Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It cracks me up that Nathen keeps referring to his avatar as “one of the common people”.

Sure Nathen. Common people struggling to get by shop at Balenciaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Or self-publish auto-bios of their unremarkable lives. Or open up sub-par fast food joints whose only reason for existing is having a popular IP slapped on everything.

...now I'm wondering if he'd be doing this Nathfield project in any form if GarfEats was still open and operating as it was at its "peak."

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
"gently caress your cheesy fast food place and listen to me" - Dadfield

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I feel like when he was workshopping Nathfield, someone told him cartoon characters need a zany quirk so Nathfield likes cheese for breakfa…

Lol no it’s totally “Garfield likes lasagna so Nathfield likes cheese”. He’s just mimicking Garfield in the weirdest way possible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I listened to Nathfield today and I feel like I've been punched in the head.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I listened to Nathfield today and I feel like I've been punched in the head.

Working as intended

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Here we go...

EPISODE 2

Your episode description since I'm fairly certain he's just going to launch into dialogue with no context again...

"Time for my chisel cheesy breakfast made of cheese" is something Nathfield says. I don't know what it means.

A cheese chisel is a special type of knife used for cutting hard cheeses, e.g.
https://www.turnerandturner.com.au/knives/cheese-chisel-sszc8

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Frank Frank posted:

I feel like when he was workshopping Nathfield, someone told him cartoon characters need a zany quirk so Nathfield likes cheese for breakfa…

Lol no it’s totally “Garfield likes lasagna so Nathfield likes cheese”. He’s just mimicking Garfield in the weirdest way possible

I'm assuming Nathen likes cheese given that this is his garfsona

Edit can't believe this Hollywood writer is staying anonymous, who wouldn't want to be associated with this amazing piece of art

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dixville posted:

I'm assuming Nathen likes cheese given that this is his garfsona

Edit can't believe this Hollywood writer is staying anonymous, who wouldn't want to be associated with this amazing piece of art

He's devoted, too, because you can't get more anonymous that not existing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Crossposted from the cursed images thread

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
Wow, haven't thought about ol' Garfieldboobs for years. And thanks Frank Frank for listening to these podcasts so we don't have to. Even with your transcription, I have to steady myself and mentally prepare before reading them, I don't think I could withstand the audio just flowing into me.

Regarding the "Nathfield loves cheese" thing, cheese isn't the first thing I think of for lasagne. Like, it's an important part, but like, there's a lot more beef, and plenty of pasta and other stuff in there. It's like he has no idea what actually goes into food.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
For sure it's to make Nathfield a legally distinct original character, do not steal. He, uh hates Wednesdays and loves cheese and he wants to send Pig Bill Kramer to Oman

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My favorite part of lasagna is the orangey sauce

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Mine is the reusable tissue box packaging.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Charles Ford posted:

Regarding the "Nathfield loves cheese" thing, cheese isn't the first thing I think of for lasagne. Like, it's an important part, but like, there's a lot more beef, and plenty of pasta and other stuff in there. It's like he has no idea what actually goes into food.

He does this for other stuff too. Like his Love Me, Feed Me, Don't Leave Me slogan. That's apparently a quote from the cartoon or something, but it's not even close to the first thing that comes to mind when people think of Garfield. In his head he associates certain things with other things, and just assumes everybody else has the same associations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Love me feed me don't leave me was the most pathetic business slogan I've ever godamn seen

Really wish Nathen's dad would get him some help

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Love me feed me don't leave me was the most pathetic business slogan I've ever godamn seen

Really wish Nathen's dad would get him some help

That slogan was literally ripped from a Garfield comic strip. It makes more sense if you imagine a cat saying it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's a reference to the live action movie - the line is actually "love me, feed me, never leave me" but Nathen thought it was bad practice to have the word "never" in the slogan so he changed it to "don't" (how that's better, only Nathen knows)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQ3dGTIIow

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The best part is that "love me, feed me" is totally a decent approximation of a twee bullshit slogan that would have almost worked (if not in Comic Sans) but he had to get the whole sentence in there

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
I assumed that Nathfield's character trait of loving cheese is because he wants to/is running a pizza restaurant (a very entergaging and good one mind you!!!), so I feel like people obsessing over that aspect is a bit much, trying to tie it back into garfield

like yeah Nathfield is a very sad and obvious (but legally distinct) garfield rip-off, but that part isn't that deep. The cat loves cheese because Nathen is obsessed with his failed pizza restaurant

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"Never leave me" translation: "many, many people have left me"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Now I don’t think I can love a woman again if she won’t do garboobs

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

It's a reference to the live action movie - the line is actually "love me, feed me, never leave me" but Nathen thought it was bad practice to have the word "never" in the slogan so he changed it to "don't" (how that's better, only Nathen knows)

*12 year old hard at work in the nike advertising plant* how about... don't not do it?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

DoombatINC posted:

Real trending positively toward the negative vibes

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Frank Frank posted:

That slogan was literally ripped from a Garfield comic strip. It makes more sense if you imagine a cat saying it

I know but as a business slogan it comes across as sad and desperate

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

everdave posted:

Yes and…? Wait is this not normal for other people?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

everdave posted:

Ger yourself a girl who's entergaging in the streets but garfboobs in the sheets.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Have you forgotten Garfield's other mantra?

Love me, feed me, never touch me

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The landmonsters thing was always super-off to me, but with Nathen brain, I can see how he might have reasoned that Lords are regal and immaculate, while monsters are abject and dirty. I don't think most people would categorise "lords" and "monsters" as opposites, but if I squint my mind's eye really tight, I can kind of guess at where he's coming from.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Disco Pope posted:

The landmonsters thing was always super-off to me, but with Nathen brain, I can see how he might have reasoned that Lords are regal and immaculate, while monsters are abject and dirty. I don't think most people would categorise "lords" and "monsters" as opposites, but if I squint my mind's eye really tight, I can kind of guess at where he's coming from.

Nah, he was just upset that he had to pay rent when he wasn't making any profit.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jeb!Eats
Please Clap

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Frank Frank posted:

Crossposted from the cursed images thread

blessed

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I picture the garfbosom also speaking in Lorenzo Music's voice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1614745119604838403

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

congrats on a successful brand exploitation that I never realized

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hello, yes, I'd like a Luigiccino and a Big Yoshi Lasagna

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Feline Mind Meld posted:

congrats on a successful brand exploitation that I never realized

Even funnier is that Nathen is 100% saying, "Nice idea but *I* had it first" to Universal Studios.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Frank Frank posted:

Even funnier is that Nathen is 100% saying, "Nice idea but *I* had it first" to Universal Studios.

Universal has obviously never had a character themed restaurant before so they didn't know to consult Nathen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seems like a weird concern to have...