Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hhgttg posted:

His fingers fumbled to release the safety catch and engage the extreme danger catch as Ford had shown him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Fail-safe is accurate. It fails, and then locks up like a safe.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They need to trap the driver inside so they can prove it wasn't driving unsupervised.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

e. wrong thread

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ghostlight posted:

elon doesn't make any money from interest because basically all of his wealth is in stocks. of his own companies. that he's tanking.

Elon's stocks don't pay dividends, so he relies on the cash they pay him to be the resident hype man for his companies and from sales of stock that he promises is not because it's crashing. The thing is that his spending cash comes from taking loans out on his stock holdings and the drop in Tesla stock is making him poorer on paper, but as long as banks will give him money off stock collateral he'll never suffer an actual loss in wealth or lifestyle.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Nooner posted:

elon seems like the kinda dude who would buy the dick and balls revolver from dusk till dawn and would wear it all the time because haha just joking guys, hahaha what a good bit, right? haha just kidding though

Please don’t make Elon seem cool?

The right’s obsession with George Soros is made funnier by the fact the only billionaire ive actually seen the left fawn over was well…. Elon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Please don’t make Elon seem cool?

The right’s obsession with George Soros is made funnier by the fact the only billionaire ive actually seen the left fawn over was well…. Elon.

When Soros dies in a few years, the right is going to have to come up with another boogeyman to explain why so many people oppose them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
^^^^^
They’ll just blame the money he left to the Open Society Foundation

Look at all those simps stan for soros by declaring that crypto fascist anti-Semitic attacks on him are bad! Lol owned, libs

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

When Soros dies in a few years, the right is going to have to come up with another boogeyman to explain why so many people oppose them.

They're already in the habit of claiming that people who are clearly still alive are actually clones. I don't think Soros's actual death will be much of a speed bump for them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Devils Affricate posted:

They're already in the habit of claiming that people who are clearly still alive are actually clones. I don't think Soros's actual death will be much of a speed bump for them.

And people that are clearly dead are secretly alive, see Elvis and Michael Jackson.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plus if you think Trumpism will die with Trump, boy oh boy lol

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

crypto fascist
is this a play on words?
cause they're definitely not trying to hide that they're fascist

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*checks browser dev tools for API query parameters*

aha, &has_fascist_hexagonal_avatar=true

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

Plus if you think Trumpism will die with Trump, boy oh boy lol

Trump could poo poo himself to death on the toilet, recorded on video in 4K by some secret service agent or assistant wanting to get social media clicks and uploaded for all the world to see, and people would insist it was faked for decades to come and Trump was merely biding his time waiting to surprise the woke lefties when they'll least expect it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

TheBizzness posted:

there's a David Greenberg thing too. I stopped talking to a friend about 5 years ago bc they 'came out' as conservative to me, I just rechecked their emails because a few things stood out as weird to me at the time, including this one:

"I think David Greenberg is the guy that the Democrats pay big $$ to "suggest" that journalists use certain words to spin poo poo."

like wtf is this??? someone has sway over all of journalism to make conservatives look bad, is what this person is saying. That Greenberg is paid money to spin things because....he wrote books about spin??

so basically there will always be someone they nonsensically blame about the media

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 16, 2023

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trump could poo poo himself to death on the toilet, recorded on video in 4K by some secret service agent or assistant wanting to get social media clicks and uploaded for all the world to see, and people would insist it was faked for decades to come and Trump was merely biding his time waiting to surprise the woke lefties when they'll least expect it.

Trump sleeps under the greens at Mar-a-Lago awaiting the day when the time is right to make America great again again.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

In his house in Mar'Lago, dead Donald waits dreaming.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The fact that Trump is still alive being a morbidly obese 76 year old who gets four hours of sleep per night, eats nothing but McDonalds, constantly huffs uppers, and is in a perennial state of rage has me believing his dumb rear end "exercise drains your life battery" theory is true. I want one loving doctor to explain how he is alive.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

sebmojo posted:

A single billion in the bank is ~50 million a year in interest, which is $140k a day lol
Which banks take billion dollar deposits in interest bearing accounts?

Asking for a friend.

Who's going to rob it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

E the Shaggy posted:

The fact that Trump is still alive being a morbidly obese 76 year old who gets four hours of sleep per night, eats nothing but McDonalds, constantly huffs uppers, and is in a perennial state of rage has me believing his dumb rear end "exercise drains your life battery" theory is true. I want one loving doctor to explain how he is alive.

He's very wealthy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

It’s like he got one of the 9 Rings gifted to Men; sure, you’ll be functionally immortal, but the dark gods always require sacrifice and if you stop delivering, they’ll have no more use for you.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

He is alive because God either hates us, or is in no rush to be on the same side of the vale as King Orange Squirts.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

E the Shaggy posted:

Klyith posted:

if I ever get super rich I'm definitely gonna start being an evil bastard, apparently it has some sort of mystical life preservation. just look at rupert murdoch.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's genetics and wealth.

Don's dad lived to 93

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Prettz posted:

is this a play on words?
cause they're definitely not trying to hide that they're fascist

A fascist is both a fascist by behavior and self-identification. Hitler and Mussolini both acted as fascists and proclaimed their devotion to fascist ideology. A neo-fascist acts fascistically and while they may not directly call themselves a fascist will openly talk about their desire to achieve the same ends as a fascist. Nick Fuentes is a neo-fascist. A crypto-fascist acts fascistically but would never actually cop to being a fascist. Instead they usually pretend to be centrists who "both sides" everything but occasionally slip a bit of obvious fascist ideology into the things they say.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’s like he got one of the 9 Rings gifted to Men; sure, you’ll be functionally immortal, but the dark gods always require sacrifice and if you stop delivering, they’ll have no more use for you.

He got the best ring, simply the best, it is a perfect ring, many Ainur are saying so

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lucky Guy posted:

He got the best ring, simply the best, it is a perfect ring, many Ainur are saying so

There’s one Maiar that disagrees, but Sauron welcomes all to his service! The more unwitting, the better :twisted:

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
musk: hm, problematic. Make the cybertruck’s windows bulletproof instead.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Lucky Guy posted:

Bravo. Actually just chortled my morning coffee out my nose at the the “many Ainur are saying so” part :lol:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

Nope, those rings are all accounted for:
https://meduza.io/en/news/2022/12/27/putin-gives-rings-of-power-to-eight-cis-leaders-keeping-another-one-for-himself

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

lovely Khamûl the Easterling cosplay if I’ve ever seen it.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

"Onkruid vergaat niet" , aka, "weeds don't wither" .

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Should've given them to LGBTQ leaders instead :mad:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Lucky Guy posted:

Healthy young king goes to Sauron, gets a shiny ring, doesn't feel good and changes - NAZGUL. Many such cases!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My wife works for a major auto insurance company and this tracks. Teslas are deathtraps, and the rich people who buy them are bewildered when their exploding toy cars are treated like the joke novelties they are.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

A fascist is both a fascist by behavior and self-identification. Hitler and Mussolini both acted as fascists and proclaimed their devotion to fascist ideology. A neo-fascist acts fascistically and while they may not directly call themselves a fascist will openly talk about their desire to achieve the same ends as a fascist. Nick Fuentes is a neo-fascist. A crypto-fascist acts fascistically but would never actually cop to being a fascist. Instead they usually pretend to be centrists who "both sides" everything but occasionally slip a bit of obvious fascist ideology into the things they say.

I think op knows this, they're asking if the crypto part is referring to crypto "money"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mobby_6kl posted:

Should've given them to LGBTQ leaders instead :mad:

If he did then we would know for sure the rings were cursed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Samovar posted:

What did the coward delete?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614821544630554624

lol he even stole it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The man has never created a meme in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Random Stranger posted:

They've already been gearing up to slot in Klaus Schwab, a guy you're also never going to have heard of outside of right-wing grousing.

He runs the World Economic Forum, an think tank for wealthy liberals devoted entirely to offering capital-friendly "solutions" to climate change and other global problems caused by capitalism. Mostly pumping out hype pieces for carbon credits and tech bros and how they'll save the earth. Absolutely nothing of consequence, but because they're trying to sell to liberals, they're obviously the face of the New World Order.