Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dude Claudio and Adam Cole must have had a hell of a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

He was with Adam Cole, babay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
super wild card weekend

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MoaM posted:

Lol, Jags won... But no one cares because it didn't involve Tom Brady or whoever else is the hated player of this era.

:confused:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kirios posted:

Dude Claudio and Adam Cole must have had a hell of a time.

I wonder if AEW employees get free or discounted Jags tickets.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

What do you mean 'huh'? How many fans of the Jags do you know???

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

a neat cape posted:

super wild card weekend

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MoaM posted:

What does that have to do with tom brady

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MoaM posted:

there are several that post on this very forum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MoaM posted:

:confused:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Roasted Donut posted:

Indeed, what does it have to do with Tom Brady...

GNight GDT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who was that masked man?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Chargers lost because nobody in LA cares about football, it’s a Lakers town.

To have two football teams in LA is a waste.

And yes, I know many people embraced the “LA Raiders” shtick including numerous popular gangster rappers at the time, but they were always an Oakland team, and still are, in spirit.

*Yoda voice* Black and silver hats not make one great.

Hell, even the Rams weren’t really an LA team for decades. They played in Anaheim and were more like the Orange County Rams.

Saying they were an LA team was like calling them the Tulsa Rams of Oklahoma City, and saying the Raiders were an LA team was always like calling them the Tulsa Rams of San Antonio, or something.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

wow just watched the highlights of the game. trevor lawrence got picked off like he was doing a jay cutler impression and somehow turned it around and threw 4 TDs after that. how the chargers blew that by not running the ball. just incredible.

MrMojok posted:

Chargers lost because nobody in LA cares about football, it’s a Lakers town.

To have two football teams in LA is a waste.

And yes, I know many people embraced the “LA Raiders” shtick including numerous popular gangster rappers at the time, but they were always an Oakland team, and still are, in spirit.

*Yoda voice* Black and silver hats not make one great.

Hell, even the Rams weren’t really an LA team for decades. They played in Anaheim and were more like the Orange County Rams.

Saying they were an LA team was like calling them the Tulsa Rams of Oklahoma City, and saying the Raiders were an LA team was always like calling them the Tulsa Rams of San Antonio, or something.
Do you know the history of the Rams or the Chargers? you should probably look up their history

Gist of it is. the LA Rams were the original, first football team in Los Angeles (after moving out there from Cleveland). They were so popular that the owner of the Los Angeles Chargers moved them to San Diego after 2 years.

The LA Rams played in the LA Colosseum for like 3+ decades until their owner died and his rear end in a top hat of a wife, Georgia Frontiere, moved them to Anaheim Stadium because it had fewer seats so the likelihood of them selling out was easier and there wouldn't be blackout rules in effect.

The Rams only played there for 14 seasons, barely 1 decade if that. To say they weren't an LA team when they were the first team and in LA for nearly 34 years is wrong.

And People in LA didn't give up on the Rams, Georgia Frontiere was the one who gave up on the city.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the first LA team came to LA and ran off the chargers

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

LA fans didn't give up on the Rams. The owner just had to move because the fans gave up on the Rams.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
let me give further context:

no one gives a single poo poo about the rams history

additionally, negative infinite people give a gently caress about the chargers

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 15, 2023

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

The LA Rams played in the LA Colosseum for like 3+ decades until their owner died and his rear end in a top hat of a wife, Georgia Frontiere, moved them to Anaheim Stadium because it had fewer seats so the likelihood of them selling out was easier and there wouldn't be blackout rules in effect.

Sounds to me like the horrible NFL blackout rules were the issue there.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OGS-Remix posted:

I stopped watching at halftime. :stare:
So did the Chargers

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chinatown posted:

let me give further context:

no one gives a single poo poo about the rams history

additionally, negative infinite people give a gently caress about the chargers
This is the only Rams history that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqW0meqHNo

I will always have an odd affection for this because I was at the game when this was first unveiled to the bewilderment of everyone

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQLEUa0_aY

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought the rams were from St Louis

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My teamless LA friends largely jumped on the Rams bandwagon instead of the Chargers and I see Rams poo poo everywhere

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shyduck posted:

This is the only Rams history that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqW0meqHNo

I will always have an odd affection for this because I was at the game when this was first unveiled to the bewilderment of everyone

saaaaaaaaaack

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I thought the rams were from St Louis

They’re originally from Cleveland but couldn’t compete with the Browns.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My teamless LA friends largely jumped on the Rams bandwagon instead of the Chargers and I see Rams poo poo everywhere

One team recently won a super bowl

One team recently had one of the worst second half collapses in the history of NFL

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lots of people waking up to a hearty lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Asproigerosis posted:

One team recently won a super bowl

One team recently had one of the worst second half collapses in the history of NFL

of course, it's only natural for LA fans to bandwagon. This is the Way.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Good. I want Dean Spanos to always play second fiddle to the Rams and for his franchise to be a lifelong joke. The city of San Diego called his whiny billionaire bluff and now he's suffering for it. Bye, Dean! :wave:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dean is in a immense amount of pain and suffering

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Will Skylar Thompson throw more INTs today than Trevor Lawrence did last night?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Let's go the Buffalo Bills!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

let's see if the 7th seed is finally a good idea

(no)

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Let's go something resembling a football game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh right morning football.

I feel this is just gonna be onesided as hell.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Look, nobody cares about the amazing come back that just happened last night and everyone is talking about. This is because of Tom Brady. It’s real fuckin simple.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like teams trotting out third-string QBs is likely to make two of today's games duds and I'm putting all my clownball eggs in the Giants/Vikings basket but, hey, you never know.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Shindragon posted:

Oh right morning football.

I feel this is just gonna be onesided as hell.

The first half of SEA/SF was the only non-lopsided half we've seen in 2 games so far

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Instead of making an actual lunch I made some horse d'ovaries in the form of one of them shark uterus plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Instead of making an actual lunch I made some horse d'ovaries in the form of one of them shark uterus plates.

one of these things is not like the others