Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is there a list of notable wrestling personalities who hate Dave?

I know basically everyone associated with WCW's upper management but recently I stumbled upon an interview I think with Dutch Mantel where he went off on how Dave doesn't know anything. Just made me curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s the same as the list of salty old timers who think the kids these days are killing the business with the flippy flops and vlogging, basically.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can’t believe people bullied a false confession out of Dave, there’ll be a Netflix documentary about this miscarriage of justice

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It;s genuinely despicable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hope he cried while apologising, and then promised to never talk about or write about or even watch WWE ever again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1614882565902536704

hope you're all happy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

the entire replies are saying Not Good Enough Midnight Released Scam No One Will See This

i refuse to believe there are this many Dragon Gate fans on the internet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There are 5 replies to that tweet so yeah, definitely just Dave haters

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

dragongategate gets as many seconds as peyton royce got minutes, what a joke

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

glad we can finally put this nonsense behind us and say as a community "we've moved on"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

look what they've done to my boy

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Bix as a person who has tried long and hard to be a figure in the wrestling media by doing epic takedowns on Meltzer I hope you finally can rest easy knowing you have slain the giant you've hoped to conquer for years

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bix is pro dave when he’s good and anti Dave when he screws up. Find a new slant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UnleashedDad posted:

Bix as a person who has tried long and hard to be a figure in the wrestling media by doing epic takedowns on Meltzer I hope you finally can rest easy knowing you have slain the giant you've hoped to conquer for years

Very odd cult like behavior to act like someone who posted that not only was this not intended as a gotcha for Dave and that Dave did not take it as a gotcha takedown is out to get Dave.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I'm really struggling to understand why Dragon Gate being a niche within a niche makes it okay for Dave to make irresponsible reporting of the promotion.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

MassRafTer posted:

Very odd cult like behavior to act like someone who posted that not only was this not intended as a gotcha for Dave and that Dave did not take it as a gotcha takedown is out to get Dave.

The only time I hear about Bix is when he is doing something about Meltzer so that is the perspective I've had the last few years. Dave doing bad reporting bums me out but maybe between this and the bad reporting on multiple topics the past year he will get his head out of his rear end.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bix was very fair in his article. The Voice Gate guys did a great write-up of what happened. They aren't clout chasers - Meltzer hosed up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I'm really struggling to understand why Dragon Gate being a niche within a niche makes it okay for Dave to make irresponsible reporting of the promotion.

It doesn’t make it ok but it does make it about as low impact and unimportant as any kind of misreported news could possibly be.

People finding it ‘depressing’ is a wild overreaction imo.

He should know better in any event.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Punch McLightning posted:

Bix was very fair in his article. The Voice Gate guys did a great write-up of what happened. They aren't clout chasers - Meltzer hosed up.

yeah from the start this whole story has been more trouble than point scoring could be lol I’m just a promotion-specific reporter that tends their little plot of earth telling the big farm that they shouldn’t trust that brand of hay and being ignored for seven months.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
dave takes a big L and the episode is late on the feed, curious...

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

It doesn’t make it ok but it does make it about as low impact and unimportant as any kind of misreported news could possibly be.

People finding it ‘depressing’ is a wild overreaction imo.

He should know better in any event.

It's really dumb to think the only way people should feel about it is indifference because you personally don't care. Like I said it can both be just wrestling and something that's important in the wrestling. Dave considers himself a historian and journalist, sorry that people expect him to act like one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And this isn't a promotion that is a random niche indie, it's the second biggest promotion in Japan.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's really dumb to think the only way people should feel about it is indifference because you personally don't care. Like I said it can both be just wrestling and something that's important in the wrestling. Dave considers himself a historian and journalist, sorry that people expect him to act like one.

It’s equally dumb to think everyone should care as much as you do, imo.

MassRafTer posted:

And this isn't a promotion that is a random niche indie, it's the second biggest promotion in Japan.

As soon as you get outside of North America you’re off into the niches of wrestling, as far as the wider public consciousness is concerned.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love listening to Dave and Bryan chat and cough and that's all that matters. :cheers:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

As soon as you get outside of North America you’re off into the niches of wrestling, as far as the wider public consciousness is concerned.

This isn't the wider public consciousness this is a wrestling newsletter, the most prominent one that claims to cover the industry and constantly brags about how Frank Deford said he was the best.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No one's asking you to. "All of Japan and Mexico are niche wrestling." What? You good? Dude doesn't write the WWE observer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

No one's asking you to. "All of Japan and Mexico are niche wrestling." What? You good? Dude doesn't write the WWE observer.

To English language audiences like the ones the observer primarily serves, yes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

What promotion won Best Promotion in the Observer Awards every year from 2012-2019 and do you think Dragongate is smaller than that promotion was in 2012?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
My favorite part of the apology was that Dave never said what he got wrong or really what the story was, just that he got fooled by two trolls. A classic Dave-ism when it comes to the news and Bryan was in no mood to stop him and actually get him to say what the story was or what the story actually should be. Maybe one of the few times I actually wish Garrett had been on there because Garrett would have been like "Ok, so for the people who don't know..."

I guess I'll have to wait for the newsletter to see if he really goes into detail.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
clearly some here people don’t get why band managers put peculiar and specific things on a tour rider.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

So this is why misinformation about another country was ok, got it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope the reprisals against Bix and his coup faction are quick and overwhelming.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is dumb as hell man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao every defense you make of your original position just makes you look worse, it rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this is all cool but where's my deadlock tony, john. and james.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ohhhh myyyy!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gumball Gumption posted:

half of those countries are in North America

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ll admit it, I’ve absolutely shown my rear end here and gotten miles away from my original point.

Sorry Posting Pals.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

psst dude you’re supposed to just make a drive-by hot take and then ignore all the @s, don’t do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

half of those countries are in North America

Very true but

I knew what was up lol