Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A well built Raiden slots into any team where there's a gap in cooldowns. In addition to being a top tier burst DPS, she'll make sure everyones' bursts are charged when she's done. her biggest drawback is she's electro, which was a bigger liability before dendro.

You can do whatever you want with the team building, but her use in the International shell is why she got the shining reputation to start. Electro is still a liability at times and she may not be bringing the best value to your slot anyway. :shrug:

I do see her more as a build-around like No Wave, exceptions to this being the dendro teams or a physical (Eula) enabler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Got a Raiden Constellation on a won 50/50. Next time she's up I plan to go for the 2nd one for sure.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have most of the characters, right now the only one I would actually say is non-replacable compared to other options is Nahida. And Nahida is an archon, so she'll have another re-run relatively soon compared to most characters. And that's really only because the current dendro options don't offer the absurd off-field application she does at a reliable rate.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

I have most of the characters, right now the only one I would actually say is non-replacable compared to other options is Nahida. And Nahida is an archon, so she'll have another re-run relatively soon compared to most characters. And that's really only because the current dendro options don't offer the absurd off-field application she does at a reliable rate.

I'm not sure it's possible to top "mass applies dendro just by quickly looking at the enemies with Skill, and then reapplies it every second for a good while after even off-field, and also the skill has a short cooldown". Like, you'd have to have Dendro Raiden to even reasonably compare to that.

Every dendro character's application is probably going to look bad in comparison, unless they just clone her later on down the road ala Yelan.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

If I could only keep one of my 5*s it would absolutely be Nahida.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk if you could only have 1 5*, kazuha's still prob the best one just because you can't replicate that vertical mobility with 4* characters. maybe some day

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tree Reformat posted:

I'm not sure it's possible to top "mass applies dendro just by quickly looking at the enemies with Skill, and then reapplies it every second for a good while after even off-field, and also the skill has a short cooldown". Like, you'd have to have Dendro Raiden to even reasonably compare to that.

Every dendro character's application is probably going to look bad in comparison, unless they just clone her later on down the road ala Yelan.

the downside is that she has to reapply it when those enemies die so you can't just slam on the gas for multi-wave content where you're killing stuff more than once per 8 seconds. (first world problems!)

since al haitham's dendro application is a self buff instead of an enemy debuff he:ll probably be better at stuff like speedrunning the scaramouche artifact domain

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I find it incredibly hard to ditch Kazuha because his ability to gather both every enemy and every drop directly to me is so OP

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk if you could only have 1 5*, kazuha's still prob the best one just because you can't replicate that vertical mobility with 4* characters. maybe some day

Probably the most meaningless point to make an argument for Kazuha being the top dog, tbh.

Nevermind the fact that he just kinda works with almost any team, look at his movement ability!

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Is there a C6 can solo both halves of all/most Abyss floor 12s (not in the same run obviously)?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Probably the most meaningless point to make an argument for Kazuha being the top dog, tbh.

Nevermind the fact that he just kinda works with almost any team, look at his movement ability!

if you're comparing kazuha to nahida then that's irrelevant. it's just down to whether you prefer the mobility or the easy gathering

so many character trivialize combat that it doesn't really matter which one you pick for that. use the one you like the most

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boat Stuck posted:

Is there a C6 can solo both halves of all/most Abyss floor 12s (not in the same run obviously)?

I don't think even c6, I saw a solo yelan run last abyss rotation.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Boat Stuck posted:

Yelan absolutely can solo 3 star any single target focused Abyss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN6fVTLY3u8&t=983s

With the right setup, she can solo it faster than hypercarry Xiao even.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boat Stuck posted:

I googled this, and didn't find any good universal answer for multiple abysses...

but I did discover this blast from the past. Why can't our floor 12s look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24xub2Y1JY

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Boat Stuck posted:

How about a C0R1 Ganyu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D65ExlKfKQ

Ken has a lot of solo content and I think it's all C0R1. They're very good at the game.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 16, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Think this banner is gonna be a complete skip for me. Don't really want al haitham or xiao or any of the 4 stars...

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
saving for dehya 🤌

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

saving for dehya 🤌

I hope she’s good. :pray:

I wonder what kinda team she’ll be good for.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Are they intentionally ruining banners by putting Xinyan on them, or.. ?

Wasn't she just on a banner? Stop, you assholes.

Also, put some new goddamn weapons on the battle pass for gently caress's sake.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Looks like Dehya and Mika are confirmed for 3.5

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1614927037390626823?s=20
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1614927856047476736?s=20

BlackPersona fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 16, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was intending to save for Dehya (since I have a guaranteed 50/50 and everything) but after much reflection I think I'd rather wait for the hydro archon... next year. Or whenever they show up.

Hyperbloom is doing me well. Burgeon might also be okay but a sidegrade at best.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DancingShade posted:

I was intending to save for Dehya (since I have a guaranteed 50/50 and everything) but after much reflection I think I'd rather wait for the hydro archon... next year. Or whenever they show up.

Hyperbloom is doing me well. Burgeon might also be okay but a sidegrade at best.

?

You mean like getting a high constellation for the hydro archon? Between now and whenever the next archon comes out is probably somewhere between 400 and 600 wishes worth of free or low-cost wishes. You don't have to pass on a character coming a month or so from now for one coming in 6-9 months.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BabyRyoga posted:

?

You mean like getting a high constellation for the hydro archon? Between now and whenever the next archon comes out is probably somewhere between 400 and 600 wishes worth of free or low-cost wishes. You don't have to pass on a character coming a month or so from now for one coming in 6-9 months.

More so I can get the gimmick weapon (of type TBD) after losing at least twice on whatever the weapon banner is. Those things are wish-eaters.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DancingShade posted:

More so I can get the gimmick weapon (of type TBD) after losing at least twice on whatever the weapon banner is. Those things are wish-eaters.

Fair enough.

Speaking of which, what is a good estimate of wishes per 5* overall? Like maybe 60-65? Even if you go to pity several times in a row, eventually you will early pull stuff. Is there a average 5* per 1000 wishes based off some large sample size of public data?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Fair enough.

Speaking of which, what is a good estimate of wishes per 5* overall? Like maybe 60-65? Even if you go to pity several times in a row, eventually you will early pull stuff. Is there a average 5* per 1000 wishes based off some large sample size of public data?

Paimon.moe has some data here, it's split by character banners though

https://paimon.moe/wish/tally

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

For the standard and character banners, yeah, that's exactly right. In principle the mean is exactly 62.5, but because you can only make a whole number of rolls it turns out to be more like 63.

The pity timer skews the distribution toward the high end, so the median is a bit higher.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh is Yelan not until the second half of the next banner?

So I have time then

Kale
May 14, 2010

I can't get any vibe other than the Chad Dehya/the Virgin Mika off of seeing these two together at the same time. Dehya looks ready to start throwing some dukes left and right and like she's asking if you want any of this while Mika looks very nervous to be part of a marketing campaign right now and knows people were hoping for his captain instead for 3.5.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

I can't get any vibe other than the Chad Dehya/the Virgin Mika off of seeing these two together at the same time. Dehya looks ready to start throwing some dukes left and right and like she's asking if you want any of this while Mika looks very nervous to be part of a marketing campaign right now and knows people were hoping for his captain instead for 3.5.
If Bennett and Xingqiu have taught us anything, it's that the unassuming-looking ones are exactly who you have to watch out for.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I hope she’s good. :pray:

I wonder what kinda team she’ll be good for.

:pray: Pyro Raiden

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol that Mika is a Eula support. They didn't forget my girl even after all this time.

e. oh man Dehya's kit is perfect too. Glad I've got a million primos banked.

Radical fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 16, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
drat, they ruined Mika?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

At least he knows how to wear a jacket unlike a certain lady from liyue

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I am extremely chuffed with the leaked Dehya kit

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you forgot to post it :arghfist:

sounds like dehya's skill is a mix of pyro albedo and pyro kokomi. coordinated attacks in the AOE like Albedo, making her probably a strong reaction enabler for melt teams, idk if it'd work for burgeon or be too much. also not sure what the damage on it is like and whether she could be an off-field vape dps like xiangling. like kokomi she can pop her burst to extend its duration and reach 100% uptime and she gets to do some brief onfield stuff afterwards. no team heals but she gives the whole team stagger resistance and transfers damage they take to herself as a sort of tank

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 16, 2023

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Yessssssss

Mika is a cryo healer with good buffs for Eula.

Goodbye Diona, hello Xinyan's shield not being kind of redundant!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, Mika also uses Wolfhook. Somehow, that's only the second character to use those things after Razor.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Mika is fine as a standalone, if niche, support. He just happens to be significantly stronger when specifically supporting physical units, is all. You can still use him with like, Scara, etc. Hopefully his banner is Dehya/Eula so that I can pick up some copies of him, C6 will be very cool with Pike Zhongli.

Dehya feels kinda pointless to speculate about at the moment tbh. We really need to know her scalings, how strong her interrupt resistance is, ICD, etc. She has potential to do some interesting things, and if nothing else she seems like she can fall back on the old pyro vape/melt/overvape dps standbyes. Seems pretty cool overall, wish her E CD got reduced to 15 seconds.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ironically, Mika isn't as good as a Razor support because it doesn't sound like he has any off-field cryo application: you'd have to run him as one half of a double cryo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Makes sense that Mika is basically Eula’s gofer.