Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish I was a screenshot guy. One of my friends spent hours in the mario odyssey camera mode thing and took some cool pics, but me, idk I just want to make Mario pick up the shinies (which you can't do from the camera mode)

My few screenshots are all just dialogue that would be funny out of context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm about to try Triangle Strat. I bought it full price (like $90 canadian... that's a lot of pizzas!). If I don't end up liking it it i'm going to be angry against all goons.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you're gonna complain about all the dialogue and stop after two missions and I'm gonna call you a noob

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For a while I was compulsively taking screenshots of every framed painting I encountered in games. Thought it might be interesting to get a bunch and have a gallery of fake paintings, maybe even find out who actually painted it or any other info about it.

I stopped because I went and looked over my screenshots, those that I could actually find, and I am not a screenshot guy either, evidently. I never bothered to install a mod or use a console command to noclip for better angles, or hide the model of PC so you can see the whole art. I was lucky to take multiple screenshots I could theoretically kinda stitch together removing batman or whoever in photoshop. and even in games with a proper camera mode, it was 80/20 on whether I'd just mash f12/prtsc or actually take a proper photo mode pic.

so really I just have an unusual amount of screenshots of the player character awkwardly in frame with the camera mostly pointing at a wall.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
99% of my screenshots are accidental, taken during times of gaming duress when I revert to just smashing every button on the controller.

The other one picture is my Elden Ring guy on top of a lil tower.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I installed Kirby and the forgotten land + Zelda botw on the switch for my kid and, uh I suppose I'm playing breath of the wild again from scratch.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Jay Rust posted:

I wish I was a screenshot guy. One of my friends spent hours in the mario odyssey camera mode thing and took some cool pics, but me, idk I just want to make Mario pick up the shinies (which you can't do from the camera mode)

Same

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bosses should bow out and leave their loot chests behind if you take a really impressive photo mode shot of them in action.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

exquisite tea posted:

Bosses should bow out and leave their loot chests behind if you take a really impressive photo mode shot of them in action.

Pokemon Snap but in the context of actually being a standard JRPG story except you achieve victory by your photography just being that good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One day I will become a true selfie champion and avenge my father.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

One day I will become a true selfie champion and avenge my father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXbicVj3HEs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
in Judgement you can take a selfie with your dates, and you can frame the camera to crop them out and just have Yagami looking miserable and they're all so excited to get texted a copy that will never come. Yagami is a monster who is only using them for their completion lists.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

redreader posted:

I installed Kirby and the forgotten land + Zelda botw on the switch for my kid and, uh I suppose I'm playing breath of the wild again from scratch.

botw is such a good teaching tool for kids, it covers so much ground

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should I play TriStratz with english or japanese voice over? Ty

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Search your heart...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

The English vo is not very good, though that's going off second hand reports

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/_deltaVelocity_/status/1615022338281463810?s=20

It's happened again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One day is going to turn out War Thunder is a Chinese psy op to induce dumbass Western soldiers to leak details on all their fancy vehicles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

war blunder

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The English dub in tristrat is not bad, i never felt like switching to JP.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess there's no cined top movie thread so here were the 2022 movies i watched

10) Skinamarink - This only makes my top 10 because i've only watched 10 2022 movies so far. i did not fall into the target audience of "finds liminal spaces terrifying for some reason" so it was just a lot of staring at walls and floors as sometimes a thing moved. probably best watched alone and not in a group, which amplifies the awkwardness of the viewing experience
9) Glorious - JK Simmons is a toilet cthulhu that traps a real jerk in a rest stop bathroom
8) Incantation - decent found footage horror that COULD have been great, had it not backed into typical found footage horror tropes and stuck with the family drama/suspense. had vibes of red candle's Devotion at times
7) Slash/Back - Attack the Block for Kids. Dialog suffers from 'Life is Strange' syndrome a little (what zoomer says 'cray-cray?') but I liked the film especially the animal attack scene that was clearly an arm puppet
6) VHS 99 - I guess people did not like VHS Viral's lean on comedy but I think 99 does the horror comedy blend really well. Mabel is the best.
5) Deadstream - Cancel culture man gets owned in a haunted house, a fun found footage frolic
4) Saloum - Fascinating slow burn genre blend, not everything about it worked for me but it was pretty cool.
3) The Sea Beast - Surprisingly good and high-budget animated film from Netflix, could easily have run in theaters and passed the smell test. a little derivative of HTTYD i guess, but I still really liked it
2) Turning Red - Fantastic and cartoony animated film, maybe my favorite Pixar film since Ratatouille
1) Everything Everywhere All At Once - the reviews saying this was The Matrix but an allegory for ADHD were spot on the mark

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You should watch Prey, it's real good (On Hulu).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why watch movies when you can watch a Let's Play of your favorite pokemon game?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
In my playthrough of Star Ocean First Departure R I am using the Japanese dub

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
That's the Spirit Temple done. Should have Ocarina of Time finished later tonight as my first completed game of 2023. Will do a little ranking of the bosses afterwards.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think Bongo Bongo is my favorite

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Obligatum VII posted:

Pokemon Snap but in the context of actually being a standard JRPG story except you achieve victory by your photography just being that good.

Baten Kaitos

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Link, get me outta dis wack rear end crystal prison,

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the english dub of triangle strategy starts off kinda rough and ends really strong but even the beginning of the game has some great reads, like dragan when he's extremely wasted

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

One day is going to turn out War Thunder is a Chinese psy op to induce dumbass Western soldiers to leak details on all their fancy vehicles

Except Chinese docs were also leaked there:

https://www.polygon.com/23152203/war-thunder-chinese-tank-weapon-leak-classified-military-secrets-forum

RIP that dumbass

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 16, 2023

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The 7th Guest posted:

i guess there's no cined top movie thread so here were the 2022 movies i watched

10) Skinamarink - This only makes my top 10 because i've only watched 10 2022 movies so far. i did not fall into the target audience of "finds liminal spaces terrifying for some reason" so it was just a lot of staring at walls and floors as sometimes a thing moved. probably best watched alone and not in a group, which amplifies the awkwardness of the viewing experience
9) Glorious - JK Simmons is a toilet cthulhu that traps a real jerk in a rest stop bathroom
8) Incantation - decent found footage horror that COULD have been great, had it not backed into typical found footage horror tropes and stuck with the family drama/suspense. had vibes of red candle's Devotion at times
7) Slash/Back - Attack the Block for Kids. Dialog suffers from 'Life is Strange' syndrome a little (what zoomer says 'cray-cray?') but I liked the film especially the animal attack scene that was clearly an arm puppet
6) VHS 99 - I guess people did not like VHS Viral's lean on comedy but I think 99 does the horror comedy blend really well. Mabel is the best.
5) Deadstream - Cancel culture man gets owned in a haunted house, a fun found footage frolic
4) Saloum - Fascinating slow burn genre blend, not everything about it worked for me but it was pretty cool.
3) The Sea Beast - Surprisingly good and high-budget animated film from Netflix, could easily have run in theaters and passed the smell test. a little derivative of HTTYD i guess, but I still really liked it
2) Turning Red - Fantastic and cartoony animated film, maybe my favorite Pixar film since Ratatouille
1) Everything Everywhere All At Once - the reviews saying this was The Matrix but an allegory for ADHD were spot on the mark

Every 2022 movie I watched ranked:

1. Northman : Did you know the vikings were terrible people?
2. Everything Everywhere All at Once: meanders a bit too much but seeing decent fight choreography in tyol 2022 is a rare treat indeed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, that's them hiding their tracks

E: Black Myth Wukong has a Summer 2024 release window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERWqW7L9vU8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Draga posted:

Link, get me outta dis wack rear end crystal prison,

Ay yo, fuhgeddaboudit

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Salesmen was the best 2022 movie I saw, very inspiring work.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was also somehow from last year and is actually really good and you should see it if you've ever liked nic cage in literally anything he's been in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bone emulator posted:

Every 2022 movie I watched ranked:

1. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - they did Namor and it was great
2. Thor: Love and Thunder - I'm not a GnR fan
3. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Wanda got done dirty
4. Violent Night - my friends wanted to see this on Boxing Day

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

How could I forget the Nickelodeon animated blazing saddles remake that has Brooks on writing, production and a voice, Paws of Fury:The Legend of Hank

This mother fucker gave himself "what in the wide world of sports is going on here" as a line

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
1. Everything Everywhere All at Once
2. Glass Onion
3. TÁR (rewatching this tomorrow so might go up more)
4. We’re All Going to the World’s Fair
5. NOPE
6. Aftersun
7. The Northman
8. Top Gun: Maverick
9. Avatar: The Way of Water
10. The Banshees of Inisherin

11-30 here https://boxd.it/jRx3U

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I should watch everything on this list

https://vimeo.com/786806921

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I don't log my movies but if I did there would probably have been some sort of mental health check in after I watched Spirit Halloween 5 times.

I saw 3 of the very regrettable Bruce Willis movies from this year and, yeah wow it's a miracle they got anything out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Ocarina of Time is done! Still a great game despite age-related clunkiness. Glad to have finally completed it after all these years. Biggoron Sword utterly trivializes boss fights though. Next up to finish is Pokemon Violet. Currently in the final area of that. Never finished two games this early in the year before.

Quick boss ranking from best to worst:

1. Phantom Ganon
2. Ganondorf
3. Barinade
4. Twinrova
5. Volvagia
6. Bongo Bongo
7. Ganon
8. King Dodongo
9. Gohma
10. Morpha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGUkq2u14o