimchi reuben

I hate sauerkraut, but I could be down for this.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

Aren't there laws because of it now, or did it just get banned in enough cities and events that they decided to go zero caffeine across the board?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thanks for all the tuna and kimchi tips, I was overthinking it. I decided to heat up the kimchi, add room temp tuna from the can to hot kimchi, eat. Tasty protein!

Also I drain the tuna juice and give it to my cat and she purrs so loudly when I do that :3: :kimchi: :cabot:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 15, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

LeeMajors posted:

The lesson one of my brothers learned from the Four Loko craze was to buy like two or three pallets of the original formula ones when they were in the process of getting banned so he could sell them for like $5 a pop at house parties.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I think I drank Four Loko one time and I was already fairly drunk from an all day beer festival. I didn’t realize each can was basically a bottle of wine so like 30min after slamming a “pick me up” I was absolutely blackout wasted.

Kept trucking though somehow, but that poo poo was dangerous.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The lesson one of my brothers learned from the Four Loko craze was to buy like two or three pallets of the original formula ones when they were in the process of getting banned so he could sell them for like $5 a pop at house parties.

Capitalism taught him that lesson. Also good on him for reading the market

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I ordered some of that Karam's garlic sauce based on someone's recommendation here, and it is freaking amazing. Great tip! (sorry I don't recall exactly who it was, but thanks!)

Toasted up sourdough english muffins, sliced them up and served it as 'fresh bread' to dip in the garlic sauce, it made the perfect Spanish appetizer before we had paella last night.

(also I'm having a pickleback right now)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Don't sleep on kimchi in burritos or tacos!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Ketchup

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like ketchup, mustard and relish on my hot dogs and I don't care if people get sad about ketchup on hotdogs. Cause it's yum.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

Capitalism taught him that lesson. Also good on him for reading the market

It helped that he basically ran a raver/emo kid flop house out of our apartment at the time so he was pretty aware of what would sell. I was doing an internship and on a $1000/month stipend so finding another place to live wasn't really an option but at one point in time he sublet his room to like 5 other people for $200 a month and it was hell. Two of the folks who stayed at our place ended up going on Jerry Springer for a real incident that occurred at a party they had.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

I like ketchup, mustard and relish on my hot dogs and I don't care if people get sad about ketchup on hotdogs. Cause it's yum.

Yeah ketchup is fine on hot dogs even if it’s not my usual, and people need to quit being dicks about food preferences.

I don’t think it would play well w kimchi though.

I used to think ketchup on eggs was a little kid thing but then I ate a bunch of late night breakfast subs at this stoner sandwich shop we had in town when I was in college and it converted me.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've always been a fan of maple syrup on scrambled eggs. Not a lot but just enough to get that maple flavor and a little sweetness.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just finished the Menu, was kinda wary of goon recommendations after that stinker Barbarian, but really liked it. Going in blind really helped

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've always been a fan of maple syrup on scrambled eggs. Not a lot but just enough to get that maple flavor and a little sweetness.

Me too, it grew on me mopping up on pancake saturdays w my daughter.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can't abide my syrup touching anything but my pancake/waffle.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I can't abide my syrup touching anything but my pancake/waffle.

Sausage/bacon with syrup is a bare minimum breakfast

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thinking really hard about getting chicken and waffles tomorrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Sausage/bacon with syrup is a bare minimum breakfast

That is haram

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The only issue I have with this Turkish drama is that they didn't get someone with a hosed up jaw to play Charles V.

Also there are some fantastic hats in this show.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 15, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

That is haram

I think pretty much everything with bacon is.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

It's like every 3 years we get a new one because people forget the original recipe 4loko was the most unhinged drink possible.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

It's like every 3 years we get a new one because people forget the original recipe 4loko was the most unhinged drink possible.

Look, 3/4 of a can of the original 4loko somehow got me my first relationship so who's to say whether it was bad or not it was bad. Very, very bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah ketchup is fine on hot dogs even if it’s not my usual, and people need to quit being dicks about food preferences.

If no other options I'll take ketchup on my hotdogs. And it's fine!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

I think pretty much everything with bacon is.

Syrup touching animal is extra heretical to Ol Rinaldo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

Just finished the Menu, was kinda wary of goon recommendations after that stinker Barbarian, but really liked it. Going in blind really helped

where’d you go to college

Brown.

Student loans?

No.

Yeah you’re dying.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I finally got around to finishing Hereditary last night. I tried watching it a couple years ago, but turned it off shortly after the light pole beheading. It was good, but a little too slow. The film takes a narrative turn in the second half that kind of comes out of nowhere, and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. Felt like something that was done just to up the gore factor.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

where’d you go to college

Brown.

Student loans?

No.

Yeah you’re dying.

I had to pause the movie because I was laughing so hard at this.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hmmyes:

Make an omlet with rice and kimchi inside. Pro more

So Japanese omurice essentially, which is definitely something I should try soon.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The menu was great, very well done, looked gorgeous

If we’re being honest I liked pig better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

people need to quit being dicks about food preferences.

It's Chicago. They need to stop being dicks about everything. It's miserable in Chicago most of the time. Hell they love to scream at people for saying they live in Chicago depending how many minutes it takes to drive to the lake.

Everything about Chicago makes Chicagoans angry, even what to call the freeways

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

It's Chicago. They need to stop being dicks about everything. It's miserable in Chicago most of the time. Hell they love to scream at people for saying they live in Chicago depending how many minutes it takes to drive to the lake.

You live in LA and work in the film industry right? I feel as though you should be passingly familiar with people making instant judgment on you for superficial reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

kiimo posted:

Chicago owns and is the best city in the US of A