Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
prediction: no one will even include "but by the content of their character" because they know, consciously or otherwise, that that is the metric on which they're being judged

except for Tony Branco, who is dense enough to include it uncritically, but probably also too dense to be aware that it is part of the same sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

prediction: no one will even include "but by the content of their character" because they know, consciously or otherwise, that that is the metric on which they're being judged

except for Tony Branco, who is dense enough to include it uncritically, but probably also too dense to be aware that it is part of the same sentence

Nah, the "content of their character" part is the entire cornerstone of the thing for them.

"See!? I hate them because they're disrespectful thugs with no character and saggy pants, not because they're black!"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Skios fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 15, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My desk is also a solid concrete block with a phone outlet

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I don't really know much about the Prince Harry stuff being seeing how loving mad establishment shills and monarchy lovers are about it has further convinced me he's in the right.
Especially when most complaints seem to be along the lines of "how dare he complain".

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

SimonChris posted:

Was it ever revealed how the devil nabbed 2022 in the first place? In 2021 it was a big deal that the storks had developed defensive measures with force fields and decoys and that is why the devil didn't get her. 2022 just showed up in a brothel one day.

Turns out he actually addressed this this year, so here is "Sinfest Sunday" with the two comics that haven't been posted yet:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

has Harry had that much to say about Parliament or is this just "ah yes I will draw Some Place In England to denote the royal family"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

really genuinely going in on “kanye was speaking truth to power” godspeed ishida

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Angepain posted:

has Harry had that much to say about Parliament or is this just "ah yes I will draw Some Place In England to denote the royal family"

There's like a 40% chance he thinks that that's Windsor or Buckingham.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot what weekend it was! So ready to be learn about one specific thing Martin Luther King Jr said and nothing else :getin:

It's that time again!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

If only there was some was to mitigate or halt this ... let's call it a "Changing of the Climate"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak: lost leader – Strikes, Brexit, the Tory right – the prime minister is beset by problems" After Charlie Mackesy.

Sunday Telegraph:

Britain reconsidering Iran nuclear deal after execution of Alireza Akbari

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Rishi Sunak in Scotland: Boris Johnson will stay in Uxbridge, PM confirms

Mac:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

I know there is much more to say about this, but Ishida is really showing his whole boomer rear end with that choice of bands, isn't he?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

I know there is much more to say about this, but Ishida is really showing his whole boomer rear end with that choice of bands, isn't he?

He's solidly GenX, which goes along well with that choice of bands.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

SimonChris posted:

Turns out he actually addressed this this year, so here is "Sinfest Sunday" with the two comics that haven't been posted yet:

"Twisted Sibling"

One loving joke.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What even is the joke applying that to known gender conformists Twisted Sister?

They're dull now because they got vaccinated and are gender neutral?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I find it funny some people are outraged that they are told gas stoves are dangerous and think the government should stay out of it while at the same time they feel dressing in clothes that doesn't match your sex should be a capital offense.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Oh cool it's that old Mel Gibson anti regulation vitamin ad again. It's just as honest now as it was when it first aired.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The government is coming to take all your radium. Better eat it all before they can stop you.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
You can have my asbestos Christmas tree flocking when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Adenoid Dan posted:

Oh cool it's that old Mel Gibson anti regulation vitamin ad again. It's just as honest now as it was when it first aired.

Ah, a classic of the form.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Protect your right to Vitamins and other supplements like cyanide containing bogus cancer cures

Adenoid Dan posted:

You can have my asbestos Christmas tree flocking when you pry it from my cold dead lungs!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The really cool thing about about the people whining about the government taking their gas stoves, is that statistically speaking, most of them don't have gas stoves. None of them gave a single poo poo about it until just the other day.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
You can have my cryogenic limb destruction device when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s really very telling that Kanye only became a recurring hero character for Tats after coming out as a full blown nazi

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is Ishida so obsessed with sex work? A huge proportion of his fictional world is constructed on this edifice where selling sex is everyone’s primary concern and a thing fundamental to the lives of all women, even if they’re not doing it. Is it a metaphor that got out from under his control at some point? The chief antagonist of Ishida’s universe is just a pimp? It’s baffling.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It's 43 in Chicago right now. (Where he's based)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why is Ishida so obsessed with sex work? A huge proportion of his fictional world is constructed on this edifice where selling sex is everyone’s primary concern and a thing fundamental to the lives of all women, even if they’re not doing it. Is it a metaphor that got out from under his control at some point? The chief antagonist of Ishida’s universe is just a pimp? It’s baffling.
Which is funny given how much early Sinfest was just ("ironically")worshipping pimps as cool.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

Tats identifies as a true male ally because he hates LGBTQ people and fell into TERF bullshit before going full nazi lover. Because he’s really just a piece of poo poo he can only see feminism from his perspective on women and it turns out for Tats it’s just women = sex so women doing the bad sex, the kind for money, is the clearest example of anti-feminism. Again he hasn’t said a single thing about abortion or the overturning of Roe v Wade despite that being a clear removal of rights from women. Remember Tats started this whole feminism grift after people called him out for rampant sexism in the original versions of Sinfest and he really hasn’t changed

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 15, 2023

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Yeah, he initially hid behind faux-feminist SWERFdom to hide that he's a gross creep, and predictably descended into his current terribleness from there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren:The 2022 Kellies nomination thread is now live! Nominations close February 18.:siren:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Going through last years' Kellies thread to relive the memories I stumbled across this one:

So yeah: Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Has he never seen a Foo Fighters video? loving try to keep Dave Grohl from putting on a dress, see what happens.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

logger posted:

I find it funny some people are outraged that they are told gas stoves are dangerous and think the government should stay out of it while at the same time they feel dressing in clothes that doesn't match your sex should be a capital offense.

The one actual tenet of conservatism is that there must be an in-group whom the law protects, but does not bind, and an out-group whom the law binds but does not protect.

All of their "principles" of small government or personal responsibility or sensible fiscal policy are straight up lies, even if some of them believe otherwise; all they really want is to be allowed to do anything they like, no matter how cruel or petty, while anyone deemed to be an Other must be denied that same freedom. It's the only explanation that is wholly consistent with their actions.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nameless Pete posted:

Has he never seen a Foo Fighters video? loving try to keep Dave Grohl from putting on a dress, see what happens.
I think he's mostly mad that all those bands believe that Covid exists, when in the past they were cool and edgy and anti-authority.

Never mind what kind of authority they were against or that he'd 100% be on the Christians Against Devil Music Committee against Dee Snider.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Warren Brown:

NSW premier Dominic Perrottet who is dominating the cartoons after revealing he wore a Nazi uniform at his 21st birthday party.

Broelman:

'Not above the law': Dominic Perrottet to be referred to NSW police after Nazi costume revelation (SBS). "The NSW Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party will refer the premier to police to test if he potentially breached an obscure law on declarations."

Leak, Son of Leak:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting :smuggo:

Seriously though, this is apparently A Point that conservatives are making now:

https://twitter.com/briangitt/status/1614654067195916288

"Look at how dumb the Federal Government is! If they take away our gas stoves, we'll have to default to the only other option, wood stoves, which are way worse!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't believe I have to cook over this giant unshielded lump of Strontium-90. Thanks Obama.