Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

... portable air support?

Portable in the sense that you can literally carry it with you in a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Grendels Dad posted:

... portable air support?

we call them drones

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #127 (1972)

Foolkiller #2 (2017)

Superboy #123 (1965)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #7 (1982)

Adam Strange / Future Quest #1 (2017)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Selachian posted:

Someone's read When the Wind Blows, I see.

I remember being a young lad of about 8 or so, at grandma's house. Grandma had an antenna with a rotator; point it in this direction to get TVO, on channel 2, as I recall, this direction to get CHCH on 11, and this direction to get CKVR on channel 3. Global hadn't yet come to channel 7.

Anywho, I'm flipping through these three channels, and I come across this delightful, whimsical cartoon about a daffy old retired british couple. So I start watching it.

Turns out I was ten minutes in to When The Wind Blows.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #5 (1982)

Thank you, Cobra Commander. I was just thinking about how ridiculous this storyline was, and you took the words right out of my mouth.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 16, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's been explained to me before that Marvel Comics Cobra Commander doesn't have the Starscream voice... But some of these panels, I just can't help hearing it anyway

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Phy posted:

It's been explained to me before that Marvel Comics Cobra Commander doesn't have the Starscream voice

Well of course not.

He sounds like THE MIGHTY MONARCH.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Phy posted:

It's been explained to me before that Marvel Comics Cobra Commander doesn't have the Starscream voice... But some of these panels, I just can't help hearing it anyway

Lies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Starscream / Cobra Commander was Frank Welker so if you don't like that raspy loud whine just picture CC talking like another Walker character. Like Slimer.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

TheCenturion posted:

I remember being a young lad of about 8 or so, at grandma's house. Grandma had an antenna with a rotator; point it in this direction to get TVO, on channel 2, as I recall, this direction to get CHCH on 11, and this direction to get CKVR on channel 3. Global hadn't yet come to channel 7.

Anywho, I'm flipping through these three channels, and I come across this delightful, whimsical cartoon about a daffy old retired british couple. So I start watching it.

Turns out I was ten minutes in to When The Wind Blows.

I'd read the original comic when I was little and found a copy at a book fair a few years ago, which I bought for nostalgia.

My wife helpfully pointed out they had radiation poisoning, which I hadn't realised when I was little, so I got to be made sad by it all over again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Starscream / Cobra Commander was Frank Welker so if you don't like that raspy loud whine just picture CC talking like another Walker character. Like Slimer.

Chris Latta was the voice of Starscream and Cobra Commander in the 80s cartoons.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What?! Living that lie my whole life!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Lobok posted:

What?! Living that lie my whole life!

The Manilla Affect!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

muscles like this! posted:

Chris Latta was the voice of Starscream and Cobra Commander in the 80s cartoons.

Too late. I’ve already imagined Cobra Commander with Fred Jones’ voice.

“C’mon, Destro! Looks like we have another mystery on our hands!”

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The only cartoon voice actors I know are Steve Urkel and Lorenzo Music. Neither one of which works for Cobra Commander.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dareon posted:

The only cartoon voice actors I know are Steve Urkel and Lorenzo Music. Neither one of which works for Cobra Commander.

Someone who doesn't know who Kevin Conroy was shouldn't be allowed to post in BSS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Someone who doesn't know who Kevin Conroy was shouldn't be allowed to post in BSS

Or Mark Hamill

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also the whole latest chapter of Dandadan can probably be posted here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

The Manilla Affect!

Bernstein'd again!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

BSS is the printed cartoon forum, not the animated cartoon forum. HTH.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

He is apparently supposed to sound like Orson Welles:

I am trying to read his dialogue in the voice of Unicron, and it is freaking me out!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dareon posted:

Guarantee you, like, know Casey Kasem too

who would also have made for a hilarious Cobra Commander

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Dareon posted:

I don't know, I can kinda picture Garfield Cobra Commander

SimonChris posted:

I am trying to read his dialogue in the voice of Unicron, and it is freaking me out!

Ahhh the french!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The unaired pilot with Gilbert Gottfried voicing Cobra Commander (and, incidentally, French Stewart as Snake Eyes) is hilarious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

BSS is the printed cartoon forum, not the animated cartoon forum. HTH.

If you're read comics and don't know Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, I'm gonna come to your house and beat you up and steal your milk money

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
rip kevin conroy, genuinely miss him a lot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

If you're read comics and don't know Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, I'm gonna come to your house and beat you up and steal your milk money

It's 11:54 on a Tuesday; I'm not at home, stupid.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's 11:54 on a Tuesday; I'm not at home, stupid.

Then how did I get all this loose change?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

Then how did I get all this loose change?!

You're bad at sucking dick?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

SimonChris posted:

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #5 (1982)

Thank you, Cobra Commander. I was just thinking about how ridiculous this storyline was, and you took the words right out of my mouth.

This would be the one where they then defeat Cobra by playing the sound of bubble gum popping over a loudspeaker to 'simulate' the main cannon of the tank.

Honestly, the entire Marvel run of G.I. Joe is a fun trip.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

SimonChris posted:

Does anyone have access to an AI that can deepfake the late, great Chris Latta doing Frozen Peas?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SimonChris posted:

"Destro, the proper reading is the one I'm giving"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #26 (2003)

PunisherMax #9 (2010)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

This would be the one where they then defeat Cobra by playing the sound of bubble gum popping over a loudspeaker to 'simulate' the main cannon of the tank.

Honestly, the entire Marvel run of G.I. Joe is a fun trip.

It would indeed:

I want some chewing gum that sounds exactly like a tank cannon.

Might as well throw in this adorable panel of the tank playing hide-and-seek with the Cobra troopers:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SimonChris posted:

Might as well throw in this adorable panel of the tank playing hide-and-seek with the Cobra troopers:

If you squint you can almost see the perspective they were going for. I'm not sure how I'd reinforce that, put a vehicle poking out behind the ledge of soil on the right?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Colonel Bludd from Classic Joe is probably a perfect comic book villain

Bonus: Absolute Chad Sebastian Bludd bullies theatre kid Zartan to tears

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Darthemed posted:

PunisherMax #9 (2010)

Don't be a dick, Frank.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

amazing spidey 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
She’s giving him the bedroom eyes