Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It was the 1 but it was a long 1. And Huntley's body is behind the 1.

I don't really remember that end of half sequence too well now because it's been shadowed by what came after it but I do remember being mad we didn't score a TD. Saying we needed a touchdown there. I'll have to go back and relive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

griping about a few individual playcalls after a loss and calling for the coaches heads, a tradition unlike any other

(G-Ro should go, but last night he did okay and his offense scored the same number of points as the Vaunted Joe Burrow Offense)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So uh, the Vikings / Giants game was fun and I really appreciate that the Vikings were 11-1 in one-score games this year, with the 1 loss being in the playoffs. I think I said something about hoping that it would happen but I'm too lazy to look up the post.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Vikings playoff bullshit finally ran out when it met Giants playoff bullshit, but that was a legit good game and the Vikings could do some damage next year with a better defense.

Meanwhile there's still a non-zero chance we get three NFC East teams in the divisional round.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m glad the Ravens lost. I’m glad because:

Go Giants.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Why are we talking about a garbage loser team like the Ravens when the dynamic and sexy Cincinnati Bengals are right there?

Perhaps we should talk about how fun it is watching Burrow throw dimes to Chase, and how fun it'll be to watch Allen and Burrow go at it in the playoffs.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

how can we engineer it such that the bengals, bills and chiefs can all play a three-way game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

kidcoelacanth posted:

how can we engineer it such that the bengals, bills and chiefs can all play a three-way game

I believe Mahomes come out and hits both Allen and Burrow with a chair, grabs a mic and says doesn't see any winners here, just two losers, so he guesses he just gets to go straight to the Super Bowl, then Roger Goodell comes out and says that's not how we do things around here, Pat.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Perhaps we should talk about how fun it is watching Burrow throw dimes to Chase, and how fun it'll be to watch Allen and Burrow go at it in the playoffs.
I think this is a great idea. Burrow 2 Chase is one of the most fun combos I have seen in football in a while.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Have both sides be the offense and see which end can score a TD more quickly.

You could do each side once, and do every permutation. Hell, throw the Jags in too, they've earned it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MJeff posted:

I believe Mahomes come out and hits both Allen and Burrow with a chair, grabs a mic and says doesn't see any winners here, just two losers, so he guesses he just gets to go straight to the Super Bowl, then Roger Goodell comes out and says that's not how we do things around here, Pat.

Ngl, I am down for this

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If we're going full pro wrestling script for the AFC then the Jags come out of nowhere for the pin after the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals simultaneously knock each other out.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
And then Saud house triumphantly lifts the Lombardi and everyone claps

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MJeff posted:

And here I was going to say something dumb like "Each possession is two of the three teams playing each other. The Bills offense plays the Chief's Defense; the Chief's offense plays the Bengal's defense, then the Bengal's offense plays the Bills' Defense. This switches each quarter (so the Bills O plays the Bengals' D and so on).

Android Apocalypse posted:

If we're going full pro wrestling script for the AFC then the Jags come out of nowhere for the pin after the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals simultaneously knock each other out.
Hell yes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

NFC is won by the Daniel Jones-Eli Manning tag team of derp.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I skipped most of the Jags/Chargers game the first time around, so I went back and watched it on condensed. Still incredible. Jags D deserves a lot of credit for some tough stops, especially after being put in so many terrible situations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I wiggle in my chair with a smile every time I see this posted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I mean, if we're going Tony Khan pro wrestling, then Mahomes will break his foot, Josh Allen will go on a spiteful tirade and get into a fight, getting half of the playoff field suspended and somehow the Lombardi will wind up on Peyton Manning because he was the only one available.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

All the Cincinnati Bengals do is hurt and destroy. Look what they've done to our friends

They've spent so long doing it to Cincinnati, it was only a matter of time before the Bengals started branching out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

This kind of QB sneak that QBs do where they hold the ball out front and try to jump over is new though. i'm shocked that plays like last night don't happen more often.

That play only happened that way because a bunch of poo poo consecutively happened.

Jermaine Pratt successfully guessed exactly where Huntley was going to try and pop over the line, and bent him backwards.

Logan Wilson was in a good position to get a solid punch on the football.

Huntley's arms were forced to separate and he batted the football away from the pile instead of into that massive pile of ravens or into the end zone where it would have been a touchback.

When the ball did squirt out it just happened to hit Hubbard in the hands and Hubbard wasn't engaged with anybody.

It kind of bothers me that people are acting like Huntley did something wildly irresponsible. He overestimated the push his line got him, But I don't necessarily feel like that play was inherently any riskier than throwing into a crowd in the end zone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he wasn't apposed to jump because it was much too far, then he ruined the play regardless of how ruined it ended up. but i don't know the real circumstances. i don't know any of it. and i never will know in my life.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe Tyler Huntley just wanted to be like his hero, Matthew Stafford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22eOgv4VY3w

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

It kind of bothers me that people are acting like Huntley did something wildly irresponsible.

it's actually John Harbaugh's fault for deciding to interview for the job of Ravens Head Coach which lead the franchise down an inexorable path ending with Tyler Huntley fumbling at the goal line

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m willing to very magnanimously offer the Ravens a trade of Dennis Allen for John Harbaugh, no extra compensation required. The Saints will even take Greg Roman, I’m sure he’d have fun with Taysom and it’s not like he can throw anyway.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

There's situations where Greg Roman can be great. Even this year. That last running play in the first Pittsburgh game to ice it was a fantastic playcall and design, maybe one of the best ever. But he gets tunnel vision hard and just forgets to make his passing concepts functional at all.

The thing is the Ravens don't have to trade John Harbaugh for an even worse clown. We can give someone else a chance or even pursue a guy like Sean Payton. Or maybe even Jim Harbaugh :D

I'd be ok with John and Jim Harbaugh as co-coaches. That could be fun

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Huntley should take notes from T-Law's two point conversion.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This may be controversial but I genuinely think Trevor Lawrence is a better QB than Tyler Huntley.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m willing to very magnanimously offer the Ravens a trade of Dennis Allen for John Harbaugh, no extra compensation required. The Saints will even take Greg Roman, I’m sure he’d have fun with Taysom and it’s not like he can throw anyway.

Hell, we should be able to scrounge up a po-boy to at least sweeten the deal a little.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im worried about the Bengals O line... but very happy to face the Bills next week and not Roquan and that defense again.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1615073614780563456?s=46&t=t-mQZpyuiEico50fBNv2xw

Dexter Lawrence was robbed of first team all pro honors

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Chris Jones 1st team over Lawrence is a case of narratives over game tape.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I just realized the Ravens now have our own version of "not" running Marshawn Lynch at the Superbowl

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Top shelf

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Freaquency posted:

Harbaugh’s future is pretty straightforward imo. Roman’s contract is apparently up; if he’s resigned then fire both of them into the sun. If they can’t work out a deal with Jackson because the relationship between him and Harbaugh was ruined by the playcalling then fire him.

:agreed:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Baltimore Ravens are the inferior New York Giants.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kawalimus posted:

I just realized the Ravens now have our own version of "not" running Marshawn Lynch at the Superbowl

I think it is closer to the butt fumble, to be honest.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Chris Jones 1st team over Lawrence is a case of narratives over game tape.

I don’t think that’s the case; Chris Jones is amazing. We just had a year where there were more than a handful of excellent/elite DTs.

Jones
Quinnen
Lawrence
Wilkins
Simmons

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big Jeff

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it is closer to the butt fumble, to be honest.

The butt fumble is up with these plays too. But the butt fumble wasn't the result of a choice like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

When you're the Baltimore Ravens every single play is a buttfumble.