Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, Romo won two playoff games

Romo didn't win his first until he was 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

E: wrong thread lol

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
We almost went 3/3 on embarrassing losses to start wild card weekend, but honestly this was still an embarrassing win

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That was one of the dumbest games I've watched this season.

It still won't be the dumbest game this weekend.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1614741453510426630?s=46&t=KWI-6AXofTqnF-D9E-nOew

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you feared the Bills going into playoffs: don't anymore

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McDaniel sucks, people think he's good because he seems nerdy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Remember when the Bills were the favorites to win the Super Bowl?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Uhhh how could he be bad he's a hip young mcvay

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Tragic the Ravens are so injury plagued. They could stomp in the AFC.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
that was longest/drawn out game ever. Goddamn.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

That was one of the dumbest games I've watched this season.

It still won't be the dumbest game this weekend.

Case in point: the Ravens are starting two QBs somehow

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shindragon posted:

that was longest/drawn out game ever. Goddamn.

that's what happens when you abandon the Run, time itself forsakes you

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Feels like next week bengals (assuming they win)/bills will be a shootout that bills lose in heartbreaking fashion

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Tragic the Ravens are so injury plagued. They could stomp in the AFC.

The two best AFC teams haven’t even played yet.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The two best AFC teams haven’t even played yet.

The Bengals coaching sucks and the Chiefs are vulnerable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

Uhhh how could he be bad he's a hip young mcvay
McVay is younger than him.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Bengals coaching sucks and the Chiefs are vulnerable.

The chiefs aren’t vulnerable to the ravens. And the Bengals coaching has been pretty good this season after a rough few game start, they actually adapted their game plans and started evolving week to week so they didnt get trapped in specific tendencies. The defensive game plans are always pretty good too.

Oh and the Jags exist. Idk, even a healthy Ravens team I’d still put at like 5th in the AFC playoffs maybe 4th if the Bills want to keep playing like poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Remember when the Bills were the favorites to win the Super Bowl?

that first game meant nothing

the rams were megafrauds

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Edit: wrong thread

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The chiefs aren’t vulnerable to the ravens. And the Bengals coaching has been pretty good this season after a rough few game start, they actually adapted their game plans and started evolving week to week so they didnt get trapped in specific tendencies. The defensive game plans are always pretty good too.

Oh and the Jags exist. Idk, even a healthy Ravens team I’d still put at like 5th in the AFC playoffs maybe 4th if the Bills want to keep playing like poo poo

The Ravens are down Lamar and their top two WRs. The difference between those guys playing is a poor WR vs the very worst WR corp in the league. An offense featuring those guys and the Ravens current defense could play right with anyone in the playoffs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens are down Lamar and their top two WRs. The difference between those guys playing is a poor WR vs the very worst WR corp in the league. An offense featuring those guys and the Ravens current defense could play right with anyone in the playoffs.

That doesn't help us but you can't keep chalking everything up to injuries for the Ravens. This is a fundamentally flawed team with a terrible philosophy and acceptance of mediocrity. And a head coach who doesn't do anything.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh they’d be competitive but every other team left in the AFC playoffs has an amazing young QB too so at that point its coaching and I’d take Andy Reid, Doug Pederson, Zac Taylor, and McDermott over Harbaugh + Roman

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Zac Taylor suuuuuuuuuuuucks. Burrow and that WR corp bail him out constantly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Rashod Bateman had 28 catches this year for an average of 2.5 receptions per game for 47 yards per game. The Ravens were struggling before he went down. And all we ever wanted to do with Duvernay was the exact same jet sweep.

Maybe Zac Taylor sucks but at least he doesn't ration his WR targets like the Ravens seem to do. And you could say the same thing about the Ravens coaches relying on Lamar to bail them out of their worthless game "plans"

John Harbaugh has never made up a gameplan in his life. He's done it as many times as I have. Zero!!!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 15, 2023

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He loving owns actually lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Zac Taylor suuuuuuuuuuuucks. Burrow and that WR corp bail him out constantly.

Nah they’ve totally reworked the offense this year after the rough start. This version of the bengals offense is so much better designed than last year where they were totally dependent on big plays.

I don’t think Zac’s a genius but he finally adapted the offense to his QB and o-lines strengths so they do a lot of shotgun/pistol where Burrow likes to operate and actually do a pretty good run game out of the shotgun too. It’s been very different from what they were trying to run at the start of the year.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Are you good people aware you’re having this dumb argument in the Aftermath thread

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

rjmccall posted:

Are you good people aware you’re having this dumb argument in the Aftermath thread

Ravens fans always love to have dumb arguments in aftermath threads. Usually its about how bad their team is so “we’re actually better than everyone else in the AFC when healthy” is a hell of a change up.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Ravens fans always love to have dumb arguments in aftermath threads. Usually its about how bad their team is so “we’re actually better than everyone else in the AFC when healthy” is a hell of a change up.

Sure, but they haven’t even played their game yet. Surely we’ll have some better grist for the eternal argument mill in about six hours.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

My stream is a little ahead of yours. I already have seen we lost!!!

The Ravens are legitimately trying to run a 2-QB game with Huntley and Brown. Like that's going to somehow work. What a dumb plan. How about instead of convoluted crap like that just hope we don't turn it over four times and the defense can have another good day. But this is the crap that causes four turnovers using two QBs at once that you haven't practiced or worked under all year.

It's nothing but a cheap trick. We're in a difficult position but cheap tricks aren't going to go beating top teams. You just have to hope your best players that are out there have great games in them and go with that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 15, 2023

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

I need a cigarette. Go Bills!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a cheap trick can be great. it can even beat a top team. you have to not keep going to it. if they move on to the next round they need a different cheap trick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It also could be not as cheap as you think. the cheap trick might be that the trick appears cheap. then it could work for longer than 1 game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
1000% on board for every cheap trick the Ravens can muster. We have the largest man in the NFL sitting there on the bench. Dude should get some snaps at TE, with Dobbins playing QB.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there used to be a trick play in the old nfl called the big bobcat formation. you'd have an athlete lined up to be the apparent direct snap taker. instead of a qb. it's designed to be less predictable, and to trick or even just to somewhat confuse or unsettle a defense, providing the same look for very significantly different plays. and it used to work wonders

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I want a good, clean game

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

It also could be not as cheap as you think. the cheap trick might be that the trick appears cheap. then it could work for longer than 1 game.

Cheap Trick was my first live act to see when they opened for STP in 1997.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's just say STP should have been your first live act to see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The only thing that really was seared into my memory that night was Scott Weiland losing his poo poo at an audience member that threw a water bottle and flipped the band off. Scott was yelling stuff like “come on up here I’m gonna gently caress you up then gently caress you in the rear end. I’m gonna take you backstage and gently caress you. My dick. Your rear end. Backstage. Now.”

The rest of the band dragged him backstage while security kicked the guy from the pit out. About 10 minutes later they came out and finished the set.