Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

My (34F) mother (54F) believes it’s God’s will for her to not work

Seems like God has been providing, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Joel Osteen himself would be impressed. And call her amateur for not being a billionaire after a decade.

AITA for not giving my roommate warning when I return home?

quote:

I (29F) live with two other roommates in a house while we are all attending graduate school. Recently, there has been an ongoing issue with one of my roommates, Jess (27F), about not giving her enough of a heads up when I return to the house.

The first time the issue occurred last month, I had marked on the house calendar we keep I would be out of town on Fri night to return Saturday - however, Jess interpreted my calendar event across Friday to mean that I would be gone both Fri and Sat nights. When I left to return to town on Sat afternoon, I texted I would be there in a few hours. She was taken aback by this information, as she thought I was planning to spend the night Saturday night as well. She asked if I would give her more of a heads up next time and being a generally apologetic person, I said I would. My other roommate was not home.

The second time this occurred I was out of town with a few friends going camping for three nights. On day 3, we decided to head back that night instead due to bad weather. I did not have cell service to text my roommates this information until I got on the main road, then stated the change of plans and that I would be home in a few hours. Jess was the only one home and and she was annoyed.

This leads to yesterday - we have all been away on winter break for a few weeks. She texted, stating she would be home Fri morning. I texted that I would be back Fri night or Sat morning from my parents house two hours away. On Fri afternoon, my boss texted me saying there was a shift open Saturday and I decided to take it. Since work starts early AM, I decided to leave my parents house then and texted her that I was heading out soon and would likely be home around 7:30/8pm. She texted back, “are you serious? Not again. Your texts say you’re going to be back Saturday, and then you switched your plans around and gave me two hours warning.” I tend to automatically diffuse conflict by apologizing, so I apologized that I didn’t let her know earlier and offered to stay the night at my parents and I would just drive back super early. My parents both told me I was crazy for apologizing.

After reflecting about it, I texted Jess: “I apologize that your were caught off guard again, my texts in the group chat actually say I will be home tonight or tomorrow morning, so I’m not sure why this is unexpected. It was a quick decision to return tonight as my work plans changed but I assumed since you expected me to possibly be home tonight, a few hours warning was enough. I think we need to have a discussion on your expectations for warning when I will be home.”

She has not responded.

I really do want to understand her perspective but I’m stumped. I’ve never had this issue with a roommate before. I genuinely want to know if I am an rear end in a top hat for these situations and throwing her off guard?

Update: wow I did not expect this to blow up. I would like to clarify because of the word count it was difficult to articulate all of the details and had to cut out some stuff, but I do NOT think she has a brothel or meth lab going on when I’m away, nor is she having orgies in the living room (although we can never be sure). She is a lovely person and a good friend, this has been our only major issue so far as roommates which is why I’m perplexed.

She texted me today that she recognizes of course she can come or go as I please but prefers an “advanced heads up” as soon as my plans change because she likes to know when we will all be home if she’s expecting a night to herself, and if it changes it throws her off. I do get that, I think my confusion is that in each of those cases except the last one she did have a night or multiple nights to herself. I also did give her as much warning as I was able to in each case, at least a few hours, so I just feel like it’s not enough for her or perhaps she has high anxiety.

She is generally good about texting when she is arriving from a night out or out of town, but it has changed on short notice before and my other roommate has also had plans change and texts us with varying levels of warning (anywhere from an hour to a few hours beforehand) and as far as I know she hasn’t said a word. I do like having the house to myself too, but if she texted me that she would be home early, I’d just move my party of one to my room and wouldn’t care if she was there.

I’m not sure if it’s wise to get the third roommate involved because it just seems we have clashing expectations on what is reasonable and normal for a roommate dynamic. We are set to talk tomorrow.

Super sketch, right? I mean even Reddit is saying the roommate is doing some weird poo poo in the other bedroom or letting people crash there or something. In other words, get a camera and a lock.

Some years ago I worked as the solitary Saturday delivery driver, and because I was new, I assumed the other Saturday worker in shipping/receiving/customer care was told to keep an eye on me; she'd call me when I was on route and want to know when I'd be back, what deliveries I had done, etc. So I'd tell her and thought nothing of it. I'd get irritated yeah, but figured the manager told her to keep tabs on me, since there was no way to track me via GPS. Other drivers were known to do personal shopping during work hours, so as the new kid, I figured it was normal.

Come to find out she did all this on her own, and only because she didn't want me to see her playing on her phone my entire shift; she'd set machines to silent or off, then chill in the breakroom, and call me from time to time, only to be back working when I'd pull in. The manager was not happy when he found this out via security and some work that wasn't done on time, and because the higher ups got involved, she was yanked off working solo shifts, and other people worked weekends with me instead. The funny part was that she would order me what stores to deliver to first, because some stores she would promise certain times by, never mind how out of the way poo poo was for me. So when she left, the two new guys had weeks of calls from angry stores who wanted their 8/9am guaranteed deliveries (weekends had the delivery time of by 5pm, unless they paid for exceptions), or people wanting to know where I was so they could meet me and get their poo poo en route.

AITA for offering to help my wife with the dishes?

quote:

My wife (26f) and I (26m) both work 4 days a week, I work 12hr shifts and she works 8hr shifts. She would work more, but our daughter (1f) needs to be picked up from daycare. I leave for work before they wake up and some days get home after our daughter has gone to bed.

This week, our daughter's daycare provider was sick, so my wife took the week off of work to care for her. I worked an extra day to make up for her lost income, so it all worked out fine (or so I thought)

She seemed stressed still, so I asked her what was wrong. She broke down, saying that she is struggling with balancing work, caring for our daughter throughout the week, and keeping our house clean/cooking/etc. I responded calmly by saying that I can't miss work or reduce hours. We simply cannot afford it.

She responded by saying she knows that, but it is overwhelming for her, and the house chores are piling up. I told her 90% of the problems with messiness could be solved if she picked up after herself. If she just put the used butter knifes in the sink after she was done, and rinsed bottles/cookware/etc. I will happily do the dishes when I get home from work. Hell, I'll even put them away after. But I do not want to play scavenger hunt and look around the house for things to wash.

She did not respond to me after I said that other than a quiet okay before going to console our daughter who woke up early from her nap. She still seemed upset with me still, so I vented to my coworker about what happened. He says I was being an rear end in a top hat because I didn't even listen to what she wanted. I feel like I was perfectly reasonable. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

I wonder what kind of engineer he is.

Reddit is pointing out how most of their 8-10 year old kids do more chores and cleaning than this dude. In short: “The bar is so low that it’s considered a tripping hazard in hell, but here you are. Playing limbo with the devil”

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 16, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA eating the skin off the rotisserie chicken my husband was cooking

the husband posted the chicken too and it's so upsetting. she knew what she was doing

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/10cu9am/when_i_went_out_to_shut_off_the_smoker_and_put/

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I don’t understand how you can be so selfish.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Solkanar512 posted:

I don’t understand how you can be so selfish.

Once when we were living with my parents, my ex husband ate like the entire remainder (60% or so) of flank steak dinner leftovers that was in the fridge in the middle of the night and then got indignant when we were all mad saying my mom had said he should help himself to food.

I'm assuming it's similar selfish bullshit.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

teen witch posted:

My (34F) mother (54F) believes it’s God’s will for her to not work

Block your moms number and delete her from your social media; your mother is already dead.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for offering to help my wife with the dishes?

I wonder what kind of engineer he is.

Reddit is pointing out how most of their 8-10 year old kids do more chores and cleaning than this dude. In short: “The bar is so low that it’s considered a tripping hazard in hell, but here you are. Playing limbo with the devil”

I was about to post this one, it's very much a ~tale as old as time~

quote:

The chores I typically do are take out the garbage and do the dishes a few days a week. Sometimes I come home and the house will be tidy and spotless, sometimes things are left dirty and out of place.

He says this but admits in another post that he works 48 hours vs her 32, and just sometimes gets an extra 12 hour shift.

quote:

Thank you I agree we are both stressed. I usually work double her hours and have already told her 50/50 is not an option just based on the fact that I cannot be physically there when most tasks need to be done. The work week works out that on one of my days off she goes to work and takes baby to daycare, so I do get time to myself

quote:

Both of our days and hours are on the OP. She works 32 hours typically, but I will add she usually works one Saturday a month as well. I work 4 days averaging 12 hours per day, and I am now trying to work 5 days. However, that shift is not always available, but I sign up every week for the chance to get it type thing.

quote:

Yes, but those things are not always done. On her days off when the baby naps she will nap too instead of cleaning up. She also will leave stuff around the house, often times it looks like tasks were started, but not finished. That makes everything build up over time.

quote:

Thank you I agree we are both stressed. I usually work double her hours and have already told her 50/50 is not an option just based on the fact that I cannot be physically there when most tasks need to be done. The work week works out that on one of my days off she goes to work and takes baby to daycare, so I do get time to myself

quote:

My wife does not have any friends other than a coworker she became friends with recently (a few months) she went out with her 3 weeks ago to get hair and nails done and had a great time. I was going out with coworkers for wings and beers once a week for a while , but we have had to cancel due to some guys not being able to afford it weekly. My wife was fine with it and I would bring her home leftovers so she wouldn't have to make dinner that day.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I’m starting to see this weird one-upping thing in the comments. People are starting to argue that “simple” household chores don’t actually count as household chores if they’re simple enough for a child to do. Then they change their argument from “lazy partner isn’t doing enough” (quite true!) to “lazy partner isn’t doing anything around the house at all”.

I’ve seen it in two or three different threads now. Reddit is wild.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

One of the comments on that post talked about a sibling that ate all of the marshmallows out of the lucky charms cereal, leaving only an entire box of the crappy oat bits behind

What the hell, people?!

WIBTA for wanting to not go on vacation with family now that my sister is going?

quote:

I’m an adult in my 30s, and my SO and I were invited by my parents to go on vacation with them. They explicitly said that it would just be us, as my sister’s family (BIL and 2 young kids around 5 and 2) would be too difficult to travel with. Of course, we all love the young kids, but traveling with young kids changes things (you go to different places, focus changes, more people to wrangle, etc.). My sister also travels with my parents a lot more than we do, due to our work. This trip sounds like a nice opportunity for us to spend quality time with just my parents, as well as to do more adult-oriented activities.

Okay, so that sounds fine. My parents are graciously paying for everything. My wife and I requested time off work (~10 days). Then… for some unknown reason, after explicitly saying that my sister’s family would be too much for this trip, they have now been invited. And of course, everything is changing. Now certain things we are eyeing are not going to be considered because of the kids, and all activities now must factor in the kids. We were going to have lots of time with just my parents, as well as plenty of time to explore on our own. Now, however, with the kids going, my parents’ focus will be entirely on the kids. We are routinely ignored during any meal or outing involving their grandkids.

This feels like a huge bait-and-switch for my SO and me. We joined the trip under certain conditions, and now things are vastly different. It’s a lot of time to request off, and now that the trip has shifted focus, we feel like it’s not worth it. However, it is being paid for by my parents, so we don’t want to seem ungrateful. We don’t feel like we will get the quality time we expected, nor will we get the opportunity to do many activities we expected.

So… WIBTA if I said that we aren’t going to go on this trip? I’m sure that we’d put it in a tactful way, but this just seems like everything that the trip was supposed to be has changed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solkanar512 posted:

I’m starting to see this weird one-upping thing in the comments. People are starting to argue that “simple” household chores don’t actually count as household chores if they’re simple enough for a child to do. Then they change their argument from “lazy partner isn’t doing enough” (quite true!) to “lazy partner isn’t doing anything around the house at all”.

Taking a basic line of argument to deliberately absurd and insane degrees to gain attention/clout/moral high ground is the thing to do on the internet for at least a decade now

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Solkanar512 posted:

The solution is simple, meet every week to discuss what chores need to be done that week and estimate their complexity. Over time you should have a good idea of how many points of chores your household can complete per week.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Solkanar512 posted:

i saw this too and it blew my mind. someone said that dishes and garbage aren't household chores bc they're basics for survival and I feel like this logic is just...what?

so then what is a household chore to this person? they're the definition of household chores!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Ensign Expendable posted:

The solution is simple, meet every week to discuss what chores need to be done that week and estimate their complexity. Over time you should have a good idea of how many points of chores your household can complete per week.

Gotta meet up first thing in the morning for fifteen minutes and make sure everyone is moving the sticky notes with their tasks to the appropriate section of the board and so people can discuss any blockers that might be preventing them from finishing their tasks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yea our household is an AGILE household

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Biplane posted:

Yea our household is an AGILE household

more like BADGILE

:cool:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

sephiRoth IRA posted:

One of the comments on that post talked about a sibling that ate all of the marshmallows out of the lucky charms cereal, leaving only an entire box of the crappy oat bits behind

What the hell, people?!

my sister turned a box of honey bunches of oats into a box of corn flakes once

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just set up a Kanban system for chores so you can optimize the workflows

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

But that was involves talking like adults!! You can’t do that.

When I was a kid my dad always said, “no one is done until everyone is done”. Assuming no one is just outright slacking (which my dad watched out for), it’s a great way to balance things out.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hmm, ok, should I start a spreadsheet to track average velocity?

Andrast posted:

Just set up a Kanban system for chores so you can optimize the workflows

Husband would definitely stay blocked on arbitrary tasks.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Solkanar512 posted:

But that was involves talking like adults!! You can’t do that.

When I was a kid my dad always said, “no one is done until everyone is done”. Assuming no one is just outright slacking (which my dad watched out for), it’s a great way to balance things out.

The poster was making an Agile Programming joke.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what are the KPIs for chores?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

The poster was making an Agile Programming joke.

Got it

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

what are the KPIs for chores?

Gotta set your quarterly OKRs (Open and Kill Relationship).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

PHEW.

AITA for not paying for my stepmom's funeral?
https://www.rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/106wknq/aita_for_not_paying_for_my_stepmoms_funeral/

quote:

English is not my first language

When i (27M) was 6 i lost my mom. She died giving birth to my siblings (21F,21M).

When i was 9, my dad met my stepmother. Altough i always loved my stepmom, i never called her mom, the maximum i would do is refer to her and my dad as my parents.

When i was 18, my stepmom asked me and my siblings if she could adopt us. My siblings said yes but i refused, i explained that i loved her but i wanted to keep my mom as my legal mom.

From that moment she started to treat me differently. I moved out soon after but i would always visit, she was cordial to me like you are with strangers, she introduced my siblings as her kids and my as her husband's son. Me and my dad tried to talk to her but she just bruched us off saying that it was all in our head.

3 years ago, me and my sister became parents. With my son my stepmom would be inpatient and rude but with my niece she would be the calmest person in the world.

I had enough and asked what did i do for her to go 180° on me. She said i was reaping what i sowed, that i rejected her as a mom so that she rejected me as a son.

After that i had gaven up in our relationship, we were cordial and that was it. My dad tried many times to reconsile us to no avail.

1 1/2 ago she got diagnosed with a terminal illness. Out of family i'm the one most well off so my father called me and asked me to pay for her treatments.

I visited and had a talk with her. She apologized for treating me badly and said she loved me like a son and that she had a bad reaction to my refusal of the adoption and regret it.

She died a week ago, i only found out because my father called after and explained she didn't wanted me there because she only wanted "family".

My siblings have aproached me and asked me to pay for her funeral expenses and i have refused.

They called me and a-hole saying that i couldn't be mad for being excluded because i did it to myself when i refused to be adopted.

My wife is on my side and even tough my dad says he understands me he said i should do it for my siblings because my stepmom was their mom

PHEEWWWWWW

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

quote:

I visited and had a talk with her. She apologized for treating me badly and said she loved me like a son and that she had a bad reaction to my refusal of the adoption and regret it.

She died a week ago, i only found out because my father called after and explained she didn't wanted me there because she only wanted "family".

Really. Why would the siblings still expect him to pay for a funeral he wasn't allowed to attend? After she "apologized" and then promptly did nothing to change? Oh right, because they don't want to pay.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love this format of story where someone is kicked out of wedding and still expected to help finance it or host it. Or kicked out of a funeral as they are non-family, but still expected to pay since they're family. There was one a while ago where a couple planned on going on vacation but one of them kicked the other out to go with their friends instead, but they were still expected to help pay because the other one couldn't afford it otherwise.

Humans are just amazing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for wanting to name my triplet girls Maddie, Maddison and Maddilynne??

quote:

So my husband and I recently found out that we are expecting triplet girls through IVF after trying to get pregnant for the past 5 years. I’ve always struggled with having children so getting 3 at once is an absolute blessing. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always dreamed of one day having a little girl named Maddie. I’m so happy that I can finally use the name after all of the years of patiently waiting. With that being said, I’ve always loved the idea of giving multiples similar names, whether it be all starting with the same letter of rhyming or so on. I really want to name of daughters Maddie, Maddison, and Maddilynne. My husband thinks that that is a stupid idea and he refuses to allow it. I think that these names are such a cute combination for triplet girls. He’s says that some names that he like for girls are “Vera”, “Scarlett”, “Claudia”, etc just to name a few. He said that is doesn’t have to be those names and that they are just options that he’s like and he’s willing to find others that I like.

He told me that one of our daughter can be named either Maddison or Maddilynne and go by “Maddie” for short if I really want that name. But I’m not ok with that because I’ve already fell in love with all 3 names as a name set. It hurts me because he’s made such a big deal out of it saying that naming the girls those names is stupid and will lead to them being bullied. I think that he should reconsider because I have dreamed of having a little girl named Maddie and now I have three of them. I think that my husband is being unreasonable, childish and selfish over this. These are beautiful names and he should be more respectful of my name choices as I’m his wife. We are finally getting blessed with these 3 little miracles and he has to ruin what should be a happy time for us by acting this way. I think he should compromise and allow me to name the girls what I like. I mean I am the one who has to carry them for 9 months and go through all the struggles of pregnancy like pain and hormones and not him. Letting me name the girls is the least that he can do. If we were ever blessed with another child in the future, I would give him complete control over the baby’s name. I even told him that and he said that I was acting crazy. He has been stand offish lately and has said some really hurtful things. I know he doesn’t mean them but it still hurts.

I just want what’s best for our babies. I love my husband to death but I wish that he would just own up and admit that Maddie, Maddison, and Maddilynne are good names for triplet girls. That will never happen tho because my husband is as stubborn as they come. I just want to name my daughters after the name I’ve dreamed of naming my little girl ever since I was a child.

AITA??

I just want what's best for our babies, which is for them to all have the same name

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just want what's best for our babies, which is for them to all have the same name

All three with the same name but somehow two of them spelled in baffling/wrong ways. How do you turn Madeline into THAT.

Someone's going to post that pregnant woman with all the dumb names on a blackboard crossed out having settled on "Lakynn" aren't they

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Worked for George Foreman and his sons

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Did OP come out with the nicknames for all 3?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

""I think that he should reconsider because I have dreamed of having a little girl named Maddie and now I have three of them.""

I think they shoulda put a hold on kids until come to realize 1) they are separate human beings from herself, not little barbie dolls to play with and 2) they'll be his children as well so he does get a say in some things and 3) anybody else started hearing Megan Thee Stallion's 'Body' song except with Maddy instead of body?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

I think they shoulda put a hold on kids

At least they have two years to battle it out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the ones where you don’t need to read past the headline.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kimbo305 posted:

At least they have two years to battle it out.

:hmmyes:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

sephiRoth IRA posted:

WIBTA for wanting to not go on vacation with family now that my sister is going?

Can't they just go anyway and go off doing their own activities, occasionally meeting up with the rest of the family for a meal or activity?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Captain Hygiene posted:

Prepare for a massive pain in the rear end when handling literally any official paperwork, especially Maddie who is literally every time going to have to make an extra call when her documents are treated as duplicates that it is not a nickname for one of her sisters and she is actually a separate person

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 16, 2023

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, remember the brother who kept doing "pranks" to the point it affected the sister's job?

UPDATE: AITA for blasting disney music?

quote:

I didn't expect my post to blow up like it did but I thought that everyone would want to know I'm now safe.

First those who thought my brother would try and destroy my speaker was right, he destroyed multiple but I kept buying more as they where cheap and I have a lot of money saved up for when I eventually move out.

I also told my best friend's mom everything, before all this she knew that my brother made content online which is why I always go to my friends house and not the other way around. I practically live there anyway so she very quickly agreed that I can stay until I turn 18.

While packing my stuff I started participating in pranks again to keep my brother and parents happy so they wouldn't be suspicious. I kept telling my brother about an "epic prank" I was planning, and a few clips of me talking about it where in videos and fans got really hyped for it.

The "prank" was me taking the last of the stuff that was still in my room and using a lot of printer paper and tape to write notes all over my walls, bed, desk, everywhere that said things along the lines of "have fun without me" "I'm not coming back" "I hate your pranks" and other comments. I doubt he'll post the video but I like to imagine he turned purple seeing it all.

I'm currently at my best friends house and we are working things out legally so that I can stay without my parents claiming I was kidnapped or anything. I'm also considered getting a restraining order against my brother, and am looking for a new job, hopefully with better pay so he can't try to see me while I'm at work.

I still won't be making any social media or exposing my brother, he can loose his fans on his own without my help and I can stay anonymous and out of the public eye.

Thank you everyone who gave me advice I really appreciate it

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Please don't put in the newspaper that I had three Mads.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Why can't he compromise and do what I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for smearing my sister’s face in her birthday cake?

quote:

Yesterday was my(m18) sister(f17)’s 17th birthday and we were having a celebration with her friends and other family. My(m18) brother(m14) and I had an idea to make things funny, which was that right after my sister blew out the candles on her cake, we would push my sister’s face softly into the cake, but then smear a lot of the cake onto her face.

Now this was all inspired by a couple of YouTube videos my brother saw a couple of days ago and things went well in those videos and people were laughing in them, so we thought this would be a good idea. Well when we actually did it, and finished smearing the cake with our bare hands onto her face, my sister just stood up and was straight up sobbing while cake bits dripped from her face, and everyone in the room was quiet.

A lot more happened after that and our parents are to say the least, really loving mad at us, and our sister doesn’t even talk to us, but I’ll keep things short. AITA?