Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I've never encountered a single person on the left who has any positive impression of George Soros whatsoever, if they even know who he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hey i just woke up. is elon still alive? tia

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

The man has never created a meme in his life.

Not true. Tesla fires are a meme

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ok: The man has never deliberately created a meme in his life.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Elon treats memes like genes. Just spreading them completely artificially.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

zedprime posted:

Elon treats memes like genes. Just spreading them completely artificially.

And taking zero responsibility for them

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He does provide a lot of basis for memes, that photo of his bedside table for example, but he's not memeing. It's just a part of his complete lack of posting skills.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I, for one, am glad that Elon never learned how to post

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think Musky or a decent % of modern internet users even know about the word origin of the word meme

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm just grateful the pronunciation "me-me" didn't more broadly take root

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Remember when Twitter abruptly banned links to competitors? Give me more of that poo poo Elon!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

PhazonLink posted:

you think Musky or a decent % of modern internet users even know about the word origin of the word meme

Metal... Gear?!

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
So, how dem robo taxis doin'?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

RunningOnEmpty posted:

So, how dem robo taxis doin'?

Still working, they haven’t reached their pre-set kill-limit yet!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink posted:

the less anyone knows about dick dorkins the better

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The Postman posted:

Remember when Twitter abruptly banned links to competitors? Give me more of that poo poo Elon!

On Friday Twitter abruptly and with zero communications banned 3rd-party clients, but not all of them. (Probably elon said "not that one, I use that")

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Has Tesla/Musk made a gun yet?
I want to see them try to make a gun.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Croccers posted:

Has Tesla/Musk made a gun yet?
I want to see them try to make a gun.

Boring Co. made a flamethrower, though it was pretty lame

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I've never encountered a single person on the left who has any positive impression of George Soros whatsoever, if they even know who he is.

Yes, but the people who go out of their way to scream about George Soros are nearly all far right wing, nazis, fascists, anti-semites, or QAnoners.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Boring Co. put cladding on a commercial residential flamethrower, though it was pretty lame

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

goatface posted:

The man has never created a meme in his life.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

waffle iron posted:

Yes, but the people who go out of their way to scream about George Soros are nearly all far right wing, nazis, fascists, anti-semites, or QAnoners.

Yeah it's just more projection from that crowd. Soros is an urban legend horror villain in their circle, so therefore the left must be idolizing him. It's so weird to see the right acknowledge the left's hatred of billionaires and then say "bUt WhAt AbOuT sOrOs??" as if they had a real gotcha moment

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

sebmojo posted:

A single billion in the bank is ~50 million a year in interest, which is $140k a day lol

My wife is a diehard Taylor Swift fan and told me that she's about to become a billionaire and getting poo poo for it, and even she (wife) is like yep, at this point you're just a greedy rear end in a top hat, not "relatable" of whatever swifties think

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ben shapino posted:

can everyone please stop being the clown on the clown car, thank you

Clowns go in the clown car not on it. You would know this if you had passed your automotive course in clown college.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Also leftists claiming ignorance about who Soros is just shows how deep the conspiracy goes. He controls his liberal puppets without their awareness or consent!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm not sure that I've ever actually heard a person mention Soros in real life.

But I really just wonder that if he is a such a master at controlling politics with his money then what am I supposed to think about the guy openly posting about right-wing poo poo who has 25x as much money?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ror posted:

I'm not sure that I've ever actually heard a person mention Soros in real life.

I have, and he was exactly what you'd think. Left his job and, allegedly, the country when we got mandatory vaccination mandate, the best day in my work life.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

The US Taliban has been doing that for a while, but I guess the headline is about the OG Afghanistan Taliban catching up

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I couldn’t pick George Soros out of a police line up, have no idea what his voice sounds like, and am equally clueless about his convictions or beliefs. I have no inkling how he made his money or what he spends it on. The only reason I even know his name is from years of Chud finger-pointing and scorn.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’m surprised Warren Buffett rather than George Soros isn’t the #1 leftist billionaire boogie man to the right since he’s far more outspoken and I think even richer. Oh well. I guess it’ll remain a total mystery!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Machai posted:

Clowns go in the clown car not on it. You would know this if you had passed your automotive course in clown college.

you seem to be confusing the well known saying that we all know and use all the time

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
today must be a day of mourning for musk, the birthday of a black guy who told whitey to gently caress off. must feel familiar

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Scratch Monkey posted:

I’m surprised Warren Buffett rather than George Soros isn’t the #1 leftist billionaire boogie man to the right since he’s far more outspoken and I think even richer. Oh well. I guess it’ll remain a total mystery!

It's taken from Alex Jones who stole it from another right wing radio person in the 90s.
He's easy to point to because he's a billionaire who doesn't push back against what they say. He has stories about working with the NAZIs during the war that are easily taken out of context. Being Jewish makes it easier for them, too.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
:thejoke:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Almost Smart posted:

I couldn’t pick George Soros out of a police line up, have no idea what his voice sounds like, and am equally clueless about his convictions or beliefs. I have no inkling how he made his money or what he spends it on. The only reason I even know his name is from years of Chud finger-pointing and scorn.
That's how you know he's incredibly powerful.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

technically 90% not embedded in my leg

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Elon tried to fit his foreskin over grimes' clit. He kept grunting and asking if she liked it and how hot it was but she was 3 layers deep into an LSD-Ayahusca trip and could only think of calamari.

She woke with a feeling of deep sadness

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
im sorry i still can't get over how incredibly annoying his speaking patterns are. it just triggers some kind of misophonic experience in my brain. apologies to folks who can't help but trip over their words constantly