Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Didn't Romain have an actual mechanical failure? Like his wheel broke or something insane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

harperdc posted:

Much like with IndyCar, they didn’t sign a big enough check for the exclusivity.

Never mind how good both games are, of course that’s a secondary concern.

yeah I did some reading about what happened and it seems like the guys who own rfactor are spending loads of money on the exclusive licences for le mans, indy etc.

drat that sucks

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vando posted:

Guys guys settle down it's all a perfectly normal and acceptable freak technical failure!

https://twitter.com/RGrosjean/status/1614653944277643264

To seriouspost those examples are more like when your machine or wheel breaks.

This is more like there's several raised manhole covers and they're letting people cross the track to go to the shops and refuse to do anything about it.

spamman posted:

Didn't Romain have an actual mechanical failure? Like his wheel broke or something insane?

I don't know who it was but yeah someone was taken out by a wheel disconnect at the worst possible part of the track. That I don't have a problem with.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully in sim racing they also simulate random rocket attacks at Jeddah

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Aphex- posted:

Hopefully in sim racing they also simulate random rocket attacks at Jeddah

ArmA3 does have a karting DLC, just expand that to GT cars.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
loving up virtual le mans servers is in no way like real world safety gently caress ups, come on

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i'm by no means a simracing expert but to me rfactor2 seems to have the best "feel," and it seemed like community multiplayer was starting to progress, so this is disappointing. maybe msg will go bankrupt and sell it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

loving up virtual le mans servers is in no way like real world safety gently caress ups, come on

Actually, it's basically 1955 all over again, OP.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Tsaedje posted:

I heard many people are saying this and definitely not the people you made up in your head just now

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dudley posted:

This is more like there's several raised manhole covers and they're letting people cross the track to go to the shops and refuse to do anything about it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Think the point there is that it would keep causing the race to be suspended not that computer cars are going to start mowing people down

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Getting mad at your online video game will never be a cool or good look even for a two* time WDC*

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

SocksAndSandals posted:

Getting mad at your online video game will never be a cool or good look even for a two* time WDC*

Meanwhile Sir Lewis and video games

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we should all get max verstappen to play fortnite and then teabag him as goku, naruto and john wick

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

SocksAndSandals posted:

While Max was getting mad over video games Lewis was having the time of his life snowboarding in Antarctica.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

imagine if abu dhabi had gone lewis's way instead of max's.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The funniest part of Grosjean’s tweet is he works for MSG.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

we should all get max verstappen to play fortnite and then teabag him as goku, naruto and john wick

Max is apparently deep into FIFA.

Vando posted:

Think the point there is that it would keep causing the race to be suspended not that computer cars are going to start mowing people down

Yeah apparently there’s stability issues with running rFactor 2 that long. Kind of An Issue when you’re doing a 24-hour race.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

The funniest part of Grosjean’s tweet is he works for MSG.

Lmao. The 'do you guys not have phones?' moment of sim racing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Bloody Pom posted:

Lmao. The 'do you guys not have phones?' moment of sim racing.

I loving hate that I get this reference.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

imagine if abu dhabi had gone lewis's way instead of max's.

We can imagine what might have been if Molotov and Ribbentrop had not signed their pact which led to the invasion and dismemberment of Poland and the start of the most destructive war in human history, but the inescapable fact is that evil does exist in our world and we must contend with it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We can imagine what might have been if Molotov and Ribbentrop had not signed their pact which led to the invasion and dismemberment of Poland and the start of the most destructive war in human history, but the inescapable fact is that evil does exist in our world and we must contend with it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:hmmyes:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Neville..... We went tank fighting.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

so i was really into f1 until like 2018 and then haven't followed as closely

besides Hamilton winning a billion times and max stealing the win at abu dhabi what else has happened

they're going back to just ICE drivetrains soon right?

have they figured out that poor mechanical grip and an overdependence on wing aero leads to god awful racing yet

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the promised us the racing would be close this year and instead red bull had the most boring and obvious cheater car ever made

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ethanol posted:

the promised us the racing would be close this year and instead red bull had the most boring and obvious cheater car ever made

Incredible that Big Chuck "Charles" Leclerc was able to beat even one of them in the standings. One can only imagine what would have happened if the FIA had done the right thing and kicked the Austrian cheaters out of the sport permanently.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

skipping over 10k posts across two threads to say I got an air fryer and it's p dece

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

skimothy milkerson posted:

skipping over 10k posts across two threads to say I got an air fryer and it's p dece

Do you have any good air recipes

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i airfried a whole potato to see what it would do and it was like a baked potato but better textures all around. . i call it air fried potato

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

your friend wicka posted:

Do you have any good air recipes

https://youtu.be/y_GgM-3zOnk

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ethanol posted:

i airfried a whole potato to see what it would do and it was like a baked potato but better textures all around. . i call it air fried potato

wow sounds great op, can't wait to try this!!!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ethanol posted:

was there a neat gimmick to it at least? what'd they do to make it good

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

i really love the f1 cheatercars like the f-duct & exhaust blown diffusers and redbull wing flex tricks and that poo poo Ferrari was pulling to skirt the fuel flow regs and w/e it's probably one of the neatest aspects to the sport even tho it leads to the most boring outcomes

who was it that had ballast slipped onto em by their race engineer during a hug after the race or something so their car made weight, that was an F1 scandal right?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

was there a neat gimmick to it at least? what'd they do to make it good

half hearted aerodynamic changes that were heralded to bring back features 'baanned' in the 80s or 90s or wahtever really the effect wasn't noticeable at all because 'side pods' so the biggest changes ended up them tryhing to make the cars look cooler by putting out the tease image of the icandescent paint f12022 with the exagerrated wing angles that the teams slowly removed over the course of the season in favor of engineering over letting the artists deisgn the car

oh also they made all the cars bounce at such a high frequency there was a concern for cte or spinal injuries by driving even on an idealized perfectly flat surface

but of course only redbull didnt have the bouncing issue

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Red Bull also had the advantage of not even having to pretend to care about their second driver so they could give him a poo poo cheap car and spend all the money on making one good car for the driver they actually care about.

Oh yeah also the Red Bull owner died and all the sports media had to act like they all knew him personally and talk about what a great guy he was despite the obvious counter evidence that he personally hired Christian Horner. Fortunately now Red Bull is now being run like a normal company and not one dude's personal wish fulfilment so they'll be out of the sport once the soft drinks company realises oh wait why the gently caress are we spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a loving F1 team.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 17, 2023

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

redbull is actually good

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

so i was really into f1 until like 2018 and then haven't followed as closely

besides Hamilton winning a billion times and max stealing the win at abu dhabi what else has happened

they're going back to just ICE drivetrains soon right?

have they figured out that poor mechanical grip and an overdependence on wing aero leads to god awful racing yet

Ferrari were good in 2019! And then something happened and they had to apologize without specifying why and were Real Bad in 2020 and didn’t win in 2021 either.

After the whole spring of 2020, Lewis came back much stronger politically and so did Seb Vettel. Naturally, not everyone was on board.

Nikita Mazepin was one of the absolute worst pay drivers I have seen in my life, and he lost his seat before the 2022 season because his family was sanctioned after the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

McLaren won a race and gave way too many people hope, chief amongst them Danny Ric. (Seriously, go watch Monza 2020 and 2021).

Cars aren’t going ICE-only, but removing the MGU-H aka the heat capture part of the turbocharger from 2026. So the KERS part (braking recovery) will have more power instead. This change has already got Audi to commit to joining F1, and possibly Honda. There are rumors about who Red Bull will have badge their 2026~ engines after Porsche fell through.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

harperdc posted:

Nikita Mazepin was one of the absolute worst pay drivers I have seen in my life, and he lost his seat before the 2022 season because his family was sanctioned after the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/nikita_mazepin/status/1501518882099585033?s=20&t=kOKgN-x3poo05xicdF_i6w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

njsykora posted:

Red Bull also had the advantage of not even having to pretend to care about their second driver so they could give him a poo poo cheap car and spend all the money on making one good car for the driver they actually care about.

Oh yeah also the Red Bull owner died and all the sports media had to act like they all knew him personally and talk about what a great guy he was despite the obvious counter evidence that he personally hired Christian Horner. Fortunately now Red Bull is now being run like a normal company and not one dude's personal wish fulfilment so they'll be out of the sport once the soft drinks company realises oh wait why the gently caress are we spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a loving F1 team.
oh poo poo marko died?