Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I know that when you redeem reward points there is a dropdown for 1 or 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

American McGay posted:

I use an AppleTV because the UI/integration is really slick but I’m not sure the actual performance or quality is any better than when I use webOS (is that what LG tvs are still using?) version of Plex on my dad’s TV.

I use an Apple TV because AFAIK it’s still the only smart TV platform that properly supports framerate matching. Even with my TV’s 3:2 pulldown correction, the built-in apps still don’t look ‘right’ motion-wise versus every app on the ATV Just Works

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I use my Xbox instead of all the Smart TV apps on my Samsung, the colour when using HDR and the lack of lagging on the UI is much better.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just use the LG apps to watch all my streaming subs. That way, only one device is on and that will save me some electricity and possibly some wear and tear on the Xbox.

Also, I think it looks great on the LG CX.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

sledgehammering my TV and router so that ad execs don't find out I've been trying to stream Xanadu all week

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I use my Xbox instead of all the Smart TV apps on my Samsung, the colour when using HDR and the lack of lagging on the UI is much better.

Exactly this. We've tried the tv apps but they were very unreliable.

Also I have one of those PiHoles that were mentioned on the last page. You need to unblock a few Microsoft domains for Xbox Live but it doesn't interfere at all otherwise.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

John F Bennett posted:

I just use the LG apps to watch all my streaming subs. That way, only one device is on and that will save me some electricity and possibly some wear and tear on the Xbox.

Also, I think it looks great on the LG CX.

Yeah, the built-in apps on other TVs I’ve used haven’t been amazing but the LG ones are great, quick and responsive with the best video quality

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Exactly this. We've tried the tv apps but they were very unreliable.

Also I have one of those PiHoles that were mentioned on the last page. You need to unblock a few Microsoft domains for Xbox Live but it doesn't interfere at all otherwise.

I just allowed my entire XBox to bypass the pihole adblocking. The dashboard ads are my friends and tell me useful info like new gamepass games, fresh sales, and exciting giveaways.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I don't think mine even blocks the dash ads. :shrug:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Illusive Man posted:

I use an Apple TV because AFAIK it’s still the only smart TV platform that properly supports framerate matching. Even with my TV’s 3:2 pulldown correction, the built-in apps still don’t look ‘right’ motion-wise versus every app on the ATV Just Works

How old is your smart tv? My 2020 HiSense Roku TV zoots right over to 24p when necessary in everything but Netflix.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm probably already on a watch list because I let my sister and her roommate use my Netflix account years ago. I'm listed as someone who watched Irreversible and Yu-Gi-oh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

I'm probably already on a watch list because I let my sister and her roommate use my Netflix account years ago. I'm listed as someone who watched Irreversible and Yu-Gi-oh.

:goofy:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yu-Gi-Oh is epic.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I impulse bought a Series S a month and a bit ago despite having a gaming PC and a PS5 and I honestly love it. Much prefer just chilling on the couch and playing the gamepass indies instead of being hunched over at my computer desk. If someone could only get one thing to play games on I would definitely tell them to go xbox.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Hard agree, but out of curiosity, why not play the PS5 from the couch?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS5 has no games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Unfortunately the size of the PS5 will block the view of the television from most couches.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Unfortunately the size of the PS5 will block the view of the television from most couches.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Do PS5s come with straps to secure them to walls so they don't crush toddlers if not why not

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh is epic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

priznat posted:

Do PS5s come with straps to secure them to walls so they don't crush toddlers if not why not

The system has sensors that detect and record toddlers being crushed for use in future playstation media properties

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Hard agree, but out of curiosity, why not play the PS5 from the couch?

I bet the liquid metal already leaked all over his motherboard and rendered it unusable

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The PS5 was designed to crush cats that previously slept on older PlayStation consoles.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vampire Survivors isn't on PS5? Lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

Vampire Survivors isn't on PS5? Lol.

nothing is

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Playstation5 can't play Playstation1 games but you know what can

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I did not realize that Death Stranding is on PC Game Pass. I guess it's time to finally give it a chance.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I did not realize that Death Stranding is on PC Game Pass. I guess it's time to finally give it a chance.

Fyi it's not the directors cut. It's fine to play but you'll be missing out on some content and features

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Director’s Cut removes the Monster brand energy drink so who’s to say which version is actually superior.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there more or less urination in the director's cut, this is the make or break question

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

American McGay posted:

The PS5 has no games.

I saw one on shelves for the first time ever this weekend, and was tempted to get my wallet out before I remembered "there won't actually be a game on this you want to play for another year."

Then I went home and racked up like 15 Vampire Survivors cheevos :hellyeah:

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I saw one on shelves for the first time ever this weekend, and was tempted to get my wallet out before I remembered "there won't actually be a game on this you want to play for another year."

Then I went home and racked up like 15 Vampire Survivors cheevos :hellyeah:

Xbox has no games

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

nom epique posted:

Xbox has no games

I just said I was playing one. Ya gotta learn to listen nom epique.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

All we are saying, is give Pass a chance.

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

I bought a LG C2 on Black Friday and it’s badass, but had a TCL 5 series for 3 years before that and it was probably the best TV I’ve owned until now. 6 series looks even better and really with a smart tv I just want it to be snappy and not loving obtuse like a Vizio or even LG. Highly recommend TCL if you’re not looking to splash out and just want something that works and has a good panel

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's another Xbox sale going on and one of the featured games is some Tiger Woods Golf thing. The boxart is amazing, I can't stop laughing at it.

He's somehow scratching his back with his club, while he's in the club?! :psyduck:

e: vvv I realize it's probably a normal golf photo and I know fuckall about it, it just looked funny to me.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 17, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

There's another Xbox sale going on and one of the featured games is some Tiger Woods Golf thing. The boxart is amazing, I can't stop laughing at it.

He's somehow scratching his back with his club, while he's in the club?! :psyduck:

His swing concludes there naturally. It's the signature part of his reinvented golf swing.

Game sucks tho bad ball physics.

E:

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 17, 2023

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

e: vvv I realize it's probably a normal golf photo and I know fuckall about it, it just looked funny to me.

Decent box art will be a lost art pretty soon. More than it is now, I mean

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

PGA2K is a dog, unfortunately. Tiger Woods 09 for the 360 stays winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Glad to hear these warnings about 2k23, I have the '21 version and was legitimately considering the new one, but this saves me money.