Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Why is her family shooting at her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

It was because they did it at the station while on duty.

It wasn't even that. It was that they lied about it when asked.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Better to be bangin' in the station than it is to be out interacting with the public.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Platystemon posted:

Clouded leopard Nova reunited with sister; cut fence found in Dallas Zoo monkey enclosure

So the monkeys did it ?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

GWBBQ posted:

I mean they kill people on duty but that usually gets you a lighter punishment

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Haven't you heard, though ? Police are officially unfuckable.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nowadays yes but Sting used to be trim and fit.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inceltown posted:

It wasn't even that. It was that they lied about it when asked.
I wonder what happens when they kill people at the station and then lie about it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I’ve heard of gently caress the police but this is ridiculous.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lady Disdain posted:

So the monkeys did it ?

Probably some animal rights nutjob trying to free the animals.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cythereal posted:

Probably some animal rights nutjob trying to free the animals.
Just say "PETA", animal rights is a worthy cause and actual animal rights advocates understand that (modern, well regulated) zoos are pretty much the last line of defence for many near-extinct animals, and that taking an animal raised in captivity and just dumping it into the wild is just going to give some random scavenger a free meal.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Aside from PETA it might be somebody trying to steal animals for the exotic pet trade, both of those animals would be worth something.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

GrossMurpel posted:

Why is her family shooting at her?

Don’t rely on the lamestream media, Google Clinton Body Count and do your own research.

Also, jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

If I remember correctly this anecdote is from a book that also alleged that Bill and Hillary decorated a Christmas tree with condoms and crack pipes.There were a lot of nutty anti-Clinton books back then so I may have them mixed up, but I'm pretty sure that's the one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

If I remember correctly this anecdote is from a book that also alleged that Bill and Hillary decorated a Christmas tree with condoms and crack pipes.There were a lot of nutty anti-Clinton books back then so I may have them mixed up, but I'm pretty sure that's the one.

Kinda like Obama, their imagination far exceeds what we got

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Splicer posted:

Semi-related, western cats are becoming increasingly lactose tolerant purely because we keep insisting they love milk and forcing it on them.

Based on personal experience, they do love milk and will go to great lengths to get it, and do not heed statements like "that's bad for you, you shouldn't eat it" when climbing up your leg to get at your breakfast cereal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Aside from PETA it might be somebody trying to steal animals for the exotic pet trade, both of those animals would be worth something.

It’s a Scooby Doo mystery.

The villain wants the clouded leopard to eat a monkey so that the bad press kills the zoo and they can buy the property for peanuts and develop the real estate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0k-fc_Ulsk

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Splicer posted:

Just say "PETA", animal rights is a worthy cause and actual animal rights advocates understand that (modern, well regulated) zoos are pretty much the last line of defence for many near-extinct animals, and that taking an animal raised in captivity and just dumping it into the wild is just going to give some random scavenger a free meal.

It's also a good way to expose an animal to a whole new world of pathogens and expose nature to new pathogens. You have to be super loving careful in regards to so so many factors if you are keeping an animal you intend to release into nature. Disease, human socialization, proper food gathering, etc. Some animals are easier than others like fish and turtles, but say you wanna re-wild a bunch of zoo monkeys? Probably drat near impossible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Herpes B is the one that you don’t want to get.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Platystemon posted:

But Pokemon taught me that I gotta catch 'em all?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Desert Bus posted:

It's also a good way to expose an animal to a whole new world of pathogens and expose nature to new pathogens. You have to be super loving careful in regards to so so many factors if you are keeping an animal you intend to release into nature. Disease, human socialization, proper food gathering, etc. Some animals are easier than others like fish and turtles, but say you wanna re-wild a bunch of zoo monkeys? Probably drat near impossible.
Yeah there's a reason I said "Scavenger" and not "Predator". Odds are it'd die of parasites, disease, and exposure before another animal could murder it.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Jan 16, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Platystemon posted:

The B stands for "bad"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1615481611386077185

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1615461224036147205

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat, that must've been some prank

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The world's oldest person isn't dead in the same way we never get to tomorrow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was once the youngest person on Earth.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Most of these January deaths have been kind of eh, but this one was shocking and unexpected

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

I was once the youngest person on Earth.

And I was once the dumbest

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Echidnas blow snot bubbles and do belly flops to keep cool

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

And I was once the dumbest

Sorry I took your trophy :(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1615318024487141380

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Lobok posted:

The world's oldest person isn't dead in the same way we never get to tomorrow.
World's oldest person will be dead eventually. Sun exploding'll get them, if nothing else

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Does the wallet page show your full credit card number and not just the last four digits? That seems unusual and negligent.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardianeco/status/1612709082456260608

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1615446912307453974?t=ju8iZllOAcpqdVDd8TMOzA&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's true, I've experienced numerous long-term health problems due to secondhand snacks.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Just involuntarily inhaling this cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's true, I've experienced numerous long-term health problems due to secondhand snacks.

If you're snacking with both hands then it's really more of a meal.