Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has anyone done a velma is good actually video to get rage clicks yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Probably wont get those until the whole series is out. They're doing a two-episodes-a-week release schedule.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

X JAKK posted:

:emo: Velma episode 2

you dont have to hurt yourself this way, help is available

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The US Office sucked and Mindy Kaling was the worst part of it

Just kidding it was Rainn Wilson

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

I have to imagine this is a review-proofing policy: if you don’t like the comedy of Velma then perhaps it hit…too close to home????

I hate tiny dick jokes and for a long time I tried to explain to people that body positivity is an important thing we need to work towards in our culture, and a person isn't defined by their penis size any more than their breast size, their height, etc. But of course anything I ever said about it was irrelevant because they always just assumed I had a small dick I was insecure about.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

rydiafan posted:

I hate tiny dick jokes and for a long time I tried to explain to people that body positivity is an important thing we need to work towards in our culture, and a person isn't defined by their penis size any more than their breast size, their height, etc. But of course anything I ever said about it was irrelevant because they always just assumed I had a small dick I was insecure about.

countdown to multi-page derail of goons talking about how tall they are.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

rydiafan posted:

tahts what someone with a small dick would post

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I just happen to feel very strongly about tiny PPs. We need to show more compassion towards men with tiny PPs. This is NOT a joking matter.

How big is my PP? How dare you. This is a "pet project" of mine. Apropos of nothing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think I'll watch a movie film on tv. Perhaps Die Hard 3. I like Jeremy Irons

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Seriously, nobody should be subjecting themselves to that trash, even in an ironic "hatewatch" sort of way

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

rydiafan posted:

How large is the truck you drive

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Beastie posted:

I think I'll watch a movie film on tv. Perhaps Die Hard 3. I like Jeremy Irons

I'm watching The Outlaws (2017), Korean action crime film starring Ma Dong-seok (aka Don Lee). Very enjoyable, I've seen it once before but was very drunk and forgot most of it.

Ma Dong-seok is an extremely meaty man of an actor (& President of the Korean Arm Wrestling federation) that always appears to be exhausted with carrying around his own bulk

His character in The Outlaws is a classic semi-corrupt tired cop who open palm slaps some people Really Hard. Pretty funny at times and also brutal. Give er a watch

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Streaming platforms should have a button just for hate watching so the metrics will show things like “everyone watched the first couple eps just to see how bad it could be. Don’t take these views as an excuse to green light more”

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Randarkman posted:

countdown to multi-page derail of goons talking about how tall they are.

Those goons, am I right people? Classic!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I kind of enjoy those look how terrible Velma is posts. Maybe that guy who made a Nostalgia Critic the Wall video will make a stab at it.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
sorry but body positivity has been coopted by food addicts and can never recover

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mindy Kalling has done more to end Woke-ism than Been Shapiro (whose height I will NOT comment on))

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh and I'm about to visit my brother this week to do mushrooms and watch Mad God (finally). He's a big RLM fan and a goon but probably has not posted or even lurked in 10 years.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

let's bring in all the UK goons so they can tell use how tall they are in Kings Nosehairs or whatever

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Beastie posted:

Oh and I'm about to visit my brother this week to do mushrooms and watch Mad God (finally). He's a big RLM fan and a goon but probably has not posted or even lurked in 10 years.

It rules hard and I'm jealous of your plan!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jon Irenicus posted:

let's bring in all the UK goons so they can tell use how tall they are in Kings Nosehairs or whatever

“I used to be thirty stone at 13”
“So how fat was he?”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Mindy Kalling has done more to end Woke-ism than Been Shapiro (whose height I will NOT comment on))

She ended woke-ism in that people are turning off her show and going to sleep :rimshot:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Stink Billyums posted:

sorry but body positivity has been coopted by food addicts and can never recover

If thats true why isn't my dick big from eating all this fast food?????

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Unrelated:

My girlfriend is out of town for work, which classic she'll absolutely hate should I watch tonight:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated:

My girlfriend is out of town for work, which classic she'll absolutely hate should I watch tonight:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

I love all of them... but Robocop, watch Robocop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97uNzbBfis

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I'd watch something with lots of boobs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hes already reading the thread.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Ma Dong-seok is an extremely meaty man of an actor (& President of the Korean Arm Wrestling federation) that always appears to be exhausted with carrying around his own bulk

now this is a movie rec

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

Whichever once you've seen least. If you've seen all 3 equally, then Robocop.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

me, if i were you, id call your best male friend over, take some mushrooms, and watch predator. the ultimate bonding experience

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

This was a great article that might have gotten lost since it was at the bottom of a page. Reading a passage like this makes me wonder how this process compared to how lucasfilm made their disney films.

The Vulture posted:

Patch — who most recently worked as an associate visual-effects producer on the Jordan Peele horror-comedy Nope — says he was surprised to discover that [Marvel’s VFX and postproduction president] Alonso and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige insisted on personally approving shots that require visual-effects work. “You wake up, and the first review would be set for 7:30 on a Sunday, because you’re dealing with Kevin’s schedule, you’re dealing with vendors all over the world: London, Bangalore, Australia, China,” he says. “Then everyone has to adjust based on the needs of whoever’s reviewing the shot: the director, the showrunner, the producers. Everybody’s giving their opinion, and sometimes they’re giving multiple notes on the same frames. You’re like, ‘What direction do I go with this?’” (Marvel declined to comment on Feige’s involvement. An insider close to the company, however, says that Feige does not approve every VFX shot.)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

me, if i were you, id call your best male friend over, take some mushrooms, and watch predator. the ultimate bonding experience

You've seen my posts, I don't have friends

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

Another vote for Robocop.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Lister posted:

Reading a passage like this makes me wonder how this process compared to how lucasfilm made their disney films.

According to Colin Marvel studios are notorious for them changing their mind about vfx up until the very last minute, making demands that amount to redoing scenes and designs multiple times, without necessarily paying more more. The last thing seems to be the norm, since the studios hold all the leverage over the vfx houses and can just make whatever demands they feel like really. But Marvel are known for being particularly bad in this regard.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

Yes

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Oh the last minutes changes talk reminded me of this one. Someone was asking for recommendations about documentaries about movies that were disasters.

It’s not a disaster, necessarily, but THE emperor’s New Groove was a pretty airy, lightweight piece of fluff that mainly relied on referential humor and I guess David Spade. As first conceived, it was going to be this emotional epic; that’s how they got Sting on board. This one is worth watching because, if you go in slow motion, you can see the exact moment wher his heart breaks.

It’s called The Sweatbox and the mouse hasn’t let it ever get released officially. So, uh, I guess check YouTube or something.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Marvel changing an ending but not telling the artists what they want besides “the hero should dodge stuff for x amount of minutes.” Would be maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated:

Robocop
The Thing
Aliens

?????

Tremors, or Robocop