Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Guavanaut posted:

Can't believe I have to cook over this giant unshielded lump of Strontium-90. Thanks Obama.

Yes, I vote we distribute warm glowing rocks to all the people who are upset their gas stoves will be taken away as compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Skios posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting :smuggo:

Seriously though, this is apparently A Point that conservatives are making now:

https://twitter.com/briangitt/status/1614654067195916288

"Look at how dumb the Federal Government is! If they take away our gas stoves, we'll have to default to the only other option, wood stoves, which are way worse!"

I think it's more an just old timey Vermont callback, given the author.

For the record my parents have a wood stove very similar to the one in the cartoon and my father makes breakfast on it most days during the winter.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Fister Roboto posted:

The really cool thing about about the people whining about the government taking their gas stoves, is that statistically speaking, most of them don't have gas stoves. None of them gave a single poo poo about it until just the other day.

Just like when they bitch and moan about Trans people in women's sports when they don't watch them in the first place.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Skios posted:

"Look at how dumb the Federal Government is! If they take away our gas stoves, we'll have to default to the only other option, wood stoves, which are way worse!"

I can’t believe the federal government is going to make us fuel our stoves with household pets. This time they’ve gone TOO FAR!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
‘OK, ideas for spinning KISS’ make-up. I’ve got the Star of Life, a pair of syringes, a coronavirus blob, and… a cat. Eh.’

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
He was already a cat, though!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting :smuggo:

Seriously though, this is apparently A Point that conservatives are making now:

https://twitter.com/briangitt/status/1614654067195916288

This is conservatism right here. Getting wood combustion out of the home, which improved people's health and saved lives, was good because it happened before I was born. But making any further improvements is bad because things are fine just the way they are and we should celebrate burning gas in the home and keep doing it forever.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Freedom means I never have to change my behavior or leave my comfort zone or change my mind, about anything, for any reason, ever. And if you inconvenience me you're a communist.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Quit Complaining About Being Told to Shut Up

Ted Rall posted:

As if to make his point for him, Prince Harry’s memoir searingly criticizing the royal family and English culture in general for stifling emotional expression was greeted by…Anglo-Saxons demanding that he stifle his emotions.
edit: shrunk the cartoon, Rall switched to making them massive in 2023.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 16, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

I don't this cartoon is actually about Prince Harry.

Also Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature because despite drawing him with a beard on the book cover, Todd Rolo forgot the beard everywhere else.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 16, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Steve Benson

Tom Stiglich

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

edit: shrunk the cartoon, Rall switched to making them massive in 2023.

Shut up, Ted Rall.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Hmm, yes, the problem is the perfidious Saxon culture exporting their Germanic Stoicism and not the culture in the royal family created and nurtured over the 70 years of Lizzie's shittastic reign.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Guavanaut posted:

I think he's mostly mad that all those bands believe that Covid exists, when in the past they were cool and edgy and anti-authority.

Never mind what kind of authority they were against or that he'd 100% be on the Christians Against Devil Music Committee against Dee Snider.

Glad to here Foo Fighters are on the right side, given their history of AIDS denialism.

kartikeya posted:

Shut up, Ted Rall.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 16, 2023

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I do not understand why people care this much about the royal family’s internal spats. Especially Americans.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

I do not understand why people care this much about the royal family’s internal spats. Especially Americans.
Try Russians, of all things. Part of the great big chud network.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Personally I just really liked Meghan Markle in Suits and I hate pedophiles, so I'm completely on Team Harry.

Edit: It also doesn't help that every time Harry opens his mouth the gammons of Britain act like it's news that the royal family are vile racists. We've known the royal family has been pieces of poo poo since, uh... 1992? 1936? 1689?

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 16, 2023

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Keir Starmer’s hopes of cutting NHS waiting times – Labour leader said current system of GP visits ‘isn’t working’ and that his party would tackle ‘bureaucratic nonsense’"

Telegraph:

Labour’s plan to ‘nationalise’ GPs would cost more than £7bn

Times:

Evening Standard:

Martin Lewis: Blue Monday is ‘crap pseudoscience’ used by companies to sell goods

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I think I'll keep Sinfest to Sunday weekly updates. It reads "better" and it'll give us something to do on Sundays, in the event someone else doesn't post them first.

China Daily

US debt crisis by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Osama Hajjaj from Jordan

Charlie Hebdo

Authentic bakers

This accompanies a piece on how energy prices are affecting bakers.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I think it's funny when monarchists are upset

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skios posted:

Going through last years' Kellies thread to relive the memories I stumbled across this one:

So yeah: Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

So the border security airs out the input to make a more even and fluffy dough?

Alternatively, the purpose of border security is to separate flour clumps, which is really dark if you follow the metaphor.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I would imagine that now there's a new king, a lot of people are suddenly finding themselves needing to form an opinion on monarchy now that the monarch isn't just a nice old lady whose face you saw every time you got pocket money as a kid. So scandals among them are getting a bit more traction as people who'd previously have ignored it because they liked the old lady aren't doing that any more.

Plus in the UK it's certainly a handy distraction for the tory traditionalists from getting angry at the party they're supposed to be voting for in the next couple of years. Not sure why it's getting played up so much in Australia though. I think the US just likes the celebrity drama of it all, same as ever.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Hey, the first DEBT cartoon of the year!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:fuckoff:
Man who spends his entire career intentionally cultivating fear, hate, misunderstanding, separation, and othering: "Wow my opponents sure are the real bigots, calling me out when I say racist poo poo. MLK would definitely be on my side."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

‘Blak Greens’ say they won’t support Indigenous voice without treaty negotiations (Guardian). There is division in the Greens with their First Nations spokeswoman Lidia Thorpe saying she won't support the Voice without movement in other areas first.

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Dave Rennie sacked, Eddie Jones back as Wallabies coach eight months before 2023 Rugby World Cup (ABC)

Spooner:

Gas shortages remain with the APPEA (Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association) claiming that gas caps has "paralysed" the market. Alternatively: Australian energy users call gas industry ‘a bunch of bullies’ amid claims of supply shortages (Guardian).

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What crisis? You're Chinese! You know the debt is just make believe.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

This quote is engraved on a polished stone wall surrounding the memorial, that side of the statue has the words “Out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope”

Gets a slight pass because that is a quote that appears in the memorial and framing it’s location wouldn’t work well since you would be facing away from the recognizable statue. It’s an artistic reinterpretation over slapping vague shapes of landmarks wherever.
(Also technically not a statue but an engraving on stone but I could spend several posts talking about this stuff again.)

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

It's hilarious that the British press are so loving mad about Prince Harry, since from what I've seen half of what he keeps saying is what absolute garbage they are, and that the paparazzi that more or less chased his mother to her death faced no consequences whatsoever. It's just endless HOW DARE YOU over and over again.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ann Telnaes

Jeff Danziger

Peter Kuch (1963)

"We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have never yet engaged in a direct-action movement that was "well timed" according to the timetable of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "wait." It rings in the ear of every Negro with a piercing familiarity. This "wait" has almost always meant "never." It has been a tranquilizing thalidomide, relieving the emotional stress for a moment, only to give birth to an ill-formed infant of frustration. We must come to see with the distinguished jurist of yesterday that "justice too long delayed is justice denied." We have waited for more than three hundred and forty years for our God-given and constitutional rights. The nations of Asia and Africa are moving with jetlike speed toward the goal of political independence, and we still creep at horse-and-buggy pace toward the gaining of a cup of coffee at a lunch counter. I guess it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say "wait." But when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate-filled policemen curse, kick, brutalize, and even kill your black brothers and sisters with impunity; when you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society; when you suddenly find your tongue twisted and your speech stammering as you seek to explain to your six-year-old daughter why she cannot go to the public amusement park that has just been advertised on television, and see tears welling up in her little eyes when she is told that Funtown is closed to colored children, and see the depressing clouds of inferiority begin to form in her little mental sky, and see her begin to distort her little personality by unconsciously developing a bitterness toward white people; when you have to concoct an answer for a five-year-old son asking in agonizing pathos, "Daddy, why do white people treat colored people so mean?"; when you take a cross-country drive and find it necessary to sleep night after night in the uncomfortable corners of your automobile because no motel will accept you; when you are humiliated day in and day out by nagging signs reading "white" and "colored"; when your first name becomes "friend of the family" and your middle name becomes "boy" (however old you are) and your last name becomes "John," and when your wife and mother are never given the respected title "Mrs."; when you are harried by day and haunted by night by the fact that you are a Negro, living constantly at tiptoe stance, never knowing what to expect next, and plagued with inner fears and outer resentments; when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of "nobodyness" -- then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over and men are no longer willing to be plunged into an abyss of injustice where they experience the bleakness of corroding despair. I hope, sirs, you can understand our legitimate and unavoidable impatience."

-Martin Luther King, Letter From a Birmingham Jail (1963)

Charles Brooks (1967)

Clifford “Baldy” Baldowski (1964)

Herbert "Herblock" Block (1968)

Jack Knox (1967)

Bill Sanders (late 1960s)

Charles Bissell (1968)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Charles Bissell (1968)

I know there's a whole AGC page about these, but gently caress, man. Same as it ever was.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It is always incredibly depressing how many of these could have been printed in 2020 without anyone batting an eye. poo poo, a lot of them can keep MLK in

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

idonotlikepeas posted:

Herbert "Herblock" Block (1968)

For further context: this cartoon was right after the assassination of Dr. King, and the riots across the country following his assassination. Note that the gun holder is white, and the fire holder is black, because Herblock - the man who named McCarthyism when most others were cowed by it, the man who spent thirty years documenting how Nixon was a bum and a crook, one of the best and most revered political cartoonists of the 20th century - was still the kind of guy who thought "black people should protest, but not like that".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

skeleton warrior posted:

For further context: this cartoon was right after the assassination of Dr. King, and the riots across the country following his assassination. Note that the gun holder is white, and the fire holder is black, because Herblock - the man who named McCarthyism when most others were cowed by it, the man who spent thirty years documenting how Nixon was a bum and a crook, one of the best and most revered political cartoonists of the 20th century - was still the kind of guy who thought "black people should protest, but not like that".
"Black people reacting angrily to MLK's assassination are as bad as the assassins" basically.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
You were unlikely to see Joe Biden on C-SPAN in the '70s, since the channel launched in 1979 and didn't cover the Senate until 1986.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

"Documentgate" will be a drag on Biden but he'll still cross the finish line in 2024. A Dem Copium cartoon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AGC

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

"Apple Pie Hubbub" posted:

Why is half the panel a black void