Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

R.D. Mangles posted:

for example it would be preposterously stupid to make fun of cousins if he throws for like 350/4 TDs and the vikings lose because their garbage defense can't stop glorified running back daniel jones, but that won't stop me at all.

If you will this into existence I will say an unkind word about both Justin Fields AND Northwestern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Can’t beat big Jag

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They were averaging less than 3 yards a carry. The jags got within two points with 5.5 minutes left. Time wasn’t really a factor. You can’t just ride out 20 point a lead for and entire half of football in the modern NFL. You have to try to keep scoring and Chargers are a bottom 3 rushing team this year. They don’t score points or sustain drives running the ball. Short passes to Ekeler are basically their running game.

The o-line also was a fuckin mess, as is yearly tradition for the Chargers thanks to injury. They kept trying to run off tackle with their third-string LT out there and it did exactly what you think it did.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Herbert needs to force a trade I care about him.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I think they lost because they stopped having fun out there

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mistermojo posted:

I think they lost because they stopped having fun out there

The lions have demonstrated that having fun leads to good results, even from a cast of nobodies

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I still don't know what's more bewildering, blowing the 27 point lead or blowing the game with a +5 turnover margin

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh so this is why Al sounded so down when the game ended

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1614603901021437954

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What kind of addict placed that bet lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

solarjetman posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1614491341513281536 this guy gets on my nerves but I don't see how he's wrong here

This is fantastic play design I love it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

I still don't know what's more bewildering, blowing the 27 point lead or blowing the game with a +5 turnover margin

They scored off of four of 5 of those turnovers too, 27 of their 30 points came off of turnovers. The one they didn't score on turned into the punt that bounced off of someone's helmet into turnover #5.

So it wasn't like they were wasting opportunities exactly.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shyduck posted:

Turnover margin. Think about 28-3 , it happens because of an insane fumble when that huge linebacker killed Matt Ryan

In this game it was just one team going afk

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The337th posted:

the absolute worst part of the NFL is QB importance being so emphasized and exaggerated now that people can even credibly try to sell the argument that Herbert was anywhere near the top of the list of what went wrong last night

the line for franchise QB starts somewhere below being able to shield a team from every consequence of failing to execute with coaching, defense, and special teams

imagine Tom Brady trying to build up the impossibly clutch reputation that's poisoned people's expectations, if he had a brain genius like Staley over on the sidelines
One of the defining moments in Brady's career is throwing a game ending int to the chargers , who promptly fumble it trying to return rather than just taking a knee. For some reason Natr kaeding got blamed , Schotty fired and the curse would never be broken

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 15, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1614671893310722048?t=mQo_GoqtqCOPdWThv8V9OQ&s=19

This game just keeps giving

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

Yeah I definitely saw that 'whoa, no, I'm not supposed to be getting this ball!' on the jet sweep live. There's a different angle that shows it better out there somewhere, he's actively twisting away trying to get out of the way for what he assumes is a different play.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

…so, remember last week when the Chargers were playing a nothing game & decided to put all their starters on the field & one of them got his back hosed up? Well…

https://twitter.com/urinatingtree/status/1614628527466336256

Woozie66 posted:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
hi guys

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
How’s the hangover

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

You're alive! It would have been a good death but I'm glad you survived the night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hey do anything cool last night

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

rjmccall posted:

How’s the hangover
Honestly it hit worst right before I went to sleep last night

Still hard to believe that happened

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hopefully someone who can afford it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JT Jag posted:

Congrats

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

I probably wouldn’t have been able to sleep after that, I’d still be pumped hours later

We’re all very happy you didn’t drown yourself in the pool in the second quarter

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

rjmccall posted:

I probably wouldn’t have been able to sleep after that, I’d still be pumped hours later

We’re all very happy you didn’t drown yourself in the pool in the second quarter
It was a near thing, especially after the muffed kick

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Don't panic!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

It was a near thing, especially after the muffed kick

Yeah, that was hard to watch.

And then it became incredible to watch. I can’t imagine what it was like in the stadium.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

May have been money laundering gone wrong

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It was Elon Musk.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Or Drake.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Wouldn't be surprised at this point if an investment bank had a gambling arm where they have a billion statisticians combing through prop bets for things that they think have a positive return. I hope it was Goldman Sachs that made the bet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pain of Mind posted:

Wouldn't be surprised at this point if an investment bank had a gambling arm

What do you think an investment bank is?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Waltzing Along posted:

What do you think an investment bank is?

I don't know, whatever the correct term is for the banks/investment funds that always make speculative gambles and crash the economy every 20 years. I am not a finance person.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hughesta posted:

lol my brother is a chargers fan and he says he's not watching football anymore because it's rigged

He's right but the Jags won in spite of it

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

hughesta posted:

lol my brother is a chargers fan and he says he's not watching football anymore because it's rigged

I'm a Charger's fan and I don't think it's rigged... but I just couldn't bring myself to turn on any football today. I was looking forward to watching Bills/Dolphins and now I just don't want to look at anyone that doesn't have a poo poo-rear end dumb choke artist team. What the loving gently caress how the gently caress did that actually happen you pathetic, pathetic clowns.

Yeah so overall I'm pretty ok from last night I guess

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

syzpid posted:

and I'm going to assume once every 10 years sounds about right. From what I could find, it looks like it happened more often in the pre and early Super Bowl era just because passing wasn't as important.

Joe Montanna threw three picks in the The Catch game.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't know, whatever the correct term is for the banks/investment funds that always make speculative gambles and crash the economy every 20 years. I am not a finance person.

You missed the joke that everything investment banks do is already what you just described.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Oh, did not notice the quote was truncated, went over my head. :dumb:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

OneMoreTime posted:

Justin Herbert is this generation’s Tony Romo.

don't say that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Romo won two playoff games