Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i agree that wuggles is a clown

ok this is getting out of hand

Rarity posted:

Little known fact, wuggles actually stands for World's Undeserving: Gypsies, Gays, Lesbians, Especially Semites. Yikes

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Procrastine posted:

I specifically said I don't think he's fascist! I think he's a gullible clown repeating fascist slogans because he saw them online in the funny memes

But it's very cool how the response to "please stop posting fascist poo poo" is "absolutely not" and "oh so you think the letter V is fascist always in all contexts???"

if all you said was "you probably didn't know this but this meme is being used a lot by fascists online, i'd be careful using it" then that's great but you were insanely smug and vague for no reason, of course people are going to respond with mockery

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Procrastine posted:

I specifically said I don't think he's fascist! I think he's a gullible clown repeating fascist slogans because he saw them online in the funny memes

But it's very cool how the response to "please stop posting fascist poo poo" is "absolutely not" and "oh so you think the letter V is fascist always in all contexts???"

maybe just say what you have to say instead of trying to turn it into an own next time. I know the politics forums have forgotten this but you can just talk to people like normal human beings if you think they made a mistake.

but we know your take away here is going to be 'they just love facist memes I guess'

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Looper posted:

okay i had no idea what you were talking about and just wanted you to explain your vagueposting on this discussion forum but like cool your jets just a little

yeah I'm maybe coming on a little strong but I'm just so sick of this poo poo being pervasive across the internet and wanted to try and stop it when I saw it here. Maybe it's not that obvious to average joe. I'm just so tired of it

This probably summarizes it better than I could

Even contains the part about how people act when you ask them to stop saying them!

Vermain posted:

if all you said was "you probably didn't know this but this meme is being used a lot by fascists online, i'd be careful using it" then that's great but you were insanely smug and vague for no reason, of course people are going to respond with mockery

yeah maybe. idk maybe I'm just too online to notice this poo poo, I just want people to not fall for fascist dogwhistles

Relax Or DIE posted:

maybe just say what you have to say instead of trying to turn it into an own next time. I know the politics forums have forgotten this but you can just talk to people like normal human beings if you think they made a mistake.

but we know your take away here is going to be 'they just love facist memes I guess'

come on man, you can't complain about people trying to get in owns and then end your post like that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Procrastine posted:

I'm just too online

It's this op

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Procrastine posted:

Maybe it's not that obvious to average joe.

A couple years ago I was explaining to my coworker the significance of the numbers "1488" (to be abundantly clear: I was saying they were bad, not good) and he had no idea. Normal people*, they have no idea about any of this poo poo. And we look like weird space aliens when we try to explain it to them.

* no one posting on the something awful forums is normal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

It's this op

Yeah you should really consider whether staying on top of the latest developments in fascist terminology is a good use of your time and improving your political mindset and quality of life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's time to lvg vff

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

It’s extremely hosed up that square is going to release a game called final fantasy xvi

It's pronounced ”chewey,"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Procrastine posted:

yeah I'm maybe coming on a little strong but I'm just so sick of this poo poo being pervasive across the internet and wanted to try and stop it when I saw it here. Maybe it's not that obvious to average joe. I'm just so tired of it

This probably summarizes it better than I could

Even contains the part about how people act when you ask them to stop saying them!

yeah maybe. idk maybe I'm just too online to notice this poo poo, I just want people to not fall for fascist dogwhistles

come on man, you can't complain about people trying to get in owns and then end your post like that

You're giving these things power yourself. I'm online as gently caress and you cannot see dogwhistles around every corner without going insane

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Remember the "Yes." chad meme face? how that was originally a white supremacist thing and then everyone just used it for harmless memes until it's now way too goofy to be taken seriously? that's how you get rid of the power of fascist memes, not cowering in fear or scolding people for using them in a harmless setting.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Also internet nazis don't really do subtlety so its not hard to sus out if someone is fash even if you aren't up to date on the current lingo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just settle it like real gamers

No items
Foxes only
Final Destination

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Just settle it like real gamers

No items
Foxes only
Final Destination

can i play piranha plant instead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/hogwarts-legacy/denuvo-steam-harry-potter-game

If everything else around Wizard Game wasn't bad enough, it's going to have Denuvo.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I will never stop vsing the letter V and watching Zyzz videos set to little dark age.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There was some nazi demonstration a few years ago and they key thing I remember from it is even the nazis find 4chan internet nazis incredibly annoying

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Almost literally every PC game intending to sell more than 20 copies launches with some form of DRM these days. I think every single Square-Enix game that comes to PC has Denuvo on it specifically, for instance. Tales of it affecting performance are largely apocryphal unless in extremely CPU-limited cases. It's usually switched off after the first few months or so.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

A couple years ago I was explaining to my coworker the significance of the numbers "1488" (to be abundantly clear: I was saying they were bad, not good) and he had no idea. Normal people*, they have no idea about any of this poo poo. And we look like weird space aliens when we try to explain it to them.

* no one posting on the something awful forums is normal

I'm pretty normal. Except for liking Fire Emblem.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly with how insane the internet has made society I don't think goons are much worse off than "normal" people nowadays. At least we are more self aware about it.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Been playing Ocarina of Time for the first time in 15 or so years. Just beat the Water Temple and heading to the Shadow Temple. I never had an N64 so the only times I played this before were once at a my neighbour's house when I was 6 and then on emulators as a young teen. Still a ton of fun, even if I keep trying to turn the camera on instinct and pulling out a bomb instead.

Man, Dark Link gets punked by the Biggoron Sword.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Honestly with how insane the internet has made society I don't think goons are much worse off than "normal" people nowadays. At least we are more self aware about it.
ehhhhh lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm way more self-aware than everyone else

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Draga posted:

Been playing Ocarina of Time for the first time in 15 or so years. Just beat the Water Temple and heading to the Shadow Temple. I never had an N64 so the only times I played this before were once at a my neighbour's house when I was 6 and then on emulators as a young teen. Still a ton of fun, even if I keep trying to turn the camera on instinct and pulling out a bomb instead.

Man, Dark Link gets punked by the Biggoron Sword.

hell yeah, don't forget to rank the dungeons once you're done

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've finally achieved 24 faith (and 16 strength and dexterity) so i can wield this sick angel wing scythe i found like ten hours ago, and also start leveling health

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Roman aesthetics are insanely cool and too-online people just going "oh okay thinking Rome is cool is fascist now" when fascists try to claim it is a stunning indictment of internet discourse

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just remind them how hugely gay the Spartans were

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Decided to dust off and get a little bit of FTL in and this run in sector 3 seems slightly above average

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

bone emulator posted:

Xenoblade 3 feels like its from some alternate dimension where they never stopped making ps2 games and it owns

gently caress yea. its so good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Feldegast42 posted:

Decided to dust off and get a little bit of FTL in and this run in sector 3 seems slightly above average

holy poo poo. just get that second shield pip and you're golden

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

just remind them how hugely gay the Spartans were

Notoriously part of the Roman Empire, Sparta

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Rarity posted:

It was and the Romans made the Agoge a tourist attraction

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

modern-day Spartan wannabes don't know or care about the difference

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is sparta!!!!!!!! lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I keep it 300 like the Romans - Kanye West

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This is Martha!!! XD

*points at old neighbor*

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Looper posted:

I've finally achieved 24 faith (and 16 strength and dexterity) so i can wield this sick angel wing scythe i found like ten hours ago, and also start leveling health

I used that scythe for the majority of my elden ring playthrough

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sparta was so famous in Roman republic times that patrician gweebs sent their sons there to study and train despite Sparta not being relevant militarily for at least a hundred years at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Sparta was so famous in Roman republic times that patrician gweebs sent their sons there to study and train despite Sparta not being relevant militarily for at least a hundred years at that point.

ivy league schools of the distant past?